Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who is your #1 One True Pairing in Bleach?

RenRuki (Renji and Rukia) 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 1 ]
IchiRuki (Ichigo and Rukia) 0.4 40.0% [ 6 ]
IchiHime (Ichigo and Orihime) 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 4 ]
IshiHime (Ishida and Orihime) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
GinRan (Gin and Rangiku) 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 1 ]
HitsuHina (Toshiro and Momo) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
ByaSoi (Byakuya and Soi Fon) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
UraYoru (Urahara and Yoruchi) 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 1 ]
UkiUno (Ukitake and Unahara) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Other (Please share!) 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]
1 2 >

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
For all the Bleach fans out there, I have noticed that there isn't as huge of a RenRuki fanbase as other ships. Grant, it's been growing lately, but still how is it not the most obvious ship? I mean clearly Kubo has a thing for childhood romances, so I'm confused as to why it's usually only just a bunch of us 20 something year olds who get together and fangirl like we're 12 over the ship. I feel that the younger generations for the most part aren't as excited about the ship.

But ah well.

Any thoughts?

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I guess it is emotion_facepalm emotion_jawdrop

Conservative Genius

I've never thought as Rukia x Renji as "the most obvious ship". That title would be held by Rukia x Ichigo.
Nor have I seemed to notice Kubo's supposed "thing for childhood romances".

To me, Rukia x Renji is the same as Ichigo x Orihime: A one-sided infatuation with the first party.
Renji obviously likes/could be in love with Rukia just like Orihime is towards Ichigo but neither Ichigo nor Rukia respond to them in a way that would make a relationship between them seem plausible.

If I had to pick any 'ship' between the more popular ones, it'd be Rukia x Ichigo.
There is more chemistry between them than any of the other pairings involving the two of them.
And if you're curious as to why I keep listing Rukia first when speaking of the pairings it's because Rukia would obviously be the man in any relationship.

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Chemistry? Between Ichigo and Rukia?

Meh, I don't see it. All I ever see between the two is a beautiful sense of respect and admiration for the other. To me they seem more like brother and sister.

I will admit Renji and Orihime are defiantly the ones that have shown their love for Rukia and Ichigo, but I must disagree with you when you said that the others don't respond to Renji and Orihime.

Anytime Renji screams her name, or gets emotional, or declares to protect her she is surprised. To me, it looks like she's always surprised at how much he cares. I think Rukia had a lot of feelings for Renji back in the old days, but when he got all excited about her getting adopted she felt that he didnt care for her to stay in his life. Thus that 40 year friendship gap. But when Renji protects her against Aizen in the Rescue Arc, mentions to Ichigo to not worry about Rukia, and then in the recent arc freaks the f- out over whether or not she's ok after battle with Rirukia, I can see in Rukia a sense of hope that he still really cares for her.

Now Ichigo and Orihime are another story completely. Ichigo has multiple times given me hope that they'd get together. But jeez to go into that would take more time than I have right now. Haha.

Conservative Genius

DayhawK68
Chemistry? Between Ichigo and Rukia?

Meh, I don't see it. All I ever see between the two is a beautiful sense of respect and admiration for the other. To me they seem more like brother and sister.

I will admit Renji and Orihime are defiantly the ones that have shown their love for Rukia and Ichigo, but I must disagree with you when you said that the others don't respond to Renji and Orihime.

Anytime Renji screams her name, or gets emotional, or declares to protect her she is surprised. To me, it looks like she's always surprised at how much he cares. I think Rukia had a lot of feelings for Renji back in the old days, but when he got all excited about her getting adopted she felt that he didnt care for her to stay in his life. Thus that 40 year friendship gap. But when Renji protects her against Aizen in the Rescue Arc, mentions to Ichigo to not worry about Rukia, and then in the recent arc freaks the f- out over whether or not she's ok after battle with Rirukia, I can see in Rukia a sense of hope that he still really cares for her.

Now Ichigo and Orihime are another story completely. Ichigo has multiple times given me hope that they'd get together. But jeez to go into that would take more time than I have right now. Haha.

You have to be blind to not see the chemistry between them.
The way Ichigo treats Rukia is different from his actual sisters. Behavior, looks, attitude. All differ between Rukia and Yuzu/Karin. He honestly treats Orihime more like he does his sisters.

All that you've said about how Renji acts around Rukia honestly just further supports what I said. Renji is in love with Rukia but she doesn't respond that way to it. She's surprised when she sees how much he cares for her and that's it. She doesn't show any affection for him outside of "he's a friend." You don't see it but I do.
I could also see where people would think of Rukia and Ichigo as brother and sister but once other factors come into play, it gets less likely that that's their relationship and borders on destroying that ideal. And if it is? They are into some weird sort of incest.
effingaliveI do ship them, but not as much as I ship IchiHime.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I agree. There really aren't enough fans that are "obsessed" with the couple. But many, mainly IchiHime fans do ship it. It's kind of like the IshiHIme ship, Many, mainly IchiRuki fans ship it but their obsession of IchiRuki is more.

I definitely think there is a huge chance of RenRuki happening or at least will be hinted at the end.

4,525 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Ryasha K Akiyama

You have to be blind to not see the chemistry between them.

There is definitely chemistry, just not romantic.

Quote:
The way Ichigo treats Rukia is different from his actual sisters. Behavior, looks, attitude. All differ between Rukia and Yuzu/Karin. He honestly treats Orihime more like he does his sisters.

If this is your argument then I can say that Ichigo treats Rukia like many of the other girls in Bleach with some sort of violence or yelling. Ex: Tatsuki, Youroichi, Lisa, Hiyori, Rangiku and especially Rukia. They annoy him and fight with each other a lot.

From all of them, he treats Orihime the most different and she's not even his sister.

Quote:
All that you've said about how Renji acts around Rukia honestly just further supports what I said. Renji is in love with Rukia but she doesn't respond that way to it. She's surprised when she sees how much he cares for her and that's it. She doesn't show any affection for him outside of "he's a friend." You don't see it but I do.

I can see her replicate some sort of feelings back, but of course this is all in the point of view of each person. I'm not going to argue about that.

Quote:
I could also see where people would think of Rukia and Ichigo as brother and sister but once other factors come into play, it gets less likely that that's their relationship and borders on destroying that ideal. And if it is? They are into some weird sort of incest.

Again I can't see anything or seen anything so far that was even close to romantic yet. Though one scene I would admit is the one in the manga when she comes back, and takes Ichigo out of his slump, with her "man in my heart" speech...but after that she brings him to Orihime, where he vows to protect her, and Rukia leaves them two alone. Other than that, nothing.

Conservative Genius

Stolen^_^Kisses

There is definitely chemistry, just not romantic.

But you see chemistry between them right? Better than what the OP admits to.
I never said it was romantic. Implied it sure but that's all any of the "evidence" for any pairing in the series is 9 times out of 10. Implications.

Quote:
If this is your argument then I can say that Ichigo treats Rukia like many of the other girls in Bleach with some sort of violence or yelling. Ex: Tatsuki, Youroichi, Lisa, Hiyori, Rangiku and especially Rukia. They annoy him and fight with each other a lot.

From all of them, he treats Orihime the most different and she's not even his sister.

And the way he treats Orihime is like he does to his actual sisters. That's all I'm saying.
With Yoruichi and Rangiku it's because they tease him with their bodies because they know he gets flustered by it.
I don't recall very much interaction between him and Lisa and other than the early episodes/chapters, he doesn't really talk with Tatsuki too much anymore so you may be right there about how he treats them but I am not aware of it.
The only one off that list that he treats anything like he actually treats Rukia is Hiyori.

Quote:
I can see her replicate some sort of feelings back, but of course this is all in the point of view of each person. I'm not going to argue about that.

Since nothing has been outright confirmed/stated, it's all based on the point of view of the person. That's what the problem is with these 'shipping' topics. Different interpretations of the same scene leading to a lot of "I'm right. You're wrong."

Quote:
Again I can't see anything or seen anything so far that was even close to romantic yet. Though one scene I would admit is the one in the manga when she comes back, and takes Ichigo out of his slump, with her "man in my heart" speech...but after that she brings him to Orihime, where he vows to protect her, and Rukia leaves them two alone. Other than that, nothing.

Because she knows that Orihime likes Ichigo. Everyone but Ichigo knows that since he has typical male protagonist blindness. That's beside the point though.
Let's take another scene for example. When Ichigo lost his powers and Rukia was fading away. The look they shared was one I don't feel is one a "brother and sister" would have. It holds more of a "longing to be with you" vibe to me.
You can see it as brother/sister and I suppose I can see where you might interpret that from but.......I've never looked at my sister that way I know that's for sure.

Now before you get all "He's just another Rukia x Ichigo fan", I'm not. I prefer Ichigo x Tatsuki.
I can just see Rukia x Ichigo as the most likely conclusion than any of the other possibilities for any of them.

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I do just want to point out my Kubo loving childhood romances.

GinRan.

Kubo had a field day with these two. Something happens to Rangiku (rape? not sure but it seemed that way) and then Gin promises that she wouldn't have to cry anymore because he fixes it. Good heavens to betsy.

HitsuHina.

These two are not as official as GinRan but my goodness, more than any couple right now, they seem to be the one that are leading the way to becoming official. Toshiro clearly has feelings for Momo, and now that Aizen is out of her system I'm sure Momo feels the same way. We will just have to see.

RenRuki

Kubo has given these two intense develop time not to mention Rukia on Renji's chest time. With that kind of development clearly Kubo has plans. Grant, his plans could make Renji the ultimate tragic character, but I have some optimism. A lot of people doubt Rukia's feelings for him, but I don't. Since they were kids Rukia looked to him to be by her side. Even in the manga every time Renji and Rukia are in the same scene they are also in the same panel.

Also, when Gin was messing with Rukia about her freedom, he taunted her with Renji's life. If he could set her free she could save him. Gin didn't break her composure, it was not being able to save Renji.

Anyways ha ha that's my two cents on the childhood romance theory.

4,525 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Ryasha K Akiyama

But you see chemistry between them right? Better than what the OP admits to.
I never said it was romantic. Implied it sure but that's all any of the "evidence" for any pairing in the series is 9 times out of 10. Implications.

True.

Quote:
And the way he treats Orihime is like he does to his actual sisters. That's all I'm saying.
With Yoruichi and Rangiku it's because they tease him with their bodies because they know he gets flustered by it.
I don't recall very much interaction between him and Lisa and other than the early episodes/chapters, he doesn't really talk with Tatsuki too much anymore so you may be right there about how he treats them but I am not aware of it.
The only one off that list that he treats anything like he actually treats Rukia is Hiyori.

What I was trying to say was that Orihime isn't even his sister yet he treats her gently and kindly, and gives her more respect than all the other girls. Though this is one of the reasons I ship IchiHime and he also calls her by her last name as a form of respect, I understand he does that because of her personality, like many of the other guys do too.

Quote:
Since nothing has been outright confirmed/stated, it's all based on the point of view of the person. That's what the problem is with these 'shipping' topics. Different interpretations of the same scene leading to a lot of "I'm right. You're wrong."

I agree.

Quote:
Because she knows that Orihime likes Ichigo. Everyone but Ichigo knows that since he has typical male protagonist blindness. That's beside the point though.

LOL. Though I do wonder sometimes if Rukia is the kind of person who would stay away from Ichigo even IF she loved him, because she knows Orihime loves him.

Quote:
Let's take another scene for example. When Ichigo lost his powers and Rukia was fading away. The look they shared was one I don't feel is one a "brother and sister" would have. It holds more of a "longing to be with you" vibe to me.

That scene was very touching, even to me. They've both been through a lot together. She gave him the power to protect his family and others, and he risked his life to save her because she did that. Though at the end of the day it was all according to Aizen's plan. That scene I feel was ruined though when Kubo showed Ichigo and Uryu in chapter 486.

User Image

He looked at him the same way. And if you notice, Ichigo's reaction afterwards is the same, by putting his hand on the back of his head. If IchiRuki is cannon because of that scene, then so is IchiIshi. Just saying. LOL

Quote:
Now before you get all "He's just another Rukia x Ichigo fan", I'm not. I prefer Ichigo x Tatsuki.
I can just see Rukia x Ichigo as the most likely conclusion than any of the other possibilities for any of them.

I actually don't mind Tastuki and Ichigo, but you know Tatsuki might never ever especially knowing her best friend loves him.
One reason I can't see IchiRuki happen is that Ichigo's doesn't seem like the type to go live in Soul Socity and settle and fight side by side by Rukia, and Rukia doesn't seem to be the type to leave her brother and duties in Soul Society. They both could like date or whatever, but actually settling down, no. But that's just my opinion.

Conservative Genius

Stolen^_^Kisses
That scene was very touching, even to me. They've both been through a lot together. She gave him the power to protect his family and others, and he risked his life to save her because she did that. Though at the end of the day it was all according to Aizen's plan. That scene I feel was ruined though when Kubo showed Ichigo and Uryu in chapter 486.

He looked at him the same way. And if you notice, Ichigo's reaction afterwards is the same, by putting his hand on the back of his head. If IchiRuki is cannon because of that scene, then so is IchiIshi. Just saying. LOL

Not that look/moment. The one right after that, literally right before she faded away/as she is doing so. It's at the bottom of one of the last few pages of chapter 423, probably the page right after the ones from the picture you showed. Don't feel like actually looking to see which one. I just know it's at the end.

Quote:
I actually don't mind Tastuki and Ichigo, but you know Tatsuki might never ever especially knowing her best friend loves him.

I know that but I just prefer it.
I also have a preference for Kenpachi x Unohana, Kenpachi x Soi Fon (hate spelling it 'sui-feng'), and Byakuya x Yachiru.

Before you ask, there are technically reasons behind them. Pretty much just jokes/fanfiction stuff that I grew to like enough to say I like the idea of them together.
Ken x Uno - He hurts a lot of people and she heals a lot of people. They probably get a lot of interaction between one another and one thing could potentially lead to another and.....yeah.
Ken x Soi - See.....Soi Fon likes someone she can respect for their strength and who can tell her what to do without trying to take away Yoruichi from her. Kenpachi can do that.
Bya x Yachi - She's not actually a little girl. She just uses kido to make herself look like one because of her child like personality, similar to how Yoruichi turns herself into a cat. And since Byakuya just has a lot of sweets and pastries and stuff and she apparently just likes to be there for no reason, one thing leads to another and......

Quote:
One reason I can't see IchiRuki happen is that Ichigo's doesn't seem like the type to go live in Soul Socity and settle and fight side by side by Rukia, and Rukia doesn't seem to be the type to leave her brother and duties in Soul Society. They both could like date or whatever, but actually settling down, no. But that's just my opinion.

Isn't half the reason Ichigo is allowed to be a substitute is to train him, more or less, for the day that he does die and go to Soul Society. If that's the case, he wouldn't have much of a choice. Plus, I feel he'd be more like to do that now that he had that nearly 2 year timespan with no powers and everyone else had to do all the protecting. Makes me feel that since he knows they don't just outright NEED him like before, he'd be alright with going.
As for Rukia, I can't really agree nor disagree with your assessment. I can see her leaving SS for one reason or another and I can see her staying as well.

4,525 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Ryasha K Akiyama
Not that look/moment. The one right after that, literally right before she faded away/as she is doing so. It's at the bottom of one of the last few pages of chapter 423, probably the page right after the ones from the picture you showed. Don't feel like actually looking to see which one. I just know it's at the end.

Oh right, that one. Since they were seeing each other for probably the last time, I don't think they would glare or look at each other funny like they usually do. But that's just me trying to ruin the so called romantic moment. xd

Quote:
I know that but I just prefer it.
I also have a preference for Kenpachi x Unohana, Kenpachi x Soi Fon (hate spelling it 'sui-feng'), and Byakuya x Yachiru.

Before you ask, there are technically reasons behind them. Pretty much just jokes/fanfiction stuff that I grew to like enough to say I like the idea of them together.
Ken x Uno - He hurts a lot of people and she heals a lot of people. They probably get a lot of interaction between one another and one thing could potentially lead to another and.....yeah.
Ken x Soi - See.....Soi Fon likes someone she can respect for their strength and who can tell her what to do without trying to take away Yoruichi from her. Kenpachi can do that.
Bya x Yachi - She's not actually a little girl. She just uses kido to make herself look like one because of her child like personality, similar to how Yoruichi turns herself into a cat. And since Byakuya just has a lot of sweets and pastries and stuff and she apparently just likes to be there for no reason, one thing leads to another and......

Interesting, don't worry I have nothing against those. I agree with the Kenpachi x Unohana one, but with Byakuga, I like Matsumoto...now. Before obviously Gin, but since he's gone, I feel they both can find love with each other. They both lost people they loved, and their personalities balance each other out too. Though Byakuga doesn't seem like he'll ever love anybody again. But hey, that's what fanfiction is for!

Quote:
Isn't half the reason Ichigo is allowed to be a substitute is to train him, more or less, for the day that he does die and go to Soul Society. If that's the case, he wouldn't have much of a choice.

No of course, no doubt. But would he live dating Rukia his whole life and then die, and then get married to her when reaching Soul Society? Or would he be living his whole life single? or with Orihime?

Quote:
Plus, I feel he'd be more like to do that now that he had that nearly 2 year timespan with no powers and everyone else had to do all the protecting. Makes me feel that since he knows they don't just outright NEED him like before, he'd be alright with going.

But he still has his family, and he is the Substitute shinigami of Karakura Town. I don't think he'd leave his friends either just because they can fight now. Their epic foursome team scene in the start of the final arc showed how close they got. whee xp

Quote:
As for Rukia, I can't really agree nor disagree with your assessment. I can see her leaving SS for one reason or another and I can see her staying as well.

When he saved her in the SS arc, she chose to stay because that's where she belongs.

But about Isshin, people say IchiRuki is possible because Isshin a shinigami married a human and settled down, but honestly, I won't take that unless we get his backvstory and why it happened to end that way. Was his situation the same? That he loved Masaki, and left to be with her, or something else? And Kubo said in one of his interviews he'll give a backvstory of Isshin.

YOU BETTER KUBO!!!!! scream

4,525 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Sorry DayhawK68. This topic is suppose to be about RenRuki, and here we are discussing how IchiRuki is or is not possible, sweatdrop

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Stolen^_^Kisses
Sorry DayhawK68. This topic is suppose to be about RenRuki, and here we are discussing how IchiRuki is or is not possible, sweatdrop

Ha ha it's fine. 3nodding

Besides I'm a big IchiHime fan as well. It's not because I ship RenRuki like a mad woman either. If that poor, sweet, orphaned girl does not get Ichigo in the end I will be in such a state of misery lol. Personality wise, I think Ichigo and Orihime both share the same sense of silly air-head humor. Plus, I feel Orihime is most like Masaki in personality and overall demure. Rukia, despite her natural grace, has a bit of a uncouth streak as well and I feel that streak, in the end, would not do well with Ichigo's ego. Grant, her kick buttness made him stop being a whiny doob, but at the same time if he ever whined near Orihime, she would tell him the same thing only in a more gentler manner that all us IchiHime fangirls would cry over.

It's why I think Kubo is saving a moment like that for us emotion_awesome

Anyhow, Rukia's uncouthness is also why I think her and Renji make the perfect pair. She has someone she can fight with and still know that he would love her. Also, she wouldn't have to give the whiny speech to Renji, which I'm sure is a relief to her, because Renji either goes on rages or becomes a recluse until he gets an invite to her ceremonies (GAH WHY DID THAT EP HAVE TO BE FILLER!!!!! emotion_donotwant )

And as far as Byakuya is concerned, I ship him with Soi-fon pretty freakin hard. They both have identical personalities and would make adorable babies. Not only that but if there was anyone I could see Byakuya really opening up about stuff it would be to Soi Fon who shares his strong duty to the law and justice. Also, I feel that if there was anyone besides Yoruchi Soi Fon would get along with it'd be Byakuya.

And after Gin I ship Rangiku so hard with Hisagi. Dear heavens they would be adorable.

And I ship Ukitake with Unohana, though KenUno is pretty cute. The thing is though, I only see Yachiru as the only girl in Ken-chan's affections. In a father/daughter sort of way.

Ya know, we might as well unofficially consider this a Bleach shipping thread. lol I blame the poll.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff