18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
LilithDraco
Kirenisia
LilithDraco
Kirenisia
I like it to an extent for example I enjoyed Gravitation and I enjoy some Yuri manga tittles as well. However I do not care for anime like Sakura Trick.

Looked up Sakura Trick. It sounds good. What's wrong with it?
it's boring, it's main plot substance is girls making out every episode , cute characters and possible mild *****.. it's basically girls exploring passed the innocence barrier and learning about " touching desires" and there is no development really until the very end and it's a very small and I mean SMALL development. . Now mind you there's no nudity or extreme scenes its just making out.

if I wanted to watch girls make out I'd just go look up hentai

That's not so good then. Aren't quite a few of the yuri like that though? At least most of them are in highschool though.
unfortunately but occasionally VERY RARE a good one shows up now and again. =)

Vicious Bunny

11,700 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Yaoi is my guilty pleasure... *blush* 07-ghost and Love Stage! are some of my favorites.

Desirable Sex Symbol

Sakura Trick on Crunchyroll is really cute. It's a yuri anime but nothing graphic of course. Finding decent yaoi is rare these days especially in anime form. Im tired of hearing about Junjou Romanitica and Sekaiichi Hatukoi. I'm so over it, there is way too much sexual tension and you just end up with blue balls after watching it. Love Stage was good and cute but did not satisfy the yaoi craving.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
This thread might benefit from seeing this poll that was on mangaupdates:

Quote:
Question: Yaoi or yuri?

Choices:
I'm female and I prefer yuri - votes: 787 (4.9%)
I'm female and I prefer yaoi - votes: 4683 (29.4%)
I'm female and I prefer neither - votes: 1690 (10.6%)
I'm female and I like both equally - votes: 1066 (6.7%)
I'm male and I prefer yuri - votes: 3726 (23.4%)
I'm male and I prefer yaoi - votes: 480 (3%)
I'm male and I prefer neither - votes: 3012 (18.9%)
I'm male and I like both equally - votes: 476 (3%)
There were 15920 total votes.

The poll ended: February 7th 2015
Yaoi has an amazing plot, while Yuri has great pictures. ;P

Distinct Reveler

7,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Do enjoy both as long as there is some humour and story mixed in with the stimulation, Whilst I find good story hard to find in both genre's. Recipe no Oujisma was pretty good and is one of the best Yaoi Ive read.

Other than that usually gentlemen's special interest fan published literature tides me over quite well.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I've watched a few Yuri anime that I enjoyed. Kashimashi: Girl meets Girl and Destiny of the Shrine Maiden.

I'm also keeping up with an incredibly weird one called Yuri Kuma Arashi.

This show is so bizarre that I can't stop watching it.

Hygienic Conversationalist

6,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • First step to fame 200
I'm making a list here. xD

I recently got into yuri, don't know really why. I watched Sakura Trick and it wasn't bad, a lot of making out, no plot to speak of, but the characters are cute and likeable, and it's rather funny at times. xD

I picked up the Girlfriends manga and flipped through at the bookstore out of curiosity, but didn't buy it or read it. I should do that sometime when I take a trip to the store again.

High-functioning Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Yaoi and Yuri for me. But whatever goes, it's more fun that way.
I remember when I was getting into yuri and stuff reading a manga called Strawberry Shake Sweet! man, that was hella cute.

Then there's the yaoiest of all the yaois, Dramatical Murder, which recently got a short anime and a couple OVAs if I'm right. The anime is pretty SFW and man that the quality is amazing. 'cept for episode 3, shenanigans on the animation place. Now, the OVAs are quite NSFW but I haven't really watched them, just seen pics.

And now that I talked about DmmD I'd like to talk about a game that is also some kind of a Visual Novel, called Monster Girl Quest. It is... amazing. 18+ content of course, and some vore but you can deactivate both with the settings. History rich, comical, dark. Everything needed to make people a fan of it. Not precisely yaoi or yuri but... it was part of my life for a while and it still is.
Lady Meiku Noire
Yaoi is my guilty pleasure... *blush* 07-ghost and Love Stage! are some of my favorites.

I bought both these anime's recently

Friendly Gaian

11,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
to tell you the truth I like both. My old best friend (don't talk to her anymore) got me into yaoi and then I somehow got myself into yuri.

Shaggy Misfit

14,815 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
I'm a fan of adorable love stories.
Yaoi and Yuri are always full of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash