Welcome to Gaia! ::

So anyway, Wolf's rain has been my long time favorite anime for many reasons but it seems that wherever i look there are a ton of anime fans, even hardcore anime fans that have never even heard of it despite it being labled as an "anime classic."

Is it simply that the mainstream audience didn't like it? or did the show simply not get enough publicity? I've even gone to anime conventions cosplaying the main charecter, Kiba and not been recognised and then when i tell people who i was they still didnt know. i cant believe such a good anime got such bad reception. stare

Anyway those of you who have seen wolf's rain what are your thoughts on it? especially the ending.
and those of you who haven't, why the heck not? gonk

Philosophizing Essence

36,525 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Wolf's Rain is one of my top list. Is a really good one... but old.
So, new "anime fans" didn't know about it. They only watch mainstream series (like naruto, bleach, one piece....etc) and the FANSERVICE-moe s**t around lately. They didn't care about the interesting plot ones, they only want to watch cute and romance things... that's what I believe.

Anyway, still cosplaying Kiba. I would do a Hige someday xD

Questionable Conversationalist

Unfortunately Wolf's Rain pretty much slid under the radar and is a little too old for the newest generation I suppose. I admit the only reason I knew about it was because I saw it on Adult Swim like eight years ago. The series itself didn't do so well in Japan either, but it appealed well to American audiences of the time at least. It seems that American companies don't do much advertising for anime either, not unless you subscribe to a bunch of anime magazines (if those are even still around).

While it is sad that people don't know about Wolf's Rain all that often, I think that makes the fanbase all the more special because there is less frequency of hatred for a really lovely series. I definitely know it can be a little off-putting to not get recognized at a con, though :c
Milady Alluca

While it is sad that people don't know about Wolf's Rain all that often, I think that makes the fanbase all the more special because there is less frequency of hatred for a really lovely series. I definitely know it can be a little off-putting to not get recognized at a con, though :c

Mmh i wouldn't know about the american audience since im stuck here in england but from what i can tell online the fanbase for the show is a hell of a lot nicer than that of the narutards (though i do actually like the naruto manga, the fanbase is lame).

I have taken it upon myself to make ALL of my friends borrow my Wolf's Rain dvd set and all of them have come back saying it's amazing so ive played my part in spreading its goodness i would like to think.

PS. is that you in your sig? you look niiice.

Questionable Conversationalist

Gex Almighty
Mmh i wouldn't know about the american audience since im stuff here in england but from what i can tell online the fanbase for the show is a hell of a lot nicer than that of the narutards (though i do actually like the naruto manga, the fanbase is lame).

I have taken it upon myself to make ALL of my friends borrow my Wolf's Rain dvd set and all of them have come back saying it's amazing so ive played my part in spreading its goodness i would like to think.

PS. is that you in your sig? you look niiice.

Well when a fanbase is large, it attracts the crazies, it seems to be a proven fact at this point haha. I can't even get started on the Hetalia or Black Butler whacko's I've run into (Though of course for every ten crazies there is a sweet and nice fan)

Now that's taking the initiative! Good for you and your friends! I don't really have many DVDs at all for anime, luckily the only show I vehemently encourage my friends to watch is Cowboy Bebop and that airs every weekend~
And yes it's me c:

Aroisninja's Waifu

Adorable Ace

24,925 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
Wolf's Rain was an wonderful anime. I think it was trying to compare "Paridise" To whatever we sought most in the world. And for Kiba to finally find it was meant to be a wonderful moment. But *SPOILER* the fact that everyone he held dear died beforehand... made it worthless. I seriously cried at the end.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Wolf the Mystic
Wolf's Rain was an wonderful anime. I think it was trying to compare "Paridise" To whatever we sought most in the world. And for Kiba to finally find it was meant to be a wonderful moment. But *SPOILER* the fact that everyone he held dear died beforehand... made it worthless. I seriously cried at the end.
well, it's established in the final four eps that the actual Paradise they were seeking was actually the resetting of the world, but there is also some indication that there's another concept of paradise in the series that is more personal. altho I have to wonder whose idea it was to cut out that quote about the nature of Paradise from the version of Wolf's Rain that aired on Adult Swim...
Wolf the Mystic

I know right?? i cried 5 times in wolf's rain between both my marathons of it, 3 times in the first watch through and twice the second. to be honest im usually pretty solid on tears so im amazed something that made me weep like a little girl isnt more known lol

Aroisninja's Waifu

Adorable Ace

24,925 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
Gex Almighty
Wolf the Mystic

I know right?? i cried 5 times in wolf's rain between both my marathons of it, 3 times in the first watch through and twice the second. to be honest im usually pretty solid on tears so im amazed something that made me weep like a little girl isnt more known lol

I watched it in a day thefrst time cried. then like a year later i watced it again promising myself i wouldnt cry, but i did. its just a sad story. But i did find an interesting fact. the person who voices kiba in the english version also voice Ichigo from bleach.
Wolf the Mystic

I watched it in a day thefrst time cried. then like a year later i watced it again promising myself i wouldnt cry, but i did. its just a sad story. But i did find an interesting fact. the person who voices kiba in the english version also voice Ichigo from bleach.

Yeah that guy voices loads of anime charecters, especially as the main role, guy is really popular. and for good reason, his voice is great for anime

Aroisninja's Waifu

Adorable Ace

24,925 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
He does have a nice voice. It suits both Kiba and Ichigo,
I always wondered who voiced Blue
She was my favorite character behind Kiba

Devoted Sage

Oh god, I so need to finish the series. I saw almost all of it, and then missed most of the end. Definitely one of my favorites. Cheza inspired a few of my own story characters, and damn it, Darcia was a scary mofo.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Altessa Belmont
Oh god, I so need to finish the series. I saw almost all of it, and then missed most of the end. Definitely one of my favorites. Cheza inspired a few of my own story characters, and damn it, Darcia was a scary mofo.

Those eyes will haunt my dreams neutral

Devoted Sage

Gex Almighty
Altessa Belmont

Those eyes will haunt my dreams neutral

I couldn't find the picture of his psychotic rape face in human form, but yeah, I haven't seen that episode yet (just the images) so I'm a bit terrified.
Lol he is a little bit scary in the last two episodes i guess. id be more worried about getting upset than scared when it comes to wolf's rain though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff