Welcome to Gaia! ::

Som this topic is about project K, which is awesome. We are getting into a brand new anime season, and I now have a favourite. Based on episode 1, project key is about magic users who serve different modern kings, who seem to each have some massive personal power and importance. The main plot involves a search by one group for a man calling himself the 7th king, or the colorless king. Very nasty fellow it seems. Unfortunately for our flighty protagonist Shiro, (creative naming of albino people is a strong point of this series) he and this evil Colorless king look identicle, and many believe them to be the same person.

Also, there is a random naked cat chick, who also appears in a preview to next week.

So, what do you think? Does it look interesting?Do you hate it? Discuss bellow! Also, those who like this, watch zetsuen no tempest, another pretty awesome looking urban fantasy that just started airing.
I think I have to wait before I'll be able to tell if this will be a love or hate series.
The engrish was hilarious (in an inappropriate bad kinda way). But otherwise it bored me until the end when they actually started battling (and partially chasing).
It had a really interesting style at the end there that I would very much like to see more of.

Unfortunately, I'm not someone fond of boobs being shoved in my face as blatant attempts at fanservice. But well maybe this will become like Code Geass and I'll come to overlook those kinds of things. But that has yet to be seen.

Vermillion Bibliophile

This series intrigues me. I checked it out because of the name, I mean seriously "K" rather vague don't you think. Right off the bat, I was taken in by the art, the world, the colors, it all just screamed at my attention. The story in itself already seems interesting and taking in the personality shown of Shiro, the potential for this being comic is rather good. This is going to be another one of those series that I'm impatiently waiting for episode updates on.

On a side note: I have to laugh at the first episode, technically, being subbed and dubbed.
The engrish was wierd for me, if only because it was in an otherwise really serious scene. Still, it was hilariously inappropriate and added to the comedy element. I personally am more interested in the overarcing story, seeing as how studios have been really quiet about the details.

On the note of fanservice, it has so far been only one short scene and a preview suggesting a bit to come, but it has hardly been shoved in our face, as many other shows tend to do. To be honest the sheer wtf factor of that scene was rather funny, actually.
The fact that Neko doesn't like clothes tells me there's a lot more 'in your face' fanservice to come.
And the opening alone shoves a butt and boobs in your face. THE OPENING. Seriously, that's not a message I like to see in what could be an otherwise semi-serious and cool anime. It just seems so degrading.
We have differing opinions on too much fanservice. Most series I know have at least that much. Stiens;gate had tons of echi jokes, and basically with scant exception anime in general has a rather nonchalant additude towards nudity. This is not shoving it in your face for its own sake, it just happens tp be there. And for ten seconds. If it gets worse, It does. Other series do the characters not liking clothes thing with no issues, like spice and wolf, or the scantily clad shiro in deadman wonderland. To me this is just a very minor case, even in a serious show. and I'm not convinced this will be all too serious for the most part. The MC seems very silly, there are some humor elements, seems to tread a fine line between serious and silly.

Dapper Dabbler

I feel like it's gonna be either really awesome or a huge letdown like Guilty Crown was.

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's not like, "Hey let's drop in some boobs and some BL hints and distract people from the fact that we half-assed the plot!" It seems like it will be pretty cool, though. We'll see.

Also, something I noticed: Shiro and the guy with the sword remind me a lot of Allen and Kanda from D.Gray-man. Not necessarily a bad thing because I like those characters. lol.

Clean Member

lol what is that like an animated version of project x lmao

Clean Member

poptarts!!
nudity because it just happens to be there does not bother me. I actually appreciate nudity when it's done for the sake of showing it as it is. I like it when things aren't beautified because reality is just deemed too ugly by society or whatever crap excuse there is. Liiikkee Inuyasha, or DBZ (forgive me i don't watch a lot of anime, partly for the reason we are arguing now). Even Birdy the Mighty I enjoyed because despite Birdy's outfit, there was no shoving of her assets in my face, save for maybe one or two very short instances in the entire series. But nudity for the sake of nudity does not please me. And it's unfortunate that it's everywhere in anime.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff