Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want to look like her! (OR any other fictional character)

HECK YES! 0.15217391304348 15.2% [ 14 ]
No, I'm happy with myself 0.3695652173913 37.0% [ 34 ]
No, although I am not happy with my looks 0.14130434782609 14.1% [ 13 ]
GOOOLD!! ^_^ 0.33695652173913 33.7% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 92 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Man-Hungry Hunter

Hey Guys! Kbaby here! 3nodding

So I like anime & manga, most of them have really great story lines (like currently I'm watching Rin, & it's so twisted it's good!! 4laugh )
But, it is sad to see some people believe they have to change their body drastically to get attention or to increase their self-esteem. The brain is a powerful organ, it can make us believe just about anything...but the trick is, we actually have the power to dispute our own irrational thoughts & beliefs. Most of us don't or do not know how to...(hint: that's why there is counseling wink )

I believe this girl is sadly mistaken in the idea of beauty. I think there are a lot of people who are unsatisfied with their bodies & go through many surgeries to change it, but as the article says, she wants MORE surgery to thin down her waist line. So wouldn't you think after several surgeries of changing/chopping/slicing different parts of your body you'd be happy? But what about when you go back for more? What does that mean? Is it possible that there is more that what you see & that it's actually in your thoughts that is making you believe you're not good enough? I'll get off my soap box now, but check out this article. I think it's sad she believed she had to go this far to be "happy" with herself...

Any other thoughts? Comments?

Man-Hungry Hunter

Oh & I will say that yes, I think she is a talented make-up artist. However, maybe her skill could be applied elsewhere...but, who am I to say how one should live...

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» That's creepy. Not slightly creepy, it's very creepy. She only looks good at one angle, why would anyone want to do that to themselves? An anime character is not something to model yourself after.

" I did everything you asked! "

Man-Hungry Hunter

Aperture Sentry Turret
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» That's creepy. Not slightly creepy, it's very creepy. She only looks good at one angle, why would anyone want to do that to themselves? An anime character is not something to model yourself after.

" I did everything you asked! "

I know right?! It's sad that she believes she looks beautiful. I mean, does she plan to live the rest of her like like that??!? What is she going to do, just be "that famous chick who looks like an anime character who has her 15mins of fame while everyone laughs at her & some other idiots follow in her footsteps??" Not much to be proud of in my opinion.

Man-Hungry Hunter

She looks REALLY creepy in this picture...

What I see: a uber skinny girl with too much makeup on (literally painted face)

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

This girl is actually pretty old news.
This whole "look like a doll" thing is pretty stupid overall.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

There used to be a ton of content online of this girl, who'd dress up like an anime character. Now it all seems to be gone, though.

Dapper Ladykiller

That's not being obsessed with anime, that's called having issues.

Man-Hungry Hunter

unless its a farm
This girl is actually pretty old news.
This whole "look like a doll" thing is pretty stupid overall.

Yeah, I agree it is not something that should be considered cool. & it may be old news, but it's new to me lol

Man-Hungry Hunter

sinfully_cute
That's not being obsessed with anime, that's called having issues.

Uh yeah...i'd say she has some major issues...it's pretty sad.

Lonely Regular

13,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image
"To the one I love..

Dat eyes.

..prepare to die."
User Image

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
kbaby0921
She looks REALLY creepy in this picture...

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/CZWOIGdtDFHi392xvxEqrw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQ4MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/401/2012/10/02/barbie-480-jpg_195328.jpg

What I see: a uber skinny girl with too much makeup on (literally painted face)

Her eyes look misplaced on her face, making her look cross-eyed. She looks so unnatural next to her friend, it's gross. I don't know why she thinks that's "beautiful."
good thing I'm not obsessed... xp

Dangerous Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
The whole 'human doll' thing creeps me out in general. I don't find it pretty, I find it unnatural and creepy.

That's not to say that I don't find lolita DRESSES and certain anime inspired clothing cute, but body alteration to look like an anime character almost always ends up looking terrible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff