Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Lover

12,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Honestly over half way through the anime and to me its like there are two animators who are fighting for supremacy over the storyline. There is wants this to be a gore horror science fiction thing and there is another who wants to make a high class hentai/harem. To me if there were a picture to describe Elfen Lied it would would be when Nana is naked covered in blood in the lab. Our male protagonist Kouta is right out of what a male character would be in a hentai just blandy mic bland not to mention his cousin trying to get with him (which is by the way very gross) along with the gratuitous amounts of fan service to me there is no substance. Lucy as far as I can tell is an unlikable psychopath as she has killed innocent people. I don't care if everyone is a little bit racist to me Lucy had no reason to kill a lot of the characters so far. She would make a much better villain in some other anime. I understand the manga is different but I can't honestly see why anyone would like this character. This manga constantly bounces between wanting to be a harem manga having them go to school and accidental nudity to going back to the science fiction. Overall the music is well enough but to me the only interesting person so far is Kurama. What I would like to know is why everyone thinks this show is so great

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

1. People have difference tastes
2. these tastes can be bad

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
baby's first anime.

Unbeatable Noob

16,700 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
amigobear v3
baby's first anime.
Part 4 maybe animated.

Kawaii Shounen

amigobear v3
baby's first anime.
amigobear v3
baby's first anime.

The Meretrix's Husband

I've never liked shows that just use violence for shock value either. It lacks so much substance that once you see past it, it's just a really boring anime.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Niccu Bear
I've never liked shows that just use violence for shock value either. It lacks so much substance that once you see past it, it's just a really boring anime.

*cough* *cough*

Akame ga Kill

Invisible Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Timid 100
Niccu Bear

Tip this bear

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I wrote a review of it last fall, if that helps you.
My personal opinion is that it feels like a modern-day equivalent of many older action-horror-thriller OVAs from the 70s and 80s. Decent atmosphere and good action, with enough of an emotional aspect to the plot to distract people from the poor writing. And let's face it, people are easily distracted.

These types of experiences aren't all bad, though. Elfen Lied is decent enough if you're just in it for the violence and melodrama. The problems arise when you start looking for depth in its shallow plot.

Tipsy Bookworm

I like the opening song redface

Familiar Hunter

11,815 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
WE LOVE THE psychopath DUH
are you ******** kidding with this
Some people just love ******** in the head characters as an interesting plot element, If a story is interesting enough on its own, it does not need to be relatable or life-altering

As for the great amount of fan service its common in new shows now we just have to live with it gonk ... mrgreen ... eek .... sweatdrop
I just like it always have.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces