Welcome to Gaia! ::

JimRobs's Husband

Fashionable Noob

o3o Soo...It's been a while since I last watched an anime,but my hunger is back.
Only thing is.... most of the animes I find end up being childish ones.
I'd really appreciate if you could recommend me an anime that is close to the <not-so-known> anime called CLAYMORE.
Thank you
~Zoomie

Fluffy Bear

22,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hmm...Seirei no Moribito? It's got a bodyguard chick traveling with a small boy and there's a bunch of drama. There's also some incredible fight sequences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKiPOkh0K8

JimRobs's Husband

Fashionable Noob

xDemonhornzx
Hmm...Seirei no Moribito? It's got a bodyguard chick traveling with a small boy and there's a bunch of drama. There's also some incredible fight sequences. ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKiPOkh0K8

o3o I'd like some fantasy included though.
ive never seen claymore but if you want a more 'serious' anime try darker than black

Fluffy Bear

22,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
zoomieh
xDemonhornzx
Hmm...Seirei no Moribito? It's got a bodyguard chick traveling with a small boy and there's a bunch of drama. There's also some incredible fight sequences. ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKiPOkh0K8

o3o I'd like some fantasy included though.

Oh, there certainly is. The prince has a water spirit inside of him that is interpreted as the signal for a great catastrophe, which is why he is being hunted down by his own father. There are many fantasy elements as well involving other worlds and...well, stuff.

JimRobs's Husband

Fashionable Noob

Ristcata
ive never seen claymore but if you want a more 'serious' anime try darker than black

o.o Oooh you should check Claymore <3 I adored that anime

Dangerous Dabbler

InuXBoku SS
It is currently my favorite.

I've heard that an anime named Shiki is very good. But I can not give it a recommendation because I have not watched it myself. I've planned on it. Just have to wait until I have time.
If you've seen and enjoyed claymore you should probably check out berserk. The anime is old and not that well adapted from the manga, but reading or watching will suit your needs. I see shiki and Moribito, and Raise you a Katanagatari. It starts off sort of like a standard dragonball Z type story, but the further it goes, the darker it becomes. Really an awesome show for those who want action, fantasy, and a darker tone.

If ou are ever in the mood for a straight horror story, Try Higurashi no naku Koro Ni, Or another. If you ever want to step out of the confines of fantasy, I could probably name anpther dozen series or so. This should get you started though.

JimRobs's Husband

Fashionable Noob

jj1027
If you've seen and enjoyed claymore you should probably check out berserk. The anime is old and not that well adapted from the manga, but reading or watching will suit your needs. I see shiki and Moribito, and Raise you a Katanagatari. It starts off sort of like a standard dragonball Z type story, but the further it goes, the darker it becomes. Really an awesome show for those who want action, fantasy, and a darker tone.

If ou are ever in the mood for a straight horror story, Try Higurashi no naku Koro Ni, Or another. If you ever want to step out of the confines of fantasy, I could probably name anpther dozen series or so. This should get you started though.

Too much muscles in Berserk.
I've tried higurashi already.
I could try SHiki, but I'm more into the old type of anime

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Kekkaishi?
Hmm something like claymore is hard to come by since it was highly unique. In your into sword play and bloodshed have a look at some if these titles.

Basilisk (Mature Audience only)

Blade of the immortal

Shuguri Death frenzy (Mature Audience Only)

Beserk

Samurai Deeper Kyo

or Kurozuka

Dapper Noob

8,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
I've heard of Claymore, never seen it though. So I'm going to go with what you said about childish-animes and assume that you don't want them, but I'll list them both any way.

Non-Childish animes:
- Princess Tutu
- Another
- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
- Rosario + Vampire
- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
- Mysterious Girlfriend X

Childish animes:
- Pokemon
- Spider Riders
- Bey Blade Metal
- Yugioh Zexal
- Kirby

JimRobs's Husband

Fashionable Noob

Xhinzo
Hmm something like claymore is hard to come by since it was highly unique. In your into sword play and bloodshed have a look at some if these titles.

Basilisk (Mature Audience only)

Blade of the immortal

Shuguri Death frenzy (Mature Audience Only)

Beserk

Samurai Deeper Kyo

or Kurozuka

Out of all these animes, Basilisk caught my attention o.o
I know claymore is about swords and bloodshed, and I liked a lot maybe because it is quite unique.
but I am not much into samurai animes x.x ... and the style the characters are made matters to me.
Thank you very much for your suggestions ;3 . Basilisk is now on my list!
I didn't know what genre you wanted so I'll just list some of the show I recently watched and liked whee

-Oda Nobuna no Yabou -- Comedy, Historical, Romance

-Mashiro Iro Symphony -- Drama, Romance

-Sword Art Online -- Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance, Sci-Fi, Tragedy

-Kokoro Connect -- Comedy, Romance, School Life, Slice of Life

-Campione! -- Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Harem, Romance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items