Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
SlySythe
Over all...

Clannad After Story... just a painfully beautiful experience.

Had similar weather as the final 3 episodes so it really hit my hard as if I was feeling what they he felt.

Kay, if it was snowing when i watched that i would have just lost it TT-TT
The ending, however, was fantastic, so all the tears were worth it. smile

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
my introduction to anime with sad endings was Ringing Bell (Chirin no Suzu/Chirin's Bell). it's a kodomo demographic anime movie done by Sanrio (yes, the ones who make Hello Kitty and the studio that animated Osamu Tezuka's Unico; it was even marketed in the US as being made by the same studio that made Unico).

now, you know how some people have called Bambi one of the most traumatic movies they've seen as a kid? Bambi personally didn't affect me much, heck, I watched Watership Down on TV back in the 80's and was fascinated by it (quite frankly, it does have some rather graphic scenes and a pg-13 rating, the original Watership Down movie wasn't anywhere near as toned down as the more recent cartoon series it got), that didn't even get to me.

the ending of Ringing Bell had me sobbing and traumatized.
so, at the beginning of the movie it looks all happy, Chirin is this happy, frolicsome lamb... but then a wolf attacks the flocks and makes Chirin his target, his mom jumps over him to save him and gets killed. Chirin vows to get revenge on the wolf and is disgusted by the passivity of the rest of the flock so he runs off to find the wolf. the wolf is somewhat amused by him so he raises Chirin to become strong and eventually Chirin comes to see the wolf as a father figure. then eventually the wolf takes Chirin out to raid a farm and kill some sheep. the wolf targets a lamb and its mom leaps to cover it. remembering what his mother did for him, Chirin attacks the wolf and kills it. happy ending, right?

nope. Chirin is too different from the other sheep so despite the fact he killed his father figure to save one of them he's driven off to live alone. the movie ends implying he dies wandering alone in a snowstorm.

ONLY JAPAN COULD MAKE A KIDS MOVIE THAT DEPRESSING!

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
bakeru lycoris

You know, i finished watching Angel beats! A few days ago, an didn't think it was all that sad.
I guess I had a similar problem in the fact that I just couldn't get close to the characters. They needed to lengthen the anime and allow viewers more time to bond to everyone before they got obliterated...
witch blade had a sad ending crying
Wolf's Rain neutral
I cannot watch it again.. I just.. wept so many tears.
I've heard Clannad was a good tear-jerker too.
Um... I did get weepy at Angel Beats! too because I wasn't expecting it to be sad. )B

Distinct Elder

6,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I agree with whomever said Cowboy Bebop...Definately sad.

Only anime to ever make me physically shed tears though is Code Geass R2 Ferrrrrr sure.
-SPOILER ALERT-

Lelouch's death was so traumatizing, you spend the entire anime hoping he succeeds and finds Happiness, and at the end, he loses everything, his sister, his power, his best friend, all to re-create the world.... It's powerful..

(Highlight the text if you wanna read it. razz )

5,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Mirai Nikki aka Future Diary

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
apathetic blinku

Yeah, angel beats wasn't all that sad...
If you want to cry = i suggest clannad and clannad after story, for no other anime has succeeded in making me cry like that. I had even had a spoiler on how it ended and i was bawling. (not that d*ck from earlier, from some youtube video). Even without the sadness, it's a great anime. I would definitely recommend you watch it. 3nodding

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Clannad and Clannad Afterstory.
;n;
And
*SPOILERRRR*
Huges death from FMA.
I was not expecting that at ALL.
*SPOILER*
Am I the only one that wasn't emotionally affected by Clannad? O_o
But then again I haven't watched the After Story yet.
romeo X julliet made me cry like a baby crying

Devoted Knight

3,600 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Contributor 150
PoptartCat_eFTe
Pretear. PRETEAR! cry

I cried so much.... Well... It was the end and... stuff.

THEY ONLY MADE LIKE12 FRAKIN' EPISODES BUT I CRIED THROUGH THE LAST THREE!

cat_neutral I can't even.... I was only like.... 9 or 10.

really? hmm. did you like it? well if you did the manga its based on is way better and you might like it!

Vin-Bun's Princess

Hopeless Sweetheart

daydreaming67
PoptartCat_eFTe
Pretear. PRETEAR! cry

I cried so much.... Well... It was the end and... stuff.

THEY ONLY MADE LIKE12 FRAKIN' EPISODES BUT I CRIED THROUGH THE LAST THREE!

cat_neutral I can't even.... I was only like.... 9 or 10.

really? hmm. did you like it? well if you did the manga its based on is way better and you might like it!

Yes. I loved it! The plot was so.... AWESOME!
I might look into the manga... Thanks~

Blessed Gaian

••• Happy Autumn!

Air had me balling my eyes out when I watched it. Then the next day I started watching Clannad. I watched it till I realized it was another sad anime so I quit watching it.

I remember in Dragon Ball Z when Bee died (Boo's doggy) died I cried. I am such an animal lover. I know there are random moments in animes I weeped about, but I cannot remember them. I think I may had tears in my eyes when Nicholas Wolfwood died in Trigun. He was so cute and my Trigun crush of the time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff