Welcome to Gaia! ::

You all are saying English dubbed stuff is bad, but most anime on TV is English dubbed including the good ones like Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, and.......well, everything. Its not crap, its better than reading the words at the bottom in my opinion
Kenshin is tolerable. The Inuyasha dub IS crap. And its crap because the characters are watered down and crammed into 1 dimensional stereotypes.

Most dubbing is bad out of laziness. Most of the time the dub actors are forbidden to listen to the Japanese voices, aren't told anything about the story or character and are just told to "make a voice" by the character's appearance.

Interviews with VAs for Software Sculptors have given great insight to the appaulling conduct of dubbing an anime.
Especially in the case of RK where Kenshin is voiced by a girl.
Dubyamn

So? Thats pretty common in anime. Its whoever fits the voice.
Yah, so Rurouni Kenshin has great voiceactors. I don't even mind the Inuyasha voice actors. Its just personal preference I guess, I prefer hearing it rather than reading it (subtitles), except in the case of non-dubbable anime (Nataru, etc)
Sai Mizuki
Dubyamn

So? Thats pretty common in anime. Its whoever fits the voice.

Crap, I'm reverting back to my DBZ fan state...Goku in the Japanese version was also voiced by a girl, and most young boys are voiced by women too... kind of like the opposite of shakespeare era acting

Dub's aren't necessarily bad. I have a personal vendetta against the Saiyuki dub. I've used this line too many times but "the actors are talented, they just need different roles. Well, maybe not greg ayers. he did a pretty good job with goku...at least I hope i have the actors right...

But then you get stuff like Full Metal Panic, which was really well done, it gave me renewed hope.
Dubbed anime takes away a lot of the things in the Japanese ones... if you read the subbed ones, then you get the orignal meaning of it, not some twisted one that Americans made. Also, there's less emotion in the dubbed anime since half of the voice actors have no clue what their characters are like... for example, Miroku in Inuyasha... he's so... DULL in the dubbed version. There's a lot of emotion and sarcasm missing from his voice.

The Inuyasha dubbed ones weren't too bad... I liked the Japanese voice actors better though since they fit their parts a lot better. The Kenshin ones were pretty good... some of the things Kenshin said in the dubbed ones just bugged me for some reason though. Just the way they translated it or something I guess. I dunno...
It's not.
It depends on the anime. Some dubbing is really good. Such as in read or die where some of it takes place in england and the have ENGLISH accents. W00T
Project Black
It depends on the anime. Some dubbing is really good. Such as in read or die where some of it takes place in england and the have ENGLISH accents. W00T

Now that you say that hellsing comes to mind. Personally, I thought it was well done, but i haven't seen the subbed so I can't give an objectional opinion.
Eyebrow
It's not.

I love how you back up your argument so well. eek

XD ehehehe.

X__x; I don't like dubbed anything. I don't like Japanese anime dubbed, just as much as I do not wish to watch Pirates of the Caribbean in French.

o__O;; Anything that is dubbed is going to lose at least half the quality of the origional product. You lose a lot of cultural experiences as well.

My most classic example is "Itadakimasu!" which means "I will recieve" and is traditional to say before eating a Japanese meal. It shows appreciation... y'know? Like "Thank you for this meal..."

In America, in stead of "Itadakimasu" you get "Let's chow down!"

which... is dumb... really.... there goes your sophisticated culture. -__-;

*That's why I enjoy subtitled anime. Sometimes they give you vocabulary and little lessons like that up in the corners of the screen. If you can't read it that fast then pause the episode. o__O There's nothing stopping you....

That's how I learned the Itadakimasu thing really...

Pluse, the japanese voices sound a lot better. They fit the personalities, the characters, and the right tones at the right times.

And sometimes you just hear funny words in there. XD "Bai-bai!" And you can get a good laugh at some Engrish...

Other times, those little japanese phrases are just so cool to hear and so fun to say..

o__o Like the japanese title for Full Metal Alchemist... which I still can't remember how to say correctly... But it's really fun to say. XD
Ugh omg the kenshion dub is pure s**t I couldn't even stand it!! X-x the InuYahsa dub is ok.......but Inu's voice is the worst ever I swear

but..the YuGiOh dub...i really like ^.^0
Fyrsiel
Eyebrow
It's not.

I love how you back up your argument so well. eek

XD ehehehe.

X__x; I don't like dubbed anything. I don't like Japanese anime dubbed, just as much as I do not wish to watch Pirates of the Caribbean in French.

o__O;; Anything that is dubbed is going to lose at least half the quality of the origional product. You lose a lot of cultural experiences as well.

My most classic example is "Itadakimasu!" which means "I will recieve" and is traditional to say before eating a Japanese meal. It shows appreciation... y'know? Like "Thank you for this meal..."

In America, in stead of "Itadakimasu" you get "Let's chow down!"

which... is dumb... really.... there goes your sophisticated culture. -__-;

*That's why I enjoy subtitled anime. Sometimes they give you vocabulary and little lessons like that up in the corners of the screen. If you can't read it that fast then pause the episode. o__O There's nothing stopping you....

That's how I learned the Itadakimasu thing really...

Pluse, the japanese voices sound a lot better. They fit the personalities, the characters, and the right tones at the right times.

And sometimes you just hear funny words in there. XD "Bai-bai!" And you can get a good laugh at some Engrish...

Other times, those little japanese phrases are just so cool to hear and so fun to say..

o__o Like the japanese title for Full Metal Alchemist... which I still can't remember how to say correctly... But it's really fun to say. XD
I don't need to back up my arguement. I've said it enough already. Dubs don't bother me. The original language is USUALLY better but I tolerate them enough to say that they're not bad.
if i see an anime for the first time in english.....them i'm going to prefer english. but if i hear it in japanese, then usually i can't stand the english and switch it back to japanese.
Eyebrow
I don't need to back up my arguement. I've said it enough already. Dubs don't bother me. The original language is USUALLY better but I tolerate them enough to say that they're not bad.

XD just a little friendly sarcasim was all I was saying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff