Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you noticed this?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 8, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 >

It seems to me that you never know whether male characters are going to be voiced by women or men. I was somewhat surprised that Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed was voiced by a guy o.o And yet Tohma Seguchi from Gravitation was voiced by Ai Orikasa...and Sai Saici (or something along the lines of that? Sorry if I got it wrong) was portrayed by a man. I was also _surprised_ to find out Shuichi had a male voice actor. Has anyone else noticed this?
I have noticed it, but most of the women who do male characters are good voice actors, so I don't mind it.
Eek
I have noticed it, but most of the women who do male characters are good voice actors, so I don't mind it.

I agree whole-heartedly biggrin But don't you mean voice actresses? blaugh
I think the funniest example of this is...

Shinji's Japanese dub voice is a woman, but sounds like a teenage boy... Yet his English voice is done by a man and tends to border what sounds like a pre-teen girl sometimes... 3nodding
Memora
Eek

I agree whole-heartedly biggrin But don't you mean voice actresses? blaugh

No, that isn't standard anymore. You can say "actors" for both genders and be understood now, or "female actors" or "actresses". It doesn't really matter.
MatsuoEVA

Shinji's Japanese dub voice is a woman, but sounds like a teenage boy... Yet his English voice is done by a man and tends to border what sounds like a pre-teen girl sometimes... 3nodding

yes, ive notised this too...strange.
MatsuoEVA

specking of dubed voices, i hate how in the american dubing 4 inuyasha they say stuff like "dude' and "i'm out of here". in 1 of the episodes, a character said "guinipig". WHY WOULD THEY SAY GUINIPIG IN A PLACE LIKE THAT!!!??? scream
MatsuoEVA

Yep 3nodding Kenshin(RK), Syaoran(CCS), Yukito(CCS) have women voices too sweatdrop I think Megumi Hayashibara has done many men voices...
MatsuoEVA

Spike Spencer doesn't sound that bad. smile His voice can get up to those ear-splitting decibles. I liked him as Akito Tenkawa, better.
Sakurita_DC
MatsuoEVA

Yep 3nodding Kenshin(RK), Syaoran(CCS), Yukito(CCS) have women voices too sweatdrop I think Megumi Hayashibara has done many men voices...

Hayashibara-san's voice is wonderful 3nodding She's a great singer as well. Kenshin has a female seiyuu? I didn't know that sweatdrop
dosent bother me
I just want to clarify this...I don't mind male characters having female seiyuu, but I never know who's going to be voiced by who.
A lot of characters are voiced by girls.. Especially bishies. heart I'm not really phased by it at all.. Just because they're voiced by girls doesn't change my opinion of the character at all. I mean, it's kind of like when I found out about Bart Simpson.. He has a female doing his voice too. And he's still an old, awesome cartoon character. wink
actually, most of the time if the male is under thirteen he is usually voiced by a woman, like tsukasa from .hack//Sign and Nakahito form Steel Angel Kurumi... but if they're older, they'll most likely be men voice actors
I have noticed a little bit but I generally don't mind it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces