Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bunny

So, alright. I just finished the second season and I seriously feel like I missed something.

Uhhmm wtf? Did I miss something by watching the anime, instead of reading the manga?
Will someone please let me know if they're as much in the dark as I am?
yeah i know wat you mean >_<

but i watched it when funimation played on TV still, but after the second season, they played this mini season of like 4 episodes or something of what happened in between season 1 and 2....at first i was like 'wtf is this?' but once its the last episode of that, suddenly EVERYTHING makes sense and i was like hooollyy craaap

i don't know what it would be called though sorry sweatdrop

Friendly Bunny

Ristcata
yeah i know wat you mean >_<

but i watched it when funimation played on TV still, but after the second season, they played this mini season of like 4 episodes or something of what happened in between season 1 and 2....at first i was like 'wtf is this?' but once its the last episode of that, suddenly EVERYTHING makes sense and i was like hooollyy craaap

i don't know what it would be called though sorry sweatdrop

Probably the OVA... I'll have to see if I can find that somewhere! I was able to get the first season on netflix, and the second season on hulu so it was easy watching but... if the OVA puts it together I'll definitely get on that!

Familiar Browser

4,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Felt the same way, but I mean like the anime was really good so it didn't really bug me, but now that you mention it, the story could have used more explanation.

Shirtless Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
~

Its an excellent show, the Manga does somewhat explain it some more and i understand where your comming from because it did get a bit confusing. But They're are many characters that are not shown in the anime. The first manga series is only In japanese, and you can view it online. But the original Character creator made Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana Which is available in english but it's really hard to find unless you get the Omnibus of all the volumes. At this point im assuming its more like a think what you want to think happened with hei and yin, and yeah. I think the twist with Suou was a nice touch.

~

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
you didn't miss anything by not reading the manga. the anime came first with this series and the first DtB manga is completely AU for the anime (not to mention it's a different demographic, the anime is seinen, the first manga is shojo). the second manga is seinen and was worked on by several people responsible for the anime, it can either be read as an alternate sequel for the first season or something that happened in between the first season and the OVAs that cover events that happened in between the two seasons.

also, it's the SECOND manga, Shikkoku no Hana/Jet Black Flower, which isn't available in English. it's the first manga was released in omnibus form by Yen Press.
Kazie-chan
So, alright. I just finished the second season and I seriously feel like I missed something.

Uhhmm wtf? Did I miss something by watching the anime, instead of reading the manga?
Will someone please let me know if they're as much in the dark as I am?

well i just recently started watching it so I guess I cant really say anything but when I finish it ill let you know if i feel the same.

Revered Hobo

35,375 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Married 100
I just finished it myself and I had to go on a google hunt to find answers. Didn't really get much. Sou is either dead and like, in heaven, or somehow they made a totally different universe for her and she's living there with no memories of her old life besides the nagging feeling like she's missing someone. And is Yin alive? And is that thing in the coffin Yin or Izanami or what? I'm not so sure what happened but I feel sad. Probably because it's over XD

Dedicated Loiterer

missyrocksurlife
I just finished it myself and I had to go on a google hunt to find answers. Didn't really get much. Sou is either dead and like, in heaven, or somehow they made a totally different universe for her and she's living there with no memories of her old life besides the nagging feeling like she's missing someone. And is Yin alive? And is that thing in the coffin Yin or Izanami or what? I'm not so sure what happened but I feel sad. Probably because it's over XD

Super-necro. My bad.

I just recently finished watching this (yesterday, actually), and had the same questions as quite a few people here. As with others, I found very few answers whilst googling. But I have a few theories of my own, and I quoted this post, because it asks a lot of the questions I feel like may have answers that people just haven't thought about.

Firstly, with Suo and the new world. It is implied by Orielle that the "moon" that appeared is the second Earth, created by Shion. On this Earth, Suo is alive and a human, as is July. Suo is also with her mother and father on this new Earth, with all new memories and interactions. It can be assumed that Hei, Yin, Misaki, and every other character we see in S2 is also on this alternate Earth.

Now. Is Yin dead or alive, and who is the boy that appears at the end of S2? Everyone always pigeon holes Hei's power into "electricity". Hei's ability is molecular manipulation, which he manifests into electricity. "He is capable of special particle luminance, meaning he is able to change molecules similar to how humans are changed into contractors." We see him do this is S1 when he deactivates the Saturn Ring (I believe that's what the cannon is called). So, here is my speculation:

Hei didn't kill Yin. He manipulated the molecules of Izanami and Yin to separate the two, thus returning Yin to Hei (as evidenced by him walking away with Yin in his arms). The boy in the coffin at the end of S2 is Izanami. He resembles Yin because Yin was the host body of Izanami, so he adopts a physical form very similar to that of Yin.

With that in mind, it could be a happy ending for all the HeiXYin fans. I personally think it's fantastic that the two could possibly have been reunited. It could, however, be bittersweet, seeing as Izanami still exists (since Hei didn't kill Yin, and therefore smother out Izanami), and mean that there is a looming demise in the near or distant future. It has been a few years, but I am still holding out for a third season.

Revered Hobo

35,375 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Married 100
Golad

Oh dang, you really thought this out! lol

What you say makes sense of the ending so thanks!

I definitely want another season, but I fear that another season might just be stretching out the story line, unless they make up an awesome story with it.

Dedicated Loiterer

missyrocksurlife
Golad

I definitely want another season, but I fear that another season might just be stretching out the story line, unless they make up an awesome story with it.

Yeah. I agree, sadly.

I've never really appreciated the idea of fighting the "all-powerful being", because if it's beaten, then it was never really "all-powerful".

Revered Hobo

35,375 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Married 100
Golad
missyrocksurlife
Golad

Yeah. I agree, sadly.

I've never really appreciated the idea of fighting the "all-powerful being", because if it's beaten, then it was never really "all-powerful".

Agreed. It is also so very cliché. How many times have we seen plot lines like this? Too many times. I want something original if they do another season, but not something so original that it is a totally different anime from the other seasons.

Blessed Gaian

••• Happy Autumn!

I loved this anime, but never got to season two. One day I hope to see it, but my husband said season two it wasn't as good as the first season. Is that true?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shameless Codger

Bunnikou
    ••• Happy Autumn!

I loved this anime, but never got to season two. One day I hope to see it, but my husband said season two it wasn't as good as the first season. Is that true?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's true.

Season 2 is pretty terrible compared to season 1. Not to mention it's ending is a kick in the arse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff