Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just a small town girl...

Living in a lonely world 0.40425531914894 40.4% [ 57 ]
He to the midnight train going any-PONPON WEIWEI 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 18 ]
I thought this poll was going to relate to the topic 0.063829787234043 6.4% [ 9 ]
Why do this for the gold? You don't even get that much 0.042553191489362 4.3% [ 6 ]
GIRL CHARACTERS SUCK (lookie here relation to the topic) 0.028368794326241 2.8% [ 4 ]
BOY CHARACTERS SUCK 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 3 ]
EVERY CHARACTER SUCKS IF THEY'RE WRITTEN POORLY 0.19148936170213 19.1% [ 27 ]
I am apathetic to everything. 0.12056737588652 12.1% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I'm putting my vote in for underlining jealousy.
Maybe they don't even realize it. But someone has a crush on a male anime character, and so feel threatened by any girl who develops any kind of relationship wit that character.

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Prince Siegfried
Okay this is what I see when I look at female characters. And I will do my best to keep my thoughts organized. please excuse my bad spelling I'm dyslexic and spell check can only do so much

Female characters are generic
Whale male characters range from a great number of personalitys, backgrounds, and quirks female characters seem to fall into a few categories.

The Merry Sue, An average school girl who is unpopular with boys, not especially smart, clumsy, may be nerdy, and usually spends her time chasing after or oogoling boys. She is just a representation of how the average teen girl views her self.
Strong and sexy: often use large weapons, often has large breasts, always scantily clad, usually a dominatrix like attitude. not much else to be said here
the mega b***hshe is always a supporting character to an immature male. her job is just to be the lecturing b***h and or to keep in line the lead male. (in other words needs protected)
The moe eye candy: she is just there to get her skirt blown up. She is usually VERY stupid. almost retarded seeming. She often dose not know to keep her clothes on or if she dose she always finds a way to loose them. She takes moe to the extreme. She often gets hurt by the enemy and I can even picture her tossing herself in the way of an attack ment for the main male.

there are one or two more that I don't feel like getting into right now (I may edit and add them later). But you get my point

The point is that it is very rare to find a female character with any real depth and what is really the worst part is that this often happens with minority's that they are portrayed in just a few stereotypical ways. But since when, I ask you, is female a minority.

It just saddens me that so many characters can be put into just 4 categories. I would make a better character than any of those fake overused personality's and I am pretty boring,

You ask why I hate female characters, It's because the people who write them don't even like them. They don't even have a sole or a real personality. Were are the light yagami's or L's of the female world, were are the Xerxes Break's .or the Seshomaru's

I am not saying that I hate all female characters but I do hate most of them

Apparently, you sir, have never seen Highschool DxD. The strong sexy, scantily clad women don't need rescuing. They're too busy trying to help keep the male lead alive while he's training to become stronger.

Also, I agree with the jealousy thing. Though I've never used that as a reason to hate an anime character.

I admit though, I used to hate on Kikyo from Inuyasha something awful. But it was more based on her personality and not over Inuyasha or some crack or yaoi pairing fantasy. I used to not like Ino or Matsuri from Naruto either, but I got over it. Still not crazy about Matsuri, though. She's just a fangirl for Gaara in the style of Sakura and Ino.

Demonic Vampire

Riunite
jesus ******** christ you're both blind and autistic

DO YOU ******** REALIZE THAT THE EXACT SAME "CATEGORIES??????????" CAN BE APPLIED TO JUST AS MANY MALES AS FEMALE CHARACTERS???

No, of course not. You're watching/reading shitty series where all the characters are shitty pieces of s**t, but you're too ******** busy hating on the females. Hell, you don't even know what you're talking about. ********.

To quote Yusuke Urameshi You shouldn't talk.....It makes you sound stupid.
For starters I said females that are not well written. Also you wouldn't be so irate if you had anything real to say.
I am sick of seeing characters that are generic of both genders, But for god sake I am sick of stupid girls that are to stupid to keep there clothes on. do girls that act like mentally challenged little children appeal to you? I defy you to name one male character that fits that.

Why would you even get so upset when I went out of my way not to mention any characters or series'

If you decide to quote me again wait until you actually have something to say and don't have to fill your post with yelling and cussing at someone for having an opinion.

Demonic Vampire

KyaKonami

Apparently, you sir, have never seen Highschool DxD. The strong sexy, scantily clad women don't need rescuing. They're too busy trying to help keep the male lead alive while he's training to become stronger.

Um.... no. No I haven't........ But I will point out again that It's not all female characters, Just the poorly written ones.......witch is a lot of them lol.

Demonic Vampire

I Shall Give You NoMercy
Well gee, thats not sexist at all. neutral
Sorry to breck it to you hon, but guys can fall into the SAME categorys that you listed as well.
Now stop acting like every single female on the planet is stupid and horrible and that men are the only important, strong, human beings.
Also, I can name TEN strong, amazing female characters on the top of my head. So sorry... WRONG there again.
You dont seem very bright though, so Ill stop here, but you need to get your mind out of the 1950s gutter, hmmmm? And cut that sexist behavor out too, you're embrasssing all actual females here.
rolleyes
Prince Siegfried
Okay this is what I see when I look at female characters. And I will do my best to keep my thoughts organized. please excuse my bad spelling Im dyslexic and spell check can only do so much

Female characters are generic
Whale male characters range from a great number of personalitys, backgrounds, and quirks female characters seem to fall into a few categories.

The Merry Sue, An average school girl who is unpopular with boys, not especially smart, clumsy, may be nerdy, and usually spends her time chasing after or oogoling boys. She is just a representation of how the average teen girl views her self.
Strong and sexy: often use large weapons, often has large breasts, always scantily clad, usually a dominatrix like attitude. not much else to be said here
the mega b***hshe is always a supporting character to an immature male. her job is just to be the lecturing b***h and or to keep in line the lead male. in other words needs protected)
The moe eye candy: she is just there to get her skirt blown up. She is usually VERY stupid. almost retarded seeming. She often dose not know to keep her clothes on or if she dose she always finds a way to loose them. She takes moe to the extreme. She often gets hurt by the enemy and I can even picture her tossing herself in the way of an attack ment for the main male.

there are one or two more that I dont feel like getting into right now I may edit and add them later). But you get my point

The point is that it is very rare to find a female character with any real depth and what is really the worst part is that this often happens with minoritys that they are portrayed in just a few stereotypical ways. But since when, I ask you, is female a minority.

It just saddens me that so many characters can be put into just 4 categories. I would make a better character than any of those fake overused personalitys and I am pretty boring,

You ask why I hate female characters, Its because the people who write them dont even like them. They dont even have a sole or a real personality. Were are the light yagamis or Ls of the female world, were are the Xerxes Breaks .or the Seshomarus

I am not saying that I hate all female characters but I do hate most of them

the point is not that only female characters are generic, I can name many male characters that are. And I hate them. The point is that Few female characters are not generic. I do not hate good female characters, I just like to see some good writing, back stories, trying situations that they can overcome and grow. These are just generalizations about generic female characters. I have a pretty big problem with anything I can predict before it happens. If for example I see a pattern in a story line than the series if dead for me. Yes some men fit loosely into the same categories but not so tightly or so commonly. Because men don't always have to be portrayed as week, naked, or both.

Also sweet heart, I don't think I ever said sexist. I just think they're unlikable.
Prince Siegfried
KyaKonami

Um.... no. No I haven't........ But I will point out again that It's not all female characters, Just the poorly written ones.......witch is a lot of them lol.

Name one. Come on.

Demonic Vampire

Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried
KyaKonami

Name one. Come on.

Name a poorly written character?

Chi- Chobits
Hikari- this ugly yet beautiful world
Nyu- Elfen lied
Ren- DearS
any girl from clannad
Toru haunda fruits basket

Name a really well written character. It's not impossible but it's harder to come up with 5 of those

For Tomorrow's Husband

Prince Siegfried
Riunite
jesus ******** christ you're both blind and autistic

DO YOU ******** REALIZE THAT THE EXACT SAME "CATEGORIES??????????" CAN BE APPLIED TO JUST AS MANY MALES AS FEMALE CHARACTERS???

No, of course not. You're watching/reading shitty series where all the characters are shitty pieces of s**t, but you're too ******** busy hating on the females. Hell, you don't even know what you're talking about. ********.

To quote Yusuke Urameshi You shouldn't talk.....It makes you sound stupid.
For starters I said females that are not well written. Also you wouldn't be so irate if you had anything real to say.
I am sick of seeing characters that are generic of both genders, But for god sake I am sick of stupid girls that are to stupid to keep there clothes on. do girls that act like mentally challenged little children appeal to you? I defy you to name one male character that fits that.

Why would you even get so upset when I went out of my way not to mention any characters or series'

If you decide to quote me again wait until you actually have something to say and don't have to fill your post with yelling and cussing at someone for having an opinion.
then you should totes shut the ******** up for the rest of your life

you basically said the MAJORITY OF FEMALE CHARACTERS which is not ******** true. Also, that male characters are actually more well written which is BULLSHIT

http://myanimelist.net/character/48107/You_Satou
http://myanimelist.net/character/20/Mitsukuni_Haninozuka
http://myanimelist.net/character/40/Luffy_Monkey_D.
http://myanimelist.net/character/137/Saito_Hiraga

YOU WANT DUMB MALES? HERE ARE SOME.
THERE TONS MORE ACTUALLY, BUT I TEND TO WATCH GOOD ANIME
how about you list all the female characters you say that fit under your "categories"?????

you have a retarded opinion and i am educating you
you should be thankful

For Tomorrow's Husband

Prince Siegfried
Just_Oneofakind
Prince Siegfried
KyaKonami

Name one. Come on.

Name a poorly written character?

Chi- Chobits
Hikari- this ugly yet beautiful world
Nyu- Elfen lied
Ren- DearS
any girl from clannad
Toru haunda fruits basket

Name a really well written character. It's not impossible but it's harder to come up with 5 of those
characters from shitty anime, why am i not surprised

well written females:
the majority of the females of the majority of the anime listed here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Riunite

://///////////////
I had typed up a long spiel about how it's an effect of living in a patriarchal society, but then I realized that it's probably just because shows that focus on female characters or mixed casts are more popular and plentiful than shows that focus exclusively on male characters. More popular = more haters. Which is why everyone loves me I guess.
Prince Siegfried

Tsukasa Ayatsuji
Masane Amaha
Taiga Aisaka
Lain Iwakura

And the characters you choose, you picked characters from stereotypical CLAMP. It's no wonder they're bad characters. And I'd gladly take any of the Clannad girls over whoever you like any day of the week.
I just don't hate. smile
Maudragauda
Apple Anna
I'm sure not all females characters are hated. neutral then again...

I didn't say all female characters are hated, but female characters tend be hated more openly and judged harshly than male characters.

well, that would have to be the creators' fault for making them more whiny or more annoying than the male counterparts. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff