Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Railbird

12,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm almost done with the series and am on to the MOVIES and manga!!
I'm wondering if the girls from all the different manga series will tie into each other? emotion_bigheart

It's a new darker approach to the lives of magical girls and I have to say it's depressing as hell
Anyone else like it cause I sure do.
Then again I have been subconsciously drawn to things about death despair and time travel recently...

User Image

Magnetic Railbird

12,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Has no one seen this awesome anime? scream

Invisible Conversationalist

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
To be honest, Madoka wasn't bad until it's last two episodes. The way they try to logically explain how Madoka should be the strongest-when it should be Homura-and how Madoka treats the Magical Girls at the end makes me want to smack Orabuchi. Other than that, the show wasn't bad. The characters were a little flat, but other than those two episodes, it was alright.

Magnetic Railbird

12,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Momo_White Shinigami
To be honest, Madoka wasn't bad until it's last two episodes. The way they try to logically explain how Madoka should be the strongest-when it should be Homura-and how Madoka treats the Magical Girls at the end makes me want to smack Orabuchi. Other than that, the show wasn't bad. The characters were a little flat, but other than those two episodes, it was alright.
I think Kyubey kept saying that she would be the most powerful just to get her to join knowing she would eventually die an he could collect her soul gems energy, It wasn't power that she had It was just lots of energy. If she was the most powerful magical girl she would have been able to defeat Walpurgisnacht.
But what do you mean by flat? You don't think their personality's were built up enough?

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Rika - Primerose Princess
Momo_White Shinigami
I think Kyubey kept saying that she would be the most powerful just to get her to join knowing she would eventually die an he could collect her soul gems energy, It wasn't power that she had It was just lots of energy. If she was the most powerful magical girl she would have been able to defeat Walpurgisnacht.
But what do you mean by flat? You don't think their personality's were built up enough?

Finish watching the series. Then you'll understand what I mean.

And by flat, I mean that they weren't really developed. Sure, they had backstories and their own personalities, but they really didn't connect or hit home with me.

Magnetic Railbird

12,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Momo_White Shinigami

I finished the series though. I'm just not sure I wanna watch the movies cause they are a recap.
Have you read the manga? I was gonna start on those today.

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Momo_White Shinigami

I finished the series though. I'm just not sure I wanna watch the movies cause they are a recap.

Ah, alright then. Then you should know that Kyubey wasn't lying-Madoka does become the strongest, defeats Walpurgisnacht, and then pulls a 'sacrifice'.

I'll probably watch the movies, as they might be a better recap, and the third one is going to be an original story. I've read the first volume of the manga, but I haven't bought the rest yet.

Magnetic Railbird

12,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Momo_White Shinigami
Momo_White Shinigami

Ah, alright then. Then you should know that Kyubey wasn't lying-Madoka does become the strongest, defeats Walpurgisnacht, and then pulls a 'sacrifice'.

I'll probably watch the movies, as they might be a better recap, and the third one is going to be an original story. I've read the first volume of the manga, but I haven't bought the rest yet.
Oh yeah.. Homura was about to die and then Madoka became a magical girl to save everyone. I always wanna think of Kyubey as being evil cause the person who told me about the show said he was... gonk

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Momo_White Shinigami
Momo_White Shinigami

Oh yeah.. Homura was about to die and then Madoka became a magical girl to save everyone. I always wanna think of Kyubey as being evil cause the person who told me about the show said he was... gonk

If by 'save' you mean kill people. And before that, the explanation of how Madoka is the strongest magical girl didn't really add up for me. But anyways..Kyubey, in our eyes, is evil. In his eyes, however..not so much. Since he has a very different morality and mentality than we humans do, he doesn't really see what he's doing as evil. After all, he's saving the universe. Who cares about a few girls when the universe gets to keep going?

Magnetic Railbird

12,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Momo_White Shinigami

If by 'save' you mean kill people. And before that, the explanation of how Madoka is the strongest magical girl didn't really add up for me. But anyways..Kyubey, in our eyes, is evil. In his eyes, however..not so much. Since he has a very different morality and mentality than we humans do, he doesn't really see what he's doing as evil. After all, he's saving the universe. Who cares about a few girls when the universe gets to keep going?
You mean when she created a new universe? I guess that would be based on how you view it. I just think of it as rebuilding from the ashes. Everything is the same when she brought it back except Madoka wasn't supposed to exist physically and any magical girl who hatched a witch just died when their soul gems got tainted instead of becoming one.

Loyal Elder

Just wtached a showing in San Fran... third one seems to be "Kyubey's Revenge" or in longer terms "Remember the s**t they went through to stop witches? Yeah that was worthless"

Magnetic Railbird

12,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Eflow Nivek
Just wtached a showing in San Fran... third one seems to be "Kyubey's Revenge" or in longer terms "Remember the s**t they went through to stop witches? Yeah that was worthless"
Bah ha ha I can't wait to watch it! xd crying

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Momo_White Shinigami

You mean when she created a new universe? I guess that would be based on how you view it. I just think of it as rebuilding from the ashes. Everything is the same when she brought it back except Madoka wasn't supposed to exist physically and any magical girl who hatched a witch just died when their soul gems got tainted instead of becoming one.

And it's the final part of that universe-building that irkes me. In Madoka's wish, it doesn't state that she had to kill the Magical Girls that were going to be turned into Witches. However, this is just my personal opinion.

Loyal Elder

Momo_White Shinigami
Momo_White Shinigami

And it's the final part of that universe-building that irkes me. In Madoka's wish, it doesn't state that she had to kill the Magical Girls that were going to be turned into Witches. However, this is just my personal opinion.
Her wish was to erase witches before they were born which means that a magical girl must go through the corruption of their soul-gem before she can help them. Plus, they're already liches anyway they're already dead.

However, why she didn't wish to re-write entropy is another question. Assuming holding off entropy is what Kyubey really wanted.

(captcha: do you believe in miracles?)

Mind-boggling Sex Symbol

8,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Momo_White Shinigami
Momo_White Shinigami

You know they would have been dead if they turned into witches anyway, right?
Like, Madoka didn't stop them from dying, doesn't mean she killed them. She just stopped them having a fate worse than death.
'tis how I viewed it anyhow...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces