Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,125 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
i think that the people who made anime should have a another season to it like fruit basket and D.N Angel. xp razz rofl pirate

Sparkly Star

With Fruits Basket, both the mangaka and the director of the anime have stated they don't want to redo or make another series of it. The mangaka herself even went so far as to say she didn't like the anime, if I remember correctly. If you want more, just read the manga.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Manga cannnot keep up with the production of an anime (it's one mangaka versus a whole team of artists). Once the anime catches up with the manga, they tend to either drag it out beyond what it was intended for, or fabricate some unrelated ending or in another case, just leave it hanging. That usually leaves a sour taste in my mouth, hence why I don't normally watch animes that do that anymore.

So I would specifically say no to a FB and DNAngel sequels.
However I will say yes to a Betrayal Knows My Name sequel (if or when the time is right).
I think Case Closed needs a sixth season. The original Jap has FIFTEEN seasons.... fair? lol
I think NOT! XD But that's just me ;P

4,125 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Ashimakase
Manga cannnot keep up with the production of an anime (it's one mangaka versus a whole team of artists). Once the anime catches up with the manga, they tend to either drag it out beyond what it was intended for, or fabricate some unrelated ending or in another case, just leave it hanging. That usually leaves a sour taste in my mouth, hence why I don't normally watch animes that do that anymore.

So I would specifically say no to a FB and DNAngel sequels.
However I will say yes to a Betrayal Knows My Name sequel (if or when the time is right).
well i think that they should have a other season to fruit basket cuz i had read the manga that if they want to add a season two to it

4,125 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
iSuomi
With Fruits Basket, both the mangaka and the director of the anime have stated they don't want to redo or make another series of it. The mangaka herself even went so far as to say she didn't like the anime, if I remember correctly. If you want more, just read the manga.
i had read the manga all ready and i just want them to add a second season to it through

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
hotmary6000
iSuomi
i had read the manga all ready and i just want them to add a second season to it through
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.the issue with making a second season to the anime is on multiple levels. they only had about 7 or 8 volumes worth of material to work with when they made the anime (which was intended to air while the manga was on hiatus while the mangaka recovered from wrist surgery) so they made a lot of assumptions that would later prove to not work with the full story in the manga (they assumed Akito really was a guy, for example, and that the bit about the cap was nothing big just to name two examples). it's safe to assume that in anime canon Akito actually IS a guy so a second season based on the manga wouldn't really work and the cap thing turns out to be a major plot point later so leaving that out makes it hard, if not impossible, to work it in later in a natural manner. also, it got rather poor ratings in Japan (anime isn't anywhere near as popular as manga in Japan, not since the anime boom ended in Japan around 1990). while there are cases of new seasons being made when an anime is popular outside of Japan even if it wasn't popular inside Japan (like with Big O, which still didn't get its final season anyway even if it did get a second) that is FAR from common and is the exception rather than the rule.

Sparkly Star

hotmary6000
iSuomi

That's never going to happen though; shoujo manga don't get as many anime as shounen series, and since Fruits Basket -the manga- ended quite a long time ago both in Japan and English-speaking countries (as well as, presumably, other countries), and considering the anime itself didn't do too well in Japan, it's highly unlikely that a second season will ever be made.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff