Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Need gold?

Always 1 100.0% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 38 ]

Snuggly Witch

I recently started watching Yowapeda. I don't know if I came in expecting too much or if this just genuinely isn't my thing, but I'm on episode 30 or so and it's yet to grab me. I just am having the hardest time caring about it! I really want to like it, it's really popular at my local conventions and my friends who tend to like all the same anime as me are really into it. Am I missing some big hook?
If you like Yowapeda, could you please tell me why? No judgments or arguments from me, I just wanna know what I'm missing.

Supreme Demigod

14,275 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Pajama-chan
I recently started watching Yowapeda. I don't know if I came in expecting too much or if this just genuinely isn't my thing, but I'm on episode 30 or so and it's yet to grab me. I just am having the hardest time caring about it! I really want to like it, it's really popular at my local conventions and my friends who tend to like all the same anime as me are really into it. Am I missing some big hook?
If you like Yowapeda, could you please tell me why? No judgments or arguments from me, I just wanna know what I'm missing.

Well, at first I didn't expect so much from this anime either (meh, they're probably just gonna show the characters biking and all) but after watching the whole episodes I'm starting to like all of the characters. I used to dislike non-Sohoku members since they're the rivals, but after getting to know most of their back story, I'm starting to understand why they behaved like that.
And also I like how they keep facing different obstacles on each episode and still managed to overcome it (cliche, I know, but it's still better than filler episodes). Sometimes they use unpredictable methods to solve the problems and I think that's one of many things I like about it.
I forgot how long it took for me to actually consider it one of my favorite anime, but I think you should just finish the whole first season (episode 39) and then decide if you still wanna watch it or not. Who knows, maybe by that time you already have enough reasons to like this anime. smile
A bycicle theme I see..

Kawaii Shounen

the art is weird but hey I got hooked up too.
all I want to say is, midousuji and arakita needs to chill the ******** out.
actually, todou needs to chill too, the fangirl is too real
im in second season episode 3

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

I only watched the OVA since I don't really watch shows (and it was plenty adorable) - normally I just look on Youtube for clips to get an idea of the characters' voices. I'm kind of like Onoda with my friends when manga comes up, haha. The bike animation quality is superb, but it is dragged out like many other shonen manga-to-anime series.

Even though the manga is much like every other sports team manga I've read, I did enjoy it quite a bit! The characters are very archetypal, but the manga has a style that pulls you in and traps you in the pounding hearts and thrills of the bike race. I would never willingly watch real sports unless I knew someone playing, but well-written sports manga can draw you in and intrigue you like that.

One thing I have to say though, the musical actors do a fabulous job of acting the characters:

User Image User Image
Midosuji

User Image User Image
Eyelashes guy that names his pecs

And yes, they just pedal around holding handlebars.

Also, one of the cuuuutest situations of dad anime-fandom came of it (the author really did his research, apparently!): emotion_kirakira
User Image

^ "photoshop some silly emoticons" always slays me _(:3 」∠)_
User Image

Kawaii Shounen

Exrael
User Image

I only watched the OVA since I don't really watch shows (and it was plenty adorable) - normally I just look on Youtube for clips to get an idea of the characters' voices. I'm kind of like Onoda with my friends when manga comes up, haha. The bike animation quality is superb, but it is dragged out like many other shonen manga-to-anime series.

Even though the manga is much like every other sports team manga I've read, I did enjoy it quite a bit! The characters are very archetypal, but the manga has a style that pulls you in and traps you in the pounding hearts and thrills of the bike race. I would never willingly watch real sports unless I knew someone playing, but well-written sports manga can draw you in and intrigue you like that.

One thing I have to say though, the musical actors do a fabulous job of acting the characters:

User Image User Image
Midosuji

User Image User Image

Also, one of the cuuuutest situations of dad anime-fandom came of it (the author really did his research, apparently!): emotion_kirakira
User Image

User Image

where can I watch the musical?
Im never fond of them but since Im watching yowapeda I might as well.
and holy ******** that midosuji looks so identical!

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
bittersweet music
Exrael
User Image

User Image User Image
Midosuji

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I actually never watched it, just saw some GIFs on tumblr, but I did find some links through Googling!

Subbed Third Yowamushi Pedal Stage Play
[******** raw files (mega folder)
LOOL Onoda looks pretty old!

It seems that there's no streaming link, but you can download it. C:

User Image

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I understand completely. I just started it as well. And while I feel like it is a great series I do not know if I will be able to fall in love with it. I am only on ep 2 but ill see how it goes.

Snuggly Witch

I just got to season 2 and I'm still kinda eh on it. I think the only character I like is crazy eyes guy. If he had been more in the first season, maybe I would have been more into it.

Sparkly Bloodsucker

Hey guys.~ heart

I literally decided to watch it on a whim.
Now I absolutely love it.
I watch new episodes as soon as they come out.
User Image

I love everyone on the Sohoku team.
And I'm starting to love other characters too. ;w;
But most of all, I love Onoda.
Since he's a total anime nerd like me.
It's nice to see him prove everyone wrong.
I'm always cheering him on.
User Image

Also, I love the opening and ending songs.
They're so good.~
User Image

The art has never bothered me.
I mean, I've seen worse out there.
But so far, I'm enjoying how things are going.
User Image

Kawaii Shounen

Exrael
bittersweet music
Exrael
User Image

User Image User Image
Midosuji

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I actually never watched it, just saw some GIFs on tumblr, but I did find some links through Googling!

Subbed Third Yowamushi Pedal Stage Play
[******** raw files (mega folder)
LOOL Onoda looks pretty old!

It seems that there's no streaming link, but you can download it. C:

User Image

OOOooh ok thank you so much! 4laugh
i had a big ywpd phase back in the spring because a bunch of my friends were into it and said i should give it a try and we basically all kept eachother into it, but once it ended, we all kinda stopped caring

most people that are still into yowapeda have a specific thing keeping them hooked (their friend group all being into it/coming up with ongoing jokes for it usually)

my friends and i all tried grande road, but i couldn't do it bc the art always bugged me and that one nasty redhead dude from hiroshima. a couple of my friends are watching season 2 as it airs, but the rest of us moved on.

the series isn't really anything special and you need people to help you enjoy it from what i've noticed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff