Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
Hm I haven't watched much Gundam series since Gundam Wing, but I would recommend Gundam G no Reconguista, that is another new UC series but it has it's own timeline (it doesn't follows on from Unicorn at all) there's 6 eps out so far (it just started airing in the fall season) and so far so good! ^^

I would give Gundam 00 a try too, but I must warn you that the 1st season to 00 is great the 2nd season is eh, I haven't seen the movie yet though ^^;;

Also if you're going to give Gundam Wing a try I would add on this: Clicky! it's the picture drama to the sequel to Gundam Wing (which is Frozen Teardrop) it's not a actual anime but it gives you a insight to the light novel and has some major Mech design's!

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I thought Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz were pretty good. I mean, the story is pretty popcorn-y but it's entertaiing and dramatic. It was a good show and I'd recommend it.
I enjoyed Gundam 00. It's got a great story, awesome animation, and sweet gudam designs. I also enjoy Gundam Build Fighters; which is a change from regular old gundam.
Gundam 00 is probally the most visually stunning series.its production value is killer.The Gundam designs are sweet pretty action packed but the theme and story are deep and rope you in

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
LegendaryRandomVIllager42
Why do you not want to see Turn A, OP?

It's quite rare for me to say this (so rare I can count it all on one hand), but it just looks plain weird! It's like if someone took Whitebeard from One Piece and turned him into a Gundam!

There's just a certain style that Gundam has, a style that has struck me on a personal level, and with the way Turn A looks, I feel the design would constantly take me out of the experience and remind me that I was watching something completely different, and it wouldn't really feel like I was watching Gundam anymore.

Not to mention the name "Turn A" makes me think "What? Is this some sort of Turn-Based RPG Gundam?" Which is NOT GOOD.

Now, after reading the comments on Turn A so far, I'm a bit more willing to give it a shot, but it's still not going to be top priority in my Gundam Viewing List (GVL).
Gundam Zeta and Gundam unicorn
Why do you not want to see Turn A, OP?

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Don't judge a book by its cover. Turn A Gundam is pretty good despite its art direction being a bit out of the norm for a Gundam title.

Anyway, if you haven't gotten into the UC timeline, I always recommend that.
If you've already seen the original Mobile Suit Gundam then go into Zeta Gundam (my favorite), ZZ Gundam and then Char's Counterattack for the main story.
Then you've got OVAs like 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory and Unicorn. All of which are good in their own merit.
War in the Pocket and Stardust Memory are some of my personal favorite UC OVAs.
Then you've got distant UC buuuuut tackle that another day. Victory and F91 are "ehhhhh" anyway.

Seed is more or less a modern retelling of UC but with more ridiculous melodrama and unlikable characters, so I don't personally feel like you're missing anything skipping Seed/Destiny.
Again though, this is my opinion. I know we have a lot of Seed fans around here.

Wing in general is... meh? At least to me. I have no nostalgia toward it, so I find it largely mediocre.
However, the mech design is great and so is the soundtrack. Wing's secondary cast is also stronger than its main one sooooo take that as you will.
Or maybe I'm just a shameless Treize f**, I dunno'. He honestly was the only guy who kept me around after a while.

So tl;dr my recommendation is to finish the UC timeline, you already started it, why not dive in head first?
Gundam 00 and Gundam Age are pretty good. I enjoyed both.

Demonic Warlord

16,725 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
Gundam 00
Gundam Unicorn

About the only I saw so far lol

I heard Endless Waltz was good though

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
Why wouldn't you want to watch Turn A Gundam? You shouldn't judge whether to watch a series or not just because of the art style. Turn A Gundam is a fantastic series, and is considered to be one of the better series since the original.

I was skeptical about SEED as well, I have to admit, and for quite some time I avoided it. But I finally sat down not too long ago and watched the first series and it surprised me that it was actually pretty good, and I quite enjoyed it. SEED Destiny, on the other hand, isn't quite as good as the first, but it's still pretty good in its own right.

Ruthless Shoujo

08th ms team
gundam 00
gundam unicorn
I recommend UC Unicorn and also 0083. Both are short and sweet.
I watched Wing a loooong time ago. One of my first animes now that I think about it. Anyways, I liked it a lot, but that was before I developed standards. Not sure if this helps or not.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
wahmbulance Gundam series I've seen:

Original Mobile Suit Gundam

G Gundam

After War Gundam X

wahmbulance Gundam series I DO NOT want to see:

Anything having to do with Gundam Seed.

That weirdly shaped Gundam that doesn't even really look like a gundam and is piloted by some white-haired kid......? (Turn A Gundam, that's the one)

wahmbulance Gundam series on my "To Be Watched" list:

Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz

Anyway, post your recommendations below!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff