Welcome to Gaia! ::

I complete animes quickly. So I need some suggestions. I love romance, and comedy but I hate horror. If you could do a definition of the anime, that'll be great! Hope this isn't too much to ask. sweatdrop

Questionable Conversationalist

School Rumble would be perfect for you. It's light hearted and cute and really really funny. Funimation has both seasons up for streaming on the site as well, and the dub is actually quite good.

I don't really know of many other rom coms, though I hear Toradora is cute, and then there's the oldie like Ouran High School Host Club (I recommend the subbed version for proper entertainment). If you want something sort of lewd but horridly funny, Shin-Chan never fails to please. Chi's Sweet Home is a really cute simple sort of show. Skip Beat is a really, really cute show with a strong and funny female protagonist and it can get somewhat romantic.
Milady Alluca
School Rumble would be perfect for you. It's light hearted and cute and really really funny. Funimation has both seasons up for streaming on the site as well, and the dub is actually quite good.

I don't really know of many other rom coms, though I hear Toradora is cute, and then there's the oldie like Ouran High School Host Club (I recommend the subbed version for proper entertainment). If you want something sort of lewd but horridly funny, Shin-Chan never fails to please. Chi's Sweet Home is a really cute simple sort of show. Skip Beat is a really, really cute show with a strong and funny female protagonist and it can get somewhat romantic.

Thanks! I actually watched some of the shows already, but I haven't watched Shin-Chan, Chi's Sweet Home, and Skip Beat yet. I'll be sure to check those out! biggrin
i would suggest for light romance and comedy:

1. hatenkou yuugi
2. hakushaku to yousei
3. card captor sakura
4. karin the chibi vampire

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Midori Days
Shuffle
Strawberry 100%
Baka Test

They all have romance and comedy in it. Shuffle gets more a little drama towards the end.
itazura na kiss

its one of those animes that make you feel so fuzzy inside at times. its funny and a romance

it was made in the 90's i think but its REALLY good!

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Skip Beat!

Demonic Kitten

Try Baka and Test. It's also one of the funniest anime you'll ever watch.
Right now I'm watching Zetman. Other than that, I'm really waiting for PES to come out because it looks really awesome and I'm a huge Studio 4C fan. Here, check it out: http://goo.gl/mGuFZ

Dapper Noob

8,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Princess Tutu - A duck that becomes a girl and Princess Tutu to get the heart shards of her prince back.
Shugo Chara - A girl that get eggs that hold a gardien character of who she wants to be. (Their is romance involved).
Rosario + Vampire - A human boy ends up going to a monster only school, where a lot of girl monsters fall in love with him. (ecchi)
Mysterious Girlfriend X - A boy who falls in love with the new girl in his class after he tastes her drool.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya -Romance is kept at minimum, but for the most part it is a comedy. It's about a Highschool student who possesses an omnipotent power that can change the natural world accordingly to her personal preferences. She seeks to befriend supernatural beings, or any sort of being that is out of the ordinary.

Toradora! -The genre is a balanced hybrid of romance and comedy. It's basically about a girl who asks a boy to generally help her in life.

K-ON! - A straight-up comedy, at least to me. It's about an all-girl band with an adept potential, yet they frequently procrastinate in a reckless manner.

Clannad - Primarily a romance drama, but will contain comedy from time-to-time. Another one of those simple school romance animes where the male protagonist assists the girl he's interested in, (Like Toradora, but not as humorous).

Lucky Star - Primarily a comedy. About 4 girls attending a highschool. Not much else to say, at least from my perspective.

School Days - A romance with a slight bit of comedy. About a girl who hooks up her new seatmate to a girl he likes. However, the, "cupid" falls in love with her target. There is conflict throughout the entire anime.
(Although, I strongly discourage watching this, so do so at your own risk. It's not that it's a bad anime, but you may not like how it turns out.)

Wealthy Prophet

Sgt frog is one of the funniest anime that i have ever watched. It also has a bit of romance mixed in
Thanks for all the anime suggestions! Please keep adding because I could use them for future reference!
Gale The Whirlwind
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya -Romance is kept at minimum, but for the most part it is a comedy. It's about a Highschool student who possesses an omnipotent power that can change the natural world accordingly to her personal preferences. She seeks to befriend supernatural beings, or any sort of being that is out of the ordinary.

Toradora! -The genre is a balanced hybrid of romance and comedy. It's basically about a girl who asks a boy to generally help her in life.

K-ON! - A straight-up comedy, at least to me. It's about an all-girl band with an adept potential, yet they frequently procrastinate in a reckless manner.

Clannad - Primarily a romance drama, but will contain comedy from time-to-time. Another one of those simple school romance animes where the male protagonist assists the girl he's interested in, (Like Toradora, but not as humorous).

Lucky Star - Primarily a comedy. About 4 girls attending a highschool. Not much else to say, at least from my perspective.

School Days - A romance with a slight bit of comedy. About a girl who hooks up her new seatmate to a girl he likes. However, the, "cupid" falls in love with her target. There is conflict throughout the entire anime.
(Although, I strongly discourage watching this, so do so at your own risk. It's not that it's a bad anime, but you may not like how it turns out.)

I agree on the School Days. I watched some parts of it a long time ago, and I'm still scarred. emotion_facepalm
Clannad
Lovely Complex
B Gata H kei
True Tears
Hiro-Iro Symphony:Love is Pure white
Onegai Sensai
Onegai twins
Freezing

There's a lot more that I've seen that I would recommend, but cannot remember them at the moment. All are romance, most have comedy. Freezing includes lots of Echi and violence. Was still pretty....cute. Clannad and True tears my top recommendations. Clannad because it was the anime that got me into romantic comedy animes in the first place. It will make you laugh, a lot. And at times, it might make you cry. True Tears because I am currently watching it, and it's very...I like it a lot. Meh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff