Welcome to Gaia! ::

First in Japan Anime means any animation/cartoon. Not as most thing that it is animation with Japan as it country of origins.

Questions.

If the Anime is made by a pure Japanese company with only Japanese employee's, but was located in the United States would it still be an Anime.

If a Korean Company based in Japan made an Animation it country of Origins would be Japan would it then be an Anime.

If a Japanese company made an Anime, but outsourced parts of the creation to companies not in Japan would it still be an Anime.

If a Japanese American made an Anime in the United States would that still be an Anime.

If a Japanese American mad an Anime in Japan would that still be an Anime.

If an Non- Japanese but was born in Japan and has Japanese citizenship made and anime does that make it an Anime.

If an U.S. company collaborate with a Japanese company to make a cartoon (Iron Man, Wolverine) for the United States audience.

What if a Japanese company makes an Anime not for Japanese audience, but for western audience.

Gracious Tycoon

Yes to all of your questions, even though they don't have question marks at the end.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any animated cartoons that aren't anime.

Premium Gaian

I hav ea better question....Who cares?? : D lol

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,925 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
it's funny how words can change in meaning. yes, technically 'anime' refers to all cartoons, in western society it's typically used to single out japanese cartoons. but the connotation of anime changes person to person and so does what is considered anime. some people might think it explicitly Japanese origin, others might include collaborative works or works of a similar style.

Sweet Star

anime is animation that mainly targets a Japanese audience
but yeah, I kinda agree with Marshmlow1 on this subject because animation is animation

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I don't know, the issue is complicated. I used to define Anime as any cartoon out of Japan, but after Immortal Grand Prix came out and was widely advertised as the 1st American-made anime, I'm not really sure.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tackle and Tickle
First in Japan Anime means any animation/cartoon. Not as most thing that it is animation with Japan as it country of origins.

Questions.

If the Anime is made by a pure Japanese company with only Japanese employee's, but was located in the United States would it still be an Anime.

If a Korean Company based in Japan made an Animation it country of Origins would be Japan would it then be an Anime.

If a Japanese company made an Anime, but outsourced parts of the creation to companies not in Japan would it still be an Anime.

If a Japanese American made an Anime in the United States would that still be an Anime.

If an Non- Japanese but was born in Japan and has Japanese citizenship made and anime does that make it an Anime.

If an U.S. company collaborate with a Japanese company to make a cartoon (Iron Man, Wolverine) for the United States audience.

What if a Japanese company makes an Anime not for Japanese audience, but for western audience.

I live in Japan And I don't get that whole "Anime comes from Japan!"
I watched Afro Samurai and It was awesome!
(Afro Samurai was made in America right? Samuel L. Jackson was the Voice actor for Afro)

Dapper Pup

User Image

These days, anime seems to refer more to a style rather than a point of origin.
User Image
I didn't even bother reading the OP, or any of the above comments.

I just wanted to derail this thread, due to it's stupidity.

Magical Lunatic

All anime is really from True Korea, silly.

User Image

Greedy Raider

If I'm talking about something and I'm wanting to use its Japanese name, I say "anime."
If I'm talking English and I want to use its English name, I say "cartoon."
That's the only real difference I use. I understand other people and feeling strongly that anime only connects with things made in East Asian countries like Japan and South Korea and such, though.
First the Gaia app won't let me cut and paste multiple people so going to respond one by one.
Sunny Sanity

Yes to all of your questions, even though they don't have question marks at the end.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any animated cartoons that aren't anime.

Well I was trying for question/statement there.
Marshmlow1
I hav ea better question....Who cares?? : D lol

A lot of people do care about what is and isn't anime, but apparently not you.
Mahzuki
Tackle and Tickle

Questions.

I live in Japan And I don't get that whole "Anime comes from Japan!"
I watched Afro Samurai and It was awesome!
(Afro Samurai was made in America right? Samuel L. Jackson was the Voice actor for Afro)

Yes. People in Japan think anime is any animation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff