Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dubyamn
Especially in the case of RK where Kenshin is voiced by a girl.
I'm never going to look at Kenshin the same way again....
I prefer dubbing over subtitles. Even if it is bad, I'd rather go with the dubbing . I guess it's because subtitles take too long to read. sweatdrop
It's bad cuz the english voice ppl sound nothin like the chracter. Like if u watch the jap sailor moon and then watch the english sailor moon u cud tell that the jap voice is so much better!
Heisei
You all are saying English dubbed stuff is bad, but most anime on TV is English dubbed including the good ones like Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, and.......well, everything. Its not crap, its better than reading the words at the bottom in my opinion

well sumtimes the dubbed vresion doesn't make sense like what they are saying is incorrect...
I look at both sides of the spectrum. Both dub and sub are good in their own rights. Subs are good if you want to hear the original voices, and some of the unedited things. I can read and watch subs at the same time. It's not difficult.

Dubs aren't terrible either. It depends on the dubbing industry. 4kids entertainment didn't do too well with Shaman King and Yu-gi-oh. Saban destroyed the first two seasons of DBZ when they were with FUNimation, and DIC butchered Sailor Moon.

There are some good dubbing industries though. FUNimation did good with Fruits Basket, and even though they edited quite a bit of DB and DBZ, they were still good. Detective Conan really isn't that bad. ADV, Pioneer, or Ganeon(sp?), and Bandai do good jobs as well.

Sometimes in subs, though, the voice acting isn't very good. In fact, there are some series in which Japanese people prefer the english dub.
in some instances, if the dubbing is really well done, i dont really mind. as for the anime that airs on cartoon network and such... that dubbing is shudderworthy and plus, dubbing doesnt allow all of the conversation to get through becasue theyre trying to keep up with the speed of the lips/ with subbing, you can get the whole conversation and learn some japanese ^^
A lot of the time, dubbing cuts out parts of the conversation, and the translations aren't always correct. Besides, some of the lines, when said in enslish, sound really cheesy! sweatdrop
BSLuGeth
I have a personal vendetta against the Saiyuki dub. I've used this line too many times but "the actors are talented, they just need different roles. Well, maybe not greg ayers. he did a pretty good job with goku...at least I hope i have the actors right...

You and me both, and I always said that about its VAs, too. Other than Goku, I wasn't impressed at all crying .
DUB IS EBIL! EBBBIIIILLL!!..>_>
Heisei
You all are saying English dubbed stuff is bad, but most anime on TV is English dubbed including the good ones like Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, and.......well, everything. Its not crap, its better than reading the words at the bottom in my opinion

yah i agree. readin the words distracts ur attention from wuts playin.
dubbing is not bad. Just because its done badly shouldn't make it bad. If you are refering to the QUALITY of the dubbing, then most dubbing sucks because they are lazy and dont bother to double check what the characters are actually saying. If you are refering to the USEFULNESS of dubbing, then you must understand that without it, the anime would be boring for those who do not know japanese fluently.
Dubbed anime is anime thats been watered down for the wannabe anime fans.
dub is crap. try initial d for an example. on the dvd, they include the english and the japanese version. i tried to watch the english one, but it was so crappy. they try to do it like the fast and furious but with crappy ghetto music.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff