Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aoreena's Compadre

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
*Warning: Spoilers ahead! If you are watching this series on Toonami or elsewhere and have missed an episode or two along the way be careful of what you read!*

Ok, so, Casshern Sins. I am stuck between liking this show and wanting to throw a brick at my tv every time Casshern goes on about how he wants to die every episode.

Don't get me wrong, there is action in this show and I do like most of the characters, but it seems dialogue heavy and the action scenes so far have either been Casshern beating robots or another robot beating on Casshern. Plus, every episode I have seen so far basically says the same thing. Someone talks about how he caused the ruin and that they are surprised he doesn't remember anything about who he is or what he's done. After that Casshern tends to ask them who he is and they respond with how he needs to die to stop the ruin. To which Casshern always retorts with, "Kill me!" And then he can't be killed. >> He is sad and confused about it and then talks about how he wants to know more about who he is and then the episode usually ends....UUG. I wouldn't mind it if this was only in one or two episodes, but like I said...so far it has been this way for a good few shows now and I am getting kinda tired of it.

Has anyone seen this whole show? If so, is it worth staying with? I am tempted to walk out on it but I am afraid if I do I'll miss the episode that changes everything. xD I've only seen 6 episodes so I am hoping this is either a really short series or that something will pick up soon.

All in all though, if nothing else I can say without a doubt the animation for Casshern Sins is BEAUTIFUL. *O* Oh man is it lovely. But oh darn the show itself is starting to bore me. D': And I want to like it so much! Egads, what to do, what to do.

It looks great, but story wise and dialog wise it's s**t.

Aoreena's Compadre

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Bigg Baybee Jeezus
It looks great, but story wise and dialog wise it's s**t.

That is pretty much how I feel about it right now too. The art is gorgeous and the voice acting is good too, but yea the dialogue and story seem really slow. D:

Dapper Gekko

10,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
To me it's one of those slow, building up stories. I'm watching it right now and isn't too bad. I like it alot : O, just hang in there for the story and stuff is all I can tell you.

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I am on the fence as to weather or not I like this show, on the one hand the animation is beautiful, but on the other it takes until about episode 14 or 15 for things to start picking up. I guess what is going to make or brake the show for me is going to be the last few episodes, but some times that is just the way it is with a story like this.

Ruthless Rogue

I find the story decent. It really takes off in the last few episodes.

Aged Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
I saw the first episode and I was not interested in watching the rest.
It felt empty and slow. I wanted to give it a chance for the sake of it, but I haven't gotten the gall to.
I know some people who have seen it and they say it isn't really a good series overall.
But then again, me and my friends have no patience when it comes to anime.
If it takes too long to actually pick up or for the story to intrigue us, we just give it up.

Aoreena's Compadre

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Nijiiro Disuko Uta
I saw the first episode and I was not interested in watching the rest.
It felt empty and slow. I wanted to give it a chance for the sake of it, but I haven't gotten the gall to.
I know some people who have seen it and they say it isn't really a good series overall.
But then again, me and my friends have no patience when it comes to anime.
If it takes too long to actually pick up or for the story to intrigue us, we just give it up.

I know how you feel--I have very little patience with slow paced animes. For me, if there is a story to tell it shouldn't take you 5 episodes to get to the plot.
After starting this thread I will say that I did keep up with Casshern Sins and it FINALLY started to get interesting within the last 2 or 3 episodes. I am happy it is at last going somewhere, but it still frustrates me overall because there are so many filler episodes in the beginning they could have removed easily to help save the pacing.

In short, I like it ok right now, but it is nowhere near my favorite anime, that is for certain. :3
The story is pretty good, you do find out what happened with the ruin, and yeah it all wraps up pretty well. The getting their is slow.
Kind of slow but still a good watch.

Sweetest Shapeshifter

9,500 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The story is slow to building, you do find out what happens in the Ruin. I watched the whole story. I would watch it again. With Casshern wanting to die it's a common theme with the immortals those who cannot die only wish for what they cannot have. Over all I love watching it.
no, it is terrible. stay very far away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces