Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Worshipper

Trying to join this hype train seems like an interesting story and it caught my attention.
So this seems to be a topic that really debated I don't no anything from this series
so spoiler free zone.

While some say the 2006 anime was terribly adapted. Some are saying to start with that for a full understanding with spoilers in it.

Others say start with zero since It is a prequel for the series then go through the rest.
Unlimited blade works is spoiled in one of them so...

Does everything spoil something from where you start in the series?
How did you start the series?

wahmbulance Going through this with only anime in mind wahmbulance

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Read the VN.

All of it, in fact. Don't just read the Fate route and be done with it. Read Fate, UBW, and Heavens Feel.

Then if you so feel, go on to Fate/Zero and Fate/hollow ataraxia.
I wouldn't bother with the VN. It's horribly dull and appallingly sexist.

I would recommend Fate/Zero first, which is on Netflix. It's fantastic. Spoilers shouldn't be a problem, and I found it even strengthens the experience of watching the new Ultimate Blade Works, which is also very good so far. Watch that one afterwards.

You can probably skip the first animated adaptation all together unless you're really curious. No, it's not very good, and the production is hideous, but at the very least, it's still better than the visual novel.

Oh! The UBW movie is also pretty good. It's gorgeous, too.

Gracious Worshipper

Nytemair is a new VNfag
Read the VN before anything. That's how you start.

I should have mentioned I going through this on an anime only route

Gracious Worshipper

So As I Pray
Read the VN.

All of it, in fact. Don't just read the Fate route and be done with it. Read Fate, UBW, and Heavens Feel.

Forgot to mention going through this with the anime only in mind

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Sacred Vows
So As I Pray
Read the VN.

Boo.

Don't do that, go for the pure experience of the visual novel.

Aged Codger

If you're really adamant about sticking with anime only, then avoid the shitty DEEN adaptions at all cost, watch F/Z and ufotable's UBW, then wait for the HF movie.

Gracious Worshipper

WeebooWobble

I would recommend Fate/Zero first, which is on Netflix. It's fantastic. Spoilers shouldn't be a problem, and I found it even strengthens the experience of watching the new Ultimate Blade Works, which is also very good so far. Watch that one afterwards.

You can probably skip the first animated adaptation all together unless you're really curious. No, it's not very good, and the production is hideous, but at the very least, it's still better than the visual novel.

I have to much things going on to get through the VN so I usually just watch the animes instead. This one seemed full of mixed opinions though. Thanks for replying.

Gracious Worshipper

So As I Pray
Sacred Vows
So As I Pray
Read the VN.

Boo.

nope sorry no time I can still really enjoy series from the animes.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

WeebooWobble
but at the very least, it's still better than the visual novel.

what's it like having the shittiest opinions known to man

Gracious Worshipper

Nytemair is a new VNfag
Sacred Vows
Nytemair is a new VNfag
Read the VN before anything. That's how you start.

I should have mentioned I going through this on an anime only route

Then don't even bother getting into this series until they finish airing the new Fate Stay Night anime and the upcoming Heaven's Feel movie.

There is no rush since I might not even start this series till late November.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Sacred Vows
So As I Pray
Sacred Vows
So As I Pray
Read the VN.

Boo.

nope sorry no time I can still really enjoy series from the animes.

How can you have time for anime but no time for visual novels I mean really

Is reading that ******** hard

Aged Codger

Sacred Vows
WeebooWobble

I have to much things going on to get through the VN so I usually just watch the animes instead. This one seemed full of mixed opinions though. Thanks for replying.

DO NOT watch the UBW movie as that is a shitty, condensed adaption. Pretend it any other Deen adaption does not exist. You're much, much better off with ufotable's UBW.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff