Welcome to Gaia! ::

iDemonheart's Husbando

i SCREECHED TO THE HEAVENS WHEN I FIRST HEARD THERE WAS
A SECOND SEASON COMING IN JAN...and it was like nov.

It's kind sad that its branded as a hit-and-miss.
I can't not find anything hella interesting about it. For ******** sake, they used a real city
getting everything down to the detail of a pipe and a vast variety of characters with
some interesting feats to each and every one of them.

...however, I felt it ended well in the last season, and I wasn't expecting a second coming.
I'm legit curious about how all this will unveil. I mean I saw a commercial and there's a new
kid in there, but goddamn, I'm just so curious about what the hell the plot twists
and suspension will bring this time around. I can't wait for the 10th

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Season 2 after so many years!! whee I'm looking forward to it... no idea when it's out though. redface I'm following too many things atm

Friend

MrTripStack
Durarara!! is definitely hit-or-miss for most people. The people that like it seem to really love it and the people that don't seem to just not care for it. It's actually #3 in my personal Top 10, so it's safe to say that I loved it. I'm in love with almost every character. I'm happy about getting more DRRR!! and I'm obviously going to watch it, but I'm not very excited about it.

I'm trying to keep my expectations as low as possible - it is being animated by a new studio, after all, so I have some concerns.

it's probably in my top 5, so i'm also one of those who really loves it, and complains/whines when someone doesn't. "HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE BEAUTY OF THIS SHOW?" i remember episode 24, that ending with the three kids in three panels and it was just
emotion_kirakira emotion_drool

i rewatched the series to prepare for season 2, so i'm kinda hyped! didn't know it was animated by a new studio though o: does the new staff have bad rep? good rep?

Friend

Clover_IceQueen
Agreed. It's hard for me to dislike a series, but I just found all of the characters boring. The only one who wasn't boring was the one I absolutely f**king hate because he's a manipulative @$$.

izaya, right? xD izaya is pretty bomb though like i did get conflicted feels about him but in the end the good feels won out. he's great in this twisted way, and i've come to accept that.

Friend

Watervoir
I'm excited for it to start. emotion_kirakira

I hadn't dug deep enough into the details to know before running into this thread that it's split into three cours, 30+ episodes. (Heck, I didn't even know about the word cours before now.) But this just adds to the excitement. whee I wonder if this would mean it covers three more books?

HELLO FRIEND emotion_kirakira

glad to have taught you something new! i have no idea how many volumes/arcs it'll cover, but i'll take 30/40 eps of ikebukuro madness anyday, whether it's 1 or 10 arcs. just throw em at me.

Friend

dream voyager

I HAD TO MUFFLE MY UH SOUNDS WITH A PILLOW BECAUSE, YOU KNOW, DON'T DISTURB THE NEIGHBORS OR WHATEVER. AND I FOUND OUT THROUGH TWITTER AND MY TL WAS GOING CRAZY IT WAS SO
GREAT

well, it is based off a light novel and since the ln isn't complete yet, i was expecting (hoping, praying for 5 goddamn years) a new season sometime relatively soon. hopefully the new characters will be every bit as interesting as the old! we'll get to meet izaya's twin sisters. which has appeared in episode 25 actually, the special ova/episode thing.

about drrr being a hit and miss - i haven't figured out why drrr doesn't appeal to some people as much as it appeals to others. people have told me it was normal/average but like ??? why? and if it the problem lies with characterization, i loved the characters ;v ;

Friend

BOMB4Y
Season 2 after so many years!! whee I'm looking forward to it... no idea when it's out though. redface I'm following too many things atm

ur avatar is a kaneki cosplay right heart

5 YEARS TO BE PRECISE LOL.
it's going to be released on the 10th of jan c: no idea what time though.
try checking anichart! anichart's always the way to go.

Bad Boy

rosettique
BOMB4Y

yup whee
that's many years to me heheheh redface but oh, that's pretty close to tg's release too. tg's apparently on the 8th
we'll have lotsa things to watch emotion_0A0
I just finished watching the first season today, probably to prepare myself for the second when it airs biggrin I liked it, but I know a few who don't. I guess its because before the actual plot kinda pieces together, there's not much to go on from, since it seems like random side characters' flashbacks which won't have an impact on the plot. BUT if you watch on, its really interesting to see how they all link together and it all makes sense at the end.

Can we all agree that Shizaya is practically canon

Friend

BOMB4Y
rosettique
BOMB4Y

yup whee
that's many years to me heheheh redface but oh, that's pretty close to tg's release too. tg's apparently on the 8th
we'll have lotsa things to watch emotion_0A0

kuro!kaneki whee do you read the manga as well?

yesyesyes and i also have kuroko season 3 to look forward to.
great anime season, i tell you.

Friend

Soujei

DO YOU HAVE FEELS DO YOU NEED TO RANT BECAUSE I'M HERE IF YOU DO.
i'm always here.

true! it only starts to get super HOLY s**t CRAP WOAH WAT at episode 24, when you realize how everything ties together. but that's like the second last ep xD though, i think i fell in love with it starting from when we found out mikado created frickin dollars. i find that really cool, because we always see mikado as this lame, shy, st-stuttering kid who has a hugeass crush on his big-breasted girl friend.

dood. duh.
even erika ships them.
remember that one scene where shizuo uses a car door to defend against the slasher and erika's just fangirling about him and izaya in the background? xD
rosettique
i rewatched the series to prepare for season 2, so i'm kinda hyped! didn't know it was animated by a new studio though o: does the new staff have bad rep? good rep?
Yeah, the second season isn't being animated by Brain's Base - instead, it's being animated by Shuka, which is a very new studio that apparently started up around June of last year. I think this is supposed to be their first actual project.

Without past references, we have no idea what to expect. It could be absolutely fantastic or it could be terrible, which is what worries me.

Bad Boy

rosettique
kuro!kaneki whee do you read the manga as well?

yesyesyes and i also have kuroko season 3 to look forward to.
great anime season, i tell you.
here and there, but I mostly stuck to the anime. whee A lil too busy to be both reading and watching sadly redface what about u?

ohhhh yeah? eek I quite forgot Kuroko s3
but then again i only read the manga (and watched a bit of S1)
ur rite tho, gotta watch s3 cuz akachin's gonna appear a lot
we're really spoiled this year hahaha

Let's hope Kida coems back plenty in DRRR redface

Friend

MrTripStack
rosettique
Yeah, the second season isn't being animated by Brain's Base - instead, it's being animated by Shuka, which is a very new studio that apparently started up around June of last year. I think this is supposed to be their first actual project.

Without past references, we have no idea what to expect. It could be absolutely fantastic or it could be terrible, which is what worries me.

UM
WELL
i've been waiting for this for 5 years now so let's hope it's more absolutely fantastic than terrible? or at least, as good as season 1? that would be good enough, yeah.
rosettique
UM
WELL
i've been waiting for this for 5 years now so let's hope it's more absolutely fantastic than terrible? or at least, as good as season 1? that would be good enough, yeah.
Being my third favorite anime, I'm obviously hoping that it'll be great. I'm just trying to keep my expectations low for now so I won't be disappointed. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff