Welcome to Gaia! ::

What did ya'll think? I thought it was a suitable ending. I teared up a bit.

6,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
MoTrance

I felt there was a definite lack of conclusion. You don't know whether this was part of the plan all along, or if 9 just said ******** it. You don't know what happens to the characters, and you have no idea if the bomb went off. I mean they weren't very descript in the nature of the bomb so far as how it would act being blown up in the air as opposed to a ground detonation, nor do they ever say how powerful the bomb is in terms of kilo/megatons. I really loved the series in the beginning, but I didn't much care for the latter half although that one cop was a pretty outstanding character.
das Jager
MoTrance

I felt there was a definite lack of conclusion. You don't know whether this was part of the plan all along, or if 9 just said ******** it. You don't know what happens to the characters, and you have no idea if the bomb went off. I mean they weren't very descript in the nature of the bomb so far as how it would act being blown up in the air as opposed to a ground detonation, nor do they ever say how powerful the bomb is in terms of kilo/megatons. I really loved the series in the beginning, but I didn't much care for the latter half although that one cop was a pretty outstanding character.
Uhh...did you watch the episode that came out today? thats the last one, episode 11

6,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
MoTrance
das Jager
MoTrance

Uhh...did you watch the episode that came out today? thats the last one, episode 11

Excuse me while I commit seppuku to regain my honor...
das Jager
MoTrance
das Jager
MoTrance

Lmao, it's okay, I was confused like "what, they did wrap it all up", get to watching (:

6,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
MoTrance
das Jager
MoTrance
das Jager
MoTrance

Lmao, it's okay, I was confused like "what, they did wrap it all up", get to watching (:

HOLY s**t! That was chilling to the bone man. I didn't cry because I'm too emotionally numb, but if I could I would. They wrapped everything up pretty amazingly well. When 12... I totally didn't see that coming. I mean there was so much that indication about 12 x Lisa, but damn... Then 9 reached his limit. Sphinx was perfect in its execution of strategy though, and it ended just as darkly as it began. I think this was the hardest episode to stream I've ever watched though. Zankyou no Terror was always like that though. I'm really going to have to buy the set when it comes out and rewatch it.

-Yasha Alchemist's Husbando

Hopeless Trash

Still wiping off tears, here.

Goddamnit.
I should know better than to get emotionally invested in characters.. this always happens to me..

Distinct Gaian

I'm confused as to what relevance Iceland has.

Is that meant to clear up the biggest mystery in Zankyou no Terror? That being why do the Americans sound so weird. Because they're in fact not American but Icelandic? lol
Le Yung Preflop-kun

Is that meant to clear up the biggest mystery in Zankyou no Terror? That being why do the Americans sound so weird. Because they're in fact not American but Icelandic? lol
Yeah I didn't quite understand all that as well

Dangerous Seeker

Le Yung Preflop-kun

I'm pretty sure this is not the answer you're looking for, but if it helps, Zankyou no Terror is set in a post-WWII era in which Japan struggles to regain its honor through various conflicts (such as creating atomic bombs). Iceland was neutral during WWII, which, I suppose, may symbolize Sphinx's desire of peace, especially since they were directly affected by these conflicts.

As for the Americans... well, I suppose they just didn't want to take any chances with the potentially harmful Japanese, which may explain the ending. They were pretty much under Five's command for a significant portion of the show (or at least, Five had a lot of say in what happened), and all we really know about her intentions is that she just really, really wanted to beat Nine, and she poured everything she could into doing so. And that's probably why the Americans were acting so strangely.

The anime was tragically beautiful, but I think I could do with a few explanations as well . n .

Trash

MoTrance
Le Yung Preflop-kun

Yeah I didn't quite understand all that as well

i think it's just a side thing. not plot important necessarily until you realize that "von" means hope. it's true, they could've chosen any language for this purpose, but i'm guessing watanabe must be a sigur ros fan.

about sigur ros: they're a well-known icelandic band that uses a made-up language called "vonlenska" which translates to "hopelandic". so, basically, i think it's implied that nine is a fan of sigur ros.

with that said, they have an album titled "von" and on top of that, there's a track on the album with the same name. the track "von" is the 9th song on the album.

Trash

anyway. my feelings towards this anime cannot be described.
    still reeling in feels days after i marathoned it.

what i really like is that zankyou no terror doesn't necessarily hold your hand through the plot. in fact a lot of things are implied, never explicitly stated, and it's only when you start to think about it does the significance of certain things start to emerge. it's definitely an anime you could spend a long time analyzing.

why couldnt nine five and twelve all get along

rest in peathe nine, five my sweet babys

Distinct Gaian

Okaeiri
Le Yung Preflop-kun

I'm pretty sure this is not the answer you're looking for, but if it helps, Zankyou no Terror is set in a post-WWII era in which Japan struggles to regain its honor through various conflicts (such as creating atomic bombs). Iceland was neutral during WWII, which, I suppose, may symbolize Sphinx's desire of peace, especially since they were directly affected by these conflicts.

As for the Americans... well, I suppose they just didn't want to take any chances with the potentially harmful Japanese, which may explain the ending. They were pretty much under Five's command for a significant portion of the show (or at least, Five had a lot of say in what happened), and all we really know about her intentions is that she just really, really wanted to beat Nine, and she poured everything she could into doing so. And that's probably why the Americans were acting so strangely.

The anime was tragically beautiful, but I think I could do with a few explanations as well . n .
My friend thinks they sound so ridiculous just becuase their voice actors didn't speak english lol

One last thing that bugs me is why, when nine has the capability to destroy a nuclear reactor with him they decide to shoot twelve in the chest no less and then just leave. They had two copters! They could have killed them both eliminating the chance of him detonating it, instead they took a huge, weird risk of only killing twelve. Makes no sense

Dangerous Seeker

Le Yung Preflop-kun
Okaeiri
Le Yung Preflop-kun

My friend thinks they sound so ridiculous just becuase their voice actors didn't speak english lol

One last thing that bugs me is why, when nine has the capability to destroy a nuclear reactor with him they decide to shoot twelve in the chest no less and then just leave. They had two copters! They could have killed them both eliminating the chance of him detonating it, instead they took a huge, weird risk of only killing twelve. Makes no sense

I agree. I feel as if the best alternative was for the Americans was to either shoot both at the same time, or at least to eliminate Nine first. However, I'd realized from reading another person's perspective that perhaps the animators were trying to make everything symbolic: Twelve died by a gunshot right into his heart, which is ironic, since he was the "heart" of Sphinx (i.e. he had taken care of Lisa while Nine didn't... really?), while Nine's death was caused by some sort of headache, which was probably due to experiments back when he was a part of the Athena Plan, which is, in a way, ironic since he was the "brain" of Sphinx's operations. And I suppose this was somehow the best way to illustrate that.

Also, the Americans really were strange in this series. I, too, wonder what they were thinking when they did that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff