Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

21,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Because of the numerous threads asking for what your favorite anime is, it was decided to create a sticky specifically for that recurring topic.

In this sticky you can tell everyone:

• Which is your favorite movie/OAV/series/etc?
  • Which anime is the funniest/saddest/scariest/dumbest/etc?
  • Which anime is the most over-rated/worst/annoying/etc?
  • Which anime is the most obscure/oldest/popular/newest anime you've seen?
  • Which anime made you cry/scream/giggle/etc?
  • Which anime were better as a manga, and vice versa?
  • Which anime do you want to see as a live action?
  • Which anime/manga do you wish was real/live in?
  • Which anime has your favourite scenes? What are they?
  • Which anime has the best/worst/most romantic/etc ending?
  • Which do you prefer, anime or manga?
  • Which anime has the worst/best/most mangled/etc dub/sub/raw?
  • Which anime quotes do you like? What are they?
  • Which anime are you currently watching?
  • What is your favorite anime genre?
  • Subtitles or Dubbing?
  • All similar questions.

All current and future threads in the main forum and subforums asking about favorite series will be either locked, moved to Chatterbox, or deleted.

Please stay on topic. All spam and unrelated posts in this thread will be deleted.
For favorite, I have to say that my favorite for a couple years running has been Berserk
I think that the art style mixed with great in-depth character development make it a great story, and they leave you rooting for the hero (anti-hero, if you wanna be specific) the whole time and I felt myself feeling very strong emotions towards the show at all the right moments. it was just perfectly crafted in my opinion, and I cant wait for the manga release

-Jew
"Armold takes office.
Fires sweep the countryside.
Too much coincidence for one state?"
My favorite "anime" series would have to be Ranma 1/2. I don't know how long I have been watching that show (must be years now) but the mindless slapstick comedy and odd situations never ceased to keep my withering brain amused. It was my first Japanese cartoon.

(Berserk is a really good one, AuraJin. Would have been my favorite if not for the end which I won't discuss. I like the manga much better.)
My favorite is Kinnikuman Nesei/Ultimate Muscle Second Generations. I really love the character designs and the story. It makes fun of Dragon Ball Z because two of the characters 'charge' up to become more powerful. The story is well-written and funny at the right times. They've just started the second season here in the US and it keeps getting more interesting.
i would have to say my favorite is a tie between two really good animes one would have to be Serial Experiments Lain which is the wierdest anime i have seen but you know what i still like it a hell of a lot 3nodding
i also have to say Ranma 1/2 which is finally coming to an end xp i think Ranma is one of the best animes ever made and will be liked for quite some time to come by a large group of fans
Saber Marionette J

I really love the story and the cute art. The character designs are soo cute!!! and I especially love Lime's. All their characters are so cute and I love love love!!!

You know it.
Yuki Sohma
i would have to say my favorite is a tie between two really good animes one would have to be Serial Experiments Lain which is the wierdest anime i have seen but you know what i still like it a hell of a lot 3nodding

I agree. That show is weird as hell.

My favorite anime would be Cowboy Bebop. The characters and the music makes everything else. The animation is great as well. Seems like anyone could relate to anyone on that show.
my favorite anime is either dbz or yu-gi-oh domokun domokun domokun
My favourite is Neon Genesis Evangelion... by far... heart

Serial Experiments Lain and Boogiepop Phantom come in second place though as are just freakin' cool... hehe
My favorite anime of all time would have to be Cowboy Bebop. It's the ultimate anime. You want horror? Toys in the Attic. Action? Ballad of Fallen Angels. Want angst? Real Folk Blues. Comedy? Jamming With Edward. Bebop did it all, and in a lot of cases, did it best.
Why has hardly no one replied here? There's still new topics being posted for favorite anime, so obviosly people aren't reading the stickies.

Dapper Dabbler

3,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I REALLY like FLCL. Its interesting, and entertaining and such. When I saw the commertials for it I thought "wow...seems stupid". But then I saw the first ep and I was like "WOW!!!! I LOVE THIS!!" lol. Yeah, the cool thing is I'm being Haruko from the show for halloween. ^^ Thats how much I love the show.
My favourite above all has to be Cowboy Bebop. No other anime that I've seen can compete with it, though Furikuri is second. Somehow, since the first moment I watched Cowboy Bebop, it became a part of me. Nothing I've ever seen can match it, and for some reason I feel like Cowboy Bebop is very 'me' it's like my personality, it's weird at times, melodramatic, it transcends all emotions. It's different every episode, and though it's not interconnected, they all seem to have some meaning to the series as a whole. It might seem scary-fangirl-ish, but Cowboy Bebop is like something real to me, it's not even anime anymore, it's just Cowboy Bebop, that's how in love I am with it crying . Hehe, I've watched the series so many times through and I never get sick of it, and I got so depressed when Spike died, it felt like the whole series was done and gone- but then I got the boxed set, and I just skip over that episode smile . *sigh* my friends have even taken up calling me Faye Faye.
Dragoon5699
my favorite anime is either dbz or yu-gi-oh domokun domokun domokun

Yes, those are both very good animes. But my favorites are DBZ and DB. GOKU, GOHAN, MAJIN VEGETA!!! THEY ALL ROCK!!!
My favorite anime of all time would have to be Fushigi Yuugi, Yuu Watase is a god and i love everything she has done. The characters are amazing and the storyline totally captured my heart and i knew that this was an amazing series. Not only did it continue but its still continuing. My favorite character is Tasuki ^_^ he is just as much a god as Watase and he is mine *cuddles him* power to the Fushigi!! ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff