Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
The Beautiful temari
SweetlyCaptive
User Image
This one. Couldnt even finish the anime....
watched the first episode and never watched it again

I got to episode 9 and quit....btw nice username temari rocks ^^

5,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
SweetlyCaptive
User Image
This one. Couldnt even finish the anime....

?????

4,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Easy question. Sakura from Naruto, definitely her. Useless, annoying, waste of time and space liar with pink hair! scream She's a JERK to Naruto all the time. I hate Momo in Bleach too, just trash n cruel to Hitsugaya. crying Not fond of Wrinry from FMA either, but I can deal with her. xp

Blessed Cutie-Pie

5,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
I think that the most annoying anime character is Naruto from... well, Naruto.
I hate that he always thinks that he is the best, and will win, even if he's heavily outnumbered, and that he rushes into things without thinking them through, and that he does nothing but complain when their is peace (which is what he is supposed to be working toward, isn't he).
He just doesn't really seem to have that many ninja traits to me...

Winner

Every single uke-type character created. "Uke" is a fancy word for "fodder".
Hiyori and Yumichika from Bleach. Hiyori seems to be yelling most of the time which is obnoxious, whilst Yumichika is just obnoxious.
Excel from Excel Saga. In the Japanese and English versions, listening to her makes me cringe.

Fashionable Dabbler

scattered blossoms
Hiyori and Yumichika from Bleach. Hiyori seems to be yelling most of the time which is obnoxious, whilst Yumichika is just obnoxious.
Excel from Excel Saga. In the Japanese and English versions, listening to her makes me cringe.

Actually, Uke translates closer to 'catcher', as in 'pitcher and catcher' in baseball. Basically it's a slang term to refer to the partner who takes it in a gay relationship.

Fashionable Dabbler

And I'd have to say Meg from Burst Angel. Her sole purpose is to get captured so Jo has someone to save.

Winner

Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms

Actually, Uke translates closer to 'catcher', as in 'pitcher and catcher' in baseball. Basically it's a slang term to refer to the partner who takes it in a gay relationship.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am meaning in the sense of how yaoi puts it. Hence the quotations. To elaborate even further, the stereotypes are repeated over and over again which created an endless circle of monotony. It isn't often that I find something which breaks this particular pattern.

In actual gei-comi, it is not really mentioned much and I rarely ever see it.

Fashionable Dabbler

scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms

I am meaning in the sense of how yaoi puts it. Hence the quotations.

Very true, it is mostly a slang term used to refer to the one on bottom amongst fans. And I don't really think they're 'fodder' in most stories unless you're talking a really dominant, almost abusive seme who's attentions are unwanted by the uke.

Winner

Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms

Very true, it is mostly a slang term used to refer to the one on bottom amongst fans. And I don't really think they're 'fodder' in most stories unless you're talking a really dominant, almost abusive seme who's attentions are unwanted by the uke.

Made an additional edit to the post, although it is not a large one.

To me, they seem fodder-y since they don't seem to reciprocate so well as far as yaoi stereotypes go. Not often do I find both the "seme" and "uke" do things as equals, yet instead the uke is seen as weaker and co-dependent. The few manga that I found where the pairings truly acted like they were equals, it was heart-warming. The "uke" being just as independent as the "seme", being just as bold can make for an outstanding outcome in a good plot.

The "uke" and "seme" go beyond who takes and gives in bed concerning yaoi anime/manga. It has become a personality dynamic, and the issues I have are the terrible dynamics.

Fashionable Dabbler

scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms

To me, they seem fodder-y since they don't seem to reciprocate so well as far as yaoi stereotypes go. Not often do I find both the "seme" and "uke" do things as equals, yet instead the uke is seen as weaker and co-dependent. The few manga that I found where the pairings truly acted like they were equals, it was heart-warming. The "uke" being just as independent as the "seme", being just as bold can make for an outstanding outcome in a good plot.

The "uke" and "seme" go beyond who takes and gives in bed concerning yaoi anime/manga. It has become a personality dynamic, and the issues I have are the terrible dynamics.

I see your point. Unfortunately, it's popular to have one take on the role of the 'female', which is an unfair stereotype for women as well.

Winner

Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms

I see your point. Unfortunately, it's popular to have one take on the role of the 'female', which is an unfair stereotype for women as well.

This reminds me now.

The two threads in the anime forum at the moment have "Most useless anime boy" and "Most useless* anime girl". It seemed easier to think of girls that didn't have as much use as males, but then people tend to forget that most "henchmen" for antagonists that were easily mowed down were male.

It's a sad thing, but I can see the use in some of the characters posted in the female thread. I think too little credit is given for female characters giving emotional support to others/having an ability that seems insignificant at first but becomes very useful later on.

I think some of the posters confused "annoying traits" with "uselessness" perhaps. A character can have an irritating personality to some but could still have some use.

*indicates my edit, I went retard and confused the words.

Fashionable Dabbler

scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms

This reminds me now.

The two threads in the anime forum at the moment have "Most useless anime boy" and "Most useless* anime girl". It seemed easier to think of girls that didn't have as much use as males, but then people tend to forget that most "henchmen" for antagonists that were easily mowed down were male.

It's a sad thing, but I can see the use in some of the characters posted in the female thread. I think too little credit is given for female characters giving emotional support to others/having an ability that seems insignificant at first but becomes very useful later on.

I think some of the posters confused "annoying traits" with "uselessness" perhaps. A character can have an irritating personality to some but could still have some use.

Are there any truly useless characters out there? I mean main or support characters, not misc. henchman B. I'm sure there are some, I just can't recall any atm.

Winner

Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms
Yukineko no Kurai
scattered blossoms

This reminds me now.

Are there any truly useless characters out there? I mean main or support characters, not misc. henchman B. I'm sure there are some, I just can't recall any atm.

Hmm... perhaps Tristian Taylor from Yu-Gi-Oh? In the remake anyway, I haven't watched enough of series 0 to deduce anything.

Not much of what he has done has made a major difference in the plot except for helping to save Mokuba during the Duelist Kingdom arc and that was only for one or two episodes out of approximately two hundred. After that, he given the role of Captain Obvious while being a part of the main cast. This is the closest example I could think of, really.

Most annoying in that show since I don't want to derail the the thread would perhaps be Weevil. That kid is both irritating and an a**.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff