Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Not even gold and silver can

How can no one have mentioned Excel Saga. It's probably the best dub I have ever seen. In general, I don't really like dubs that much- but with Excel Saga and Flcl I actually prefer the dub.

break the two of us...
sailortrance

How can no one have mentioned Excel Saga. It's probably the best dub I have ever seen. In general, I don't really like dubs that much- but with Excel Saga and Flcl I actually prefer the dub.

break the two of us...

um not to be a doucebag or anything, but its not the best dub, its funny but i would never place it with the best animes that has been dubbed.

if you ask me some of the best animes that has been dubbed are Cowboy Bebop (the CB movie is what made me watch anime in the first place), Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto and a few more, and then we have the movies, the only anime movies (and movies only, and not a movie of a series) i can remember watching is Wolf Brigade, Akira and Blood: The Last Vampire, if you havent seen Akira i really recomend you seeing it, its a amazing movie!

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Psytex
sailortrance

break the two of us...

um not to be a doucebag or anything, but its not the best dub, its funny but i would never place it with the best animes that has been dubbed.

if you ask me some of the best animes that has been dubbed are Cowboy Bebop (the CB movie is what made me watch anime in the first place), Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto and a few more, and then we have the movies, the only anime movies (and movies only, and not a movie of a series) i can remember watching is Wolf Brigade, Akira and Blood: The Last Vampire, if you havent seen Akira i really recomend you seeing it, its a amazing movie!

So my opinion and yours don't line up- that's no big deal, and certainly doesn't make you a douche bag. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. For the most part, I even agree with your picks ( Aside from Naruto- the voice of Bobby Hill shouting "believe it" is too much for me) But also, I think that we're coming at this from different angles as well. I prefer subs in general, and so when I rate the dub, it's in comparison with the subbed version, and so my view might be somewhat skewed as a result.

break the two of us...

This should be under Diamond and Pearl.
sailortrance
Psytex
sailortrance

break the two of us...

So my opinion and yours don't line up- that's no big deal, and certainly doesn't make you a douche bag. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. For the most part, I even agree with your picks ( Aside from Naruto- the voice of Bobby Hill shouting "believe it" is too much for me) But also, I think that we're coming at this from different angles as well. I prefer subs in general, and so when I rate the dub, it's in comparison with the subbed version, and so my view might be somewhat skewed as a result.

break the two of us...

This should be under Diamond and Pearl.

well to be honest, i was very disapointed with some of the japanese voices in naruto, but i think naruto's voice can be pretty annoying in both english dub and without dub, but i think both voices fits him perfectly.
i ended up losing patients waiting for new dubbed episodes of naruto shippuden so i ended up watching all the non dubbed ones i hadnt seen, and so far im prety pleased with the voices (exept for the ones i think are better in english dub)

Desirable Hunter

10,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Survivor 150
no one mentions Pokemon . . . . crying

Friendly Raider

Hmmm I can probably think of a few after all the ones that were listed.

I enjoyed the dubbed versions of:

GunxSword
Speed Grapher
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Tsubasa:Reservoir Chronicles
XXXholic
Bamboo Blade
Vision of Escaflowne
X/1999

Friendly Seeker

8,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
maiden_of_thy_earth

I agree. This was the only decent English dub 4kids ever had to be honest...

Anyways back on topic, I'll have to say that Mahoromatics had a pretty good English dub imo. xp
Oh and Full Metal Panic also had a great dub as well!
Ninja Ryu11
maiden_of_thy_earth

Anyways back on topic, I'll have to say that Mahoromatics had a pretty good English dub imo. xp

well since 3-4 people think im asking for good dubs i want to mention thats not what im looking for, im looking for good animes WITH english dub, i dont care if the voices arent top notch, im looking for good series with english dub.
maiden_of_thy_earth

well its a good kids show, but i dont like pokemon at all, i remember i loved it as a kid, but now its just cheesy and i get bored watching it, to be honest i think the first Digimon series and the first Beyblade series is much better, Digimon is a bit too much of a kids show, but i dont have any problem watching it, but the first Beyblade series is prety watchable for any age in my oppinion, atleast if you grew up with it.
Why havent anyone mentioned redline, i just found a "Top 50 Anime Series of All Time" list and Redline was one of the top ones, man ive only watched 15 minuttes of redline and ive already fell in love with this series/movie, its completly insane and i love the style of the animes!! O.O

Friendly Seeker

8,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Psytex
Ninja Ryu11
maiden_of_thy_earth

well since 3-4 people think im asking for good dubs i want to mention thats not what im looking for, im looking for good animes WITH english dub, i dont care if the voices arent top notch, im looking for good series with english dub.

Well, they are pretty good anime series with a English dub too. So it should work out I think confused

9,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
MAR
Prince of Tennis
Sword X Gun
Zatch Bell
Bobobo-bo-bobobo

Gallant Knight

13,150 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Final Fantasy games, period.... ohhh!!! the're not anime series. sad
Leirus Non-Mercy
Final Fantasy games, period.... ohhh!!! the're not anime series. sad

in other words; you are being off topic.
and i hate the final fantasy series, its way too overrated!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff