Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thirteenth Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Captain KarTer
I dislike the new Prince of Tennis, but I really love the old manga. I never believed I would enjoy a manga about tennis so much, but there you have it. It has such a great cast, you can find someone to love in pretty much every team.

That said, Eiji is still my favorite. <3

New Prince of Tennis... well the only upside to that is the fact that it makes Echizen look like a moron.

And of course Dragonball-style tennis training. Aside from that, it's pretty cringeworthy. Getting to the end of it I thought "wait, not only have you skipped half of the plot.... you're ending it THERE?!" -outrage-

The old part of the manga was definitely better. This new stuff has lost me, I've lost all track of all these new characters and I think I lost the will to live around the time Atobe developed X-ray vision (I refuse to call it by it's real name, since it really has gotten to this level of ridiculousness).

That and I miss St. Rudolph a lot right now. I know they're focusing more on the general favourites but I'm being starved of minor characters that keep my interest x.x

Gambino Gekko

6,500 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Flatterer 200
x- I N U I -x
Captain KarTer
I dislike the new Prince of Tennis, but I really love the old manga. I never believed I would enjoy a manga about tennis so much, but there you have it. It has such a great cast, you can find someone to love in pretty much every team.

That said, Eiji is still my favorite. <3

New Prince of Tennis... well the only upside to that is the fact that it makes Echizen look like a moron.

And of course Dragonball-style tennis training. Aside from that, it's pretty cringeworthy. Getting to the end of it I thought "wait, not only have you skipped half of the plot.... you're ending it THERE?!" -outrage-

The old part of the manga was definitely better. This new stuff has lost me, I've lost all track of all these new characters and I think I lost the will to live around the time Atobe developed X-ray vision (I refuse to call it by it's real name, since it really has gotten to this level of ridiculousness).

That and I miss St. Rudolph a lot right now. I know they're focusing more on the general favourites but I'm being starved of minor characters that keep my interest x.x

Yeah, I feel ya! I actually had no idea it ended, I quit after four chapters or so because the new characters were boring and there wasn't enough focus on the old ones I liked.

I know the pain of St. Rudolph fans. As a huge Fudomine fan, I get it just as bad, if not worst. Most people don't even know the names of half the Fudo kids, it's disheartening. Uchimura and Mori and Sakurai deserve love too. sad

Thirteenth Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Captain KarTer

I know the pain of St. Rudolph fans. As a huge Fudomine fan, I get it just as bad, if not worst. Most people don't even know the names of half the Fudo kids, it's disheartening. Uchimura and Mori and Sakurai deserve love too. sad

FFFFFUUUUUUUU--- -flails-

I know all the Fudomine kids.If I didn't have some bizzare affection for SeiRu, I'd probably like Fudomine. I also get the pain of remembering other characters such as Kuki from Kakinoki, A bunch of them from Ginka (Fukushi, Doumoto, Suzuki, Tashiro), Gyokurin. @.@ I'd probably like Midoriyama but they're all a bunch of prisses and I haven't wanted to smack anyone as much as when I first met Echizen.

And of course the Seigaku rejects. <3 (Arai, Suzuki, Hayashi, Ikeda)

Out of curiosity and thinking of Yamabuki, do you remember Shiratama-san?
x- I N U I -x

Ah yes. There is that. I'll admit that Inui Juice played a vital role in keeping me entertained (After the initial Kaidoh cuteness wore off.)

Inui needs more screen time in New PoT. x.x

I haven't really seen the anime of New PoT so I can't say much (I've only been following the manga) but I do agree. As a matter of fact, the only thing I remember of Inui was when he fought some highschoolers on a rough tennis court and data his way to victory-sort of.

I think the new series jumps around wayyy too much. What is even happening??

Chapters take a long time to come out so it might be just that >.>

Thirteenth Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Acacity
x- I N U I -x

Ah yes. There is that. I'll admit that Inui Juice played a vital role in keeping me entertained (After the initial Kaidoh cuteness wore off.)

Inui needs more screen time in New PoT. x.x

I haven't really seen the anime of New PoT so I can't say much (I've only been following the manga) but I do agree. As a matter of fact, the only thing I remember of Inui was when he fought some highschoolers on a rough tennis court and data his way to victory-sort of.

I think the new series jumps around wayyy too much. What is even happening??

Chapters take a long time to come out so it might be just that >.>

Yes. Apparantly the animators still think New Prince of Tennis is centred on Echizen. As you'll be well aware, Echizen has been almost MIA in the manga as of late.... so that makes the anime kind of icky.

Ah Inui on that court... they lost but Yanagi and Inui pretty much took on all of the reject highschoolers on a rough court, were winning but Mifune was like "b***h please. I make the rules, you sleep in cave tonight!" but that was it.... I was so looking forward to the bathroom scene.

Not only do the chapters take ages, they're currently covering almost no ground in terms of progress. How long have we been on this Atobe-Niou vs Thoseguys-one-of-which-was-the-former-Hyoutei-Buchou match? It seems like forever.

I weep at lack of SeiRu and such. Hell... I'd even take Yamabuki becuase I KNOW Minami is around somewhere...

5,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100

Cutie-Pie

Ah man. I didn't think anyone was interested in Prince of Tennis still.

I love it and Shin Prince of Tennis. (Tenimyu is also great!)

Shitenhouji is my favorite team and Oshitari Kenya my favorite character. Special Mission (Ina Bauer episode) is my favorite thing ever.

Dapper Genius

4,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gosh and I thought nobody knew about TeniPuri.
I kinda stopped watching it since the new episodes still aren't all out yet, and whenever I watch anime I like to spam watch it (if you know what I mean). I haven't checked it yet so I don't know which episode it's on right now. I should probably check back soon.

Thirteenth Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
ilovemanga8
Gosh and I thought nobody knew about TeniPuri.
I kinda stopped watching it since the new episodes still aren't all out yet, and whenever I watch anime I like to spam watch it (if you know what I mean). I haven't checked it yet so I don't know which episode it's on right now. I should probably check back soon.

Ah people DO know... It's just a case of it not being that popular because the dub sucks so bad, it can't be compared to the original.

As far as ShinPoT is concerned... they've finished the first "season" albeit crappily. (Honestly, you thought the original was gay? It ain't got NOTHING on the opening of the new series 8D ), not to mention that the anime still thinks it's all about Echizen. If you're following the manga, you'll know this is not the case. Be in for some disappointment, but there are perks. Like the animation is gorgeous.... and well. Ina Bauer. XD

Though it stopped in a stupid place and I'm waiting on news for when they're going to air the next set of episodes. Probably a good 6 or 12 months down the line D=

Thirteenth Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Seigakus
Ah man. I didn't think anyone was interested in Prince of Tennis still.

I love it and Shin Prince of Tennis. (Tenimyu is also great!)

Shitenhouji is my favorite team and Oshitari Kenya my favorite character. Special Mission (Ina Bauer episode) is my favorite thing ever.

I got into it kind of late. Well I tried previously... but I hate Echizen and the first episode was like being dipped in a vat of acid. I completely forgot about it until I was stir-crazy being mostly house-bound with a broken foot. I got through so much anime in that time it was unbelieveable. It also helped that I was THAT BORED... that I managed to get through the first 3 episodes and found characters that I could tolerate.

I've been hooked since. X3 ShinPoT was a little disappointing... anime wise. TeniMyu is the best thing ever if you want to feel high without taking drugs. XD.

I don't mind Shitenhouji. I did that test in one of the fanbooks and I match up well to them. The Ina Bauer episode was freakin' awesome. I kind of like Tanishi-kun in a weird way ... and those three together is like... random but genious? XD

Cutie-Pie

x- I N U I -x
I got into it kind of late. Well I tried previously... but I hate Echizen and the first episode was like being dipped in a vat of acid. I completely forgot about it until I was stir-crazy being mostly house-bound with a broken foot. I got through so much anime in that time it was unbelieveable. It also helped that I was THAT BORED... that I managed to get through the first 3 episodes and found characters that I could tolerate.

I've been hooked since. X3 ShinPoT was a little disappointing... anime wise. TeniMyu is the best thing ever if you want to feel high without taking drugs. XD.

I don't mind Shitenhouji. I did that test in one of the fanbooks and I match up well to them. The Ina Bauer episode was freakin' awesome. I kind of like Tanishi-kun in a weird way ... and those three together is like... random but genious? XD

I've been into Prince of Tennis for 6 years. Ryoma is like my third favorite character so I really had no problem with the anime, other than it was too short.

I love Tenimyu, especially Dream Live 6 and 7.

Shitenhouji is a great team. Ina bauer is my tumblr username lol.

Thirteenth Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Seigakus

I've been into Prince of Tennis for 6 years. Ryoma is like my third favorite character so I really had no problem with the anime, other than it was too short.

I love Tenimyu, especially Dream Live 6 and 7.

Shitenhouji is a great team. Ina bauer is my tumblr username lol.

-shudder- well I think it's been nearly 3 years since I got into it. Ech. Echizen.

You know, I hate Tezuka's face and Fuji makes me want to stab things. I wonder how the heck I lasted through the first part of the series. I'm such a softie for minor characters though.

St. Rudolph is my favourite team on the whole. Okay granted the only character I could do without being there is Atsushi, but he likes Yanagisawa enough to put up with him so that's okay. Call me weird as well, but I kind of like Sasabe. And Kuki... and do you ever remember Shiratama-san? @.@

Tenimyu is just win. Though I liked the earlier casts because they made it FUN. Though the second season Threw me into fits because they had ALL of Fudomine and Hyoutei had Taki (Yes. I spent three hours screeching every time Taki came on screen. Also the guy can sing really well @.@ )

Lol. Ina Bauer is fun to say. I still think they should have let Tanishi try it. He's more agile than Kenya at any rate XD

Cutie-Pie

x- I N U I -x

-shudder- well I think it's been nearly 3 years since I got into it. Ech. Echizen.

You know, I hate Tezuka's face and Fuji makes me want to stab things. I wonder how the heck I lasted through the first part of the series. I'm such a softie for minor characters though.

St. Rudolph is my favourite team on the whole. Okay granted the only character I could do without being there is Atsushi, but he likes Yanagisawa enough to put up with him so that's okay. Call me weird as well, but I kind of like Sasabe. And Kuki... and do you ever remember Shiratama-san? @.@

Tenimyu is just win. Though I liked the earlier casts because they made it FUN. Though the second season Threw me into fits because they had ALL of Fudomine and Hyoutei had Taki (Yes. I spent three hours screeching every time Taki came on screen. Also the guy can sing really well @.@ )

Lol. Ina Bauer is fun to say. I still think they should have let Tanishi try it. He's more agile than Kenya at any rate XD

Kenya was a minor character until about the second half of the series and then Shin Prince of Tennis. He's out done by Shiraishi. Poor Zaizen hasn't even been shown playing in a tennis match. So yeah, I know how you feel.

I'm not too big on St. Rudolph. I like Yuuta and Mizuki but the others.. I could care less about lol. I know their names and stuff but I never cared for them.

The earlier casts were good, but most of them were in their 30's. Now they hire 15 year olds to play the characters. Most of the time the old cast makes an appearance. I like it when they critique the new actors. The Treasure Match is my favorite. (I love Shiten A and Shiten B)

Lol. It'd be funny, but I think Kenya and Ryoma did that job well.

Thirteenth Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Seigakus
x- I N U I -x

Kenya was a minor character until about the second half of the series and then Shin Prince of Tennis. He's out done by Shiraishi. Poor Zaizen hasn't even been shown playing in a tennis match. So yeah, I know how you feel.

I'm not too big on St. Rudolph. I like Yuuta and Mizuki but the others.. I could care less about lol. I know their names and stuff but I never cared for them.

The earlier casts were good, but most of them were in their 30's. Now they hire 15 year olds to play the characters. Most of the time the old cast makes an appearance. I like it when they critique the new actors. The Treasure Match is my favorite. (I love Shiten A and Shiten B)

Lol. It'd be funny, but I think Kenya and Ryoma did that job well.

Oh I know. I only remember Kenya when he starts speaking like Yuushi. And then I'm like "Hey, It's the Oshitari I don't hate the guts of!" I don't really get why Shiraishi is popular. He's just a giant goof as far as I'm concerned. (That actually goes for most of Shitenhouji, Zaizen and Gin-san aside).

Everyone should like Yuuta. He's generally a nice boy aside from the brother complex .___. Mizuki is a bit of a b***h but that's why I like him (I so want to see a match between him and Inui.) I like SeiRu. It all fell into place when Kaneda verbally ripped Akazawa to pieces. X3.

I know. It's too bad though.... I mean the dancing and stuff in the new Myu's is good but I just don't see as much humour as the older casts brought to it. I nearly died when the first cast came back in Dream live 7. Then I kind of went "Oh s**t that crappy Yanagi is going to be there as well." That was so nostalgic. Everyone had improved except for him and then I was like "Oh yay ~ Nostalgia. Now get off stage and let the rest sing and dance PROPERLY" My apologies, I just found both Endo and Yanagi kind of like watching robots. They'd both stand there and sing, spaced out like a deer in headlights. If only they could act a bit like they did behind the scenes.

3,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Quote:
As a huge Fudomine fan, I get it just as bad, if not worst. Most people don't even know the names of half the Fudo kids, it's disheartening. Uchimura and Mori and Sakurai deserve love too. sad

I absolutely LOVE Fudomine!
That being said, Tachibana is my favorite character. X3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas