This poll closed on May 6, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5

900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
yes yes yes scream
"Men" unfairly portrayed? eek This is a new one.
*gasp gasp* sorry I needed to catch my breath from all the laughing i was doing after reading this....are you kidding me! lol It's f-i-c-t-i-o-n
Webster says:
fic·tion
1 a : something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically : an invented story

and to those who don't know what i-n-v-e-n-t-e-d means:
Webster says:
in·vent
3 : to produce (as something useful) for the first time through the use of the imagination or of ingenious thinking and experiment
Ms.Emery
it depends on what portrayal. like the old pervert portrayal, is a poor portrayal, tho others (can't think of any) r good portrayals
I'd say yes because they are usually really weak when it comes to women, nose bleeds, not catching on that one of the 8 girls he's living with really want's to F$#@ him.

Altho I talked to one of our Japanese exchange students and she said they really are oblivious and lame! so....maybe not
It is all in the eye of the beholder. To me Women, in anime, are portrayed to be a superior bread of "homo-sapien" but that is to general because some animes make them out to be retarded or extremist in every sense. Love hina is a pretty damn good example of extremist in anime girls.
Aoryi
It is all in the eye of the beholder. To me Women, in anime, are portrayed to be a superior bread of "homo-sapien" but that is to general because some animes make them out to be retarded or extremist in every sense. Love hina is a pretty damn good example of extremist in anime girls.

::whispering:: but dude, they are a superior bread of "homo-sapien"!
we're just the a superior bread of "homo-erectus" bu bum shing. sorry couldn't help myself!
YEAH, I know what you mean... have you ever seen an main character in anime, or manga who wasn't white? I'm a brown boy.. and sometimes it makes me want to be white... but i like being brown...
As long as the men are portrayed with a cute face, overall muscular body and some physical strength.... they're just fine! 3nodding
you know...i think both are misportrayed in anime..so many animes make women out to be servile and gentle...and deviations from it are seen as undesirable..and many animes make men all touchy feely and girly becuase thats how some girls want them to be.

and well this may applie to some men and women but most of us dont' fit these modes...

you know...anime is storytelling- its how the author wants to tell it.

and besides it all depends on the target audience..if its targeting men- then women are portrayed as men wish they would be...(no..i dont' mean just big breasts....)

and if its aimed at girls..in it men are made out to be the way girls may wish them to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff