Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soul Eater.

I feel like it should have been MUCH longer than what it was.
The final fight didn't have much specialty to it as I expected. I just didn't like it.

Another of mine would be (believe it or not) Madoka Magica. I LOVED this series. I expected it to be one of those desudesukawaiikawaii Magical Girl animes but it wasn't. It was great. The only thing that I didn't like was the ending really. It was a good ending yes but I feel there should have been more to it.

Quotable Genius

Huuballawick
Virgil_Ashwood
So As I Pray
"I didn't like that kamina died and other characters had to develop! Let's get overly attached to a character who barely develops himself instead of the ones that actually go through changes!"

Good lord do I hate Kamina fans.

I hate to side with the hate, but I agree.
If you look closely, Kamina was a d**k. Sure an awesome d**k with crazy charisma, but he didn't give a damn about anyone else really. Not like Simon who actually ended up caring about the people he was fighting with and looking towards the future.

Kamina didn't die for no reason, it was planned and designed to set up for the real main character, which was not Kamina. And it's not like he died like a punk, that episode is easily the high point of the whole series and could have ended there if it wanted to. But it doesn't, there's more story to tell and more awesome to get through.

He really did care about Simon, though. The whole reason he believed so much in him was because he had this inferiority complex. He used bravado and over-confidence to mask how afraid he was, being just as afraid as everyone else.

He did all this to show Simon how to man up and realize his potential, because Kamina knew that he wasn't the one for the job.

He didn't believe in himself, so he lacked any spiral power, so he believed so strongly in Simon so he could have faith in himself in a backwards way.

The way he presents himself makes him seem like a distant d**k, but he really has the best intentions, though he goes about them in weird ways. Like how he comes back and saves everyone in the end.

Sorry, I didn't mean he was a d**k to Simon. He's a d**k to everyone else. He really doesn't lead the Gurren Brigade, so much they follow him and his manly charisma. He's more interested in finding his dad and going on wacky adventures with Simon than actually saving the world. Everything else I absolutely agree with.

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Virgil_Ashwood
Huuballawick
Virgil_Ashwood
So As I Pray
"I didn't like that kamina died and other characters had to develop! Let's get overly attached to a character who barely develops himself instead of the ones that actually go through changes!"

If you look closely, Kamina was a d**k. Sure an awesome d**k with crazy charisma, but he didn't give a damn about anyone else really. Not like Simon who actually ended up caring about the people he was fighting with and looking towards the future.

Kamina didn't die for no reason, it was planned and designed to set up for the real main character, which was not Kamina. And it's not like he died like a punk, that episode is easily the high point of the whole series and could have ended there if it wanted to. But it doesn't, there's more story to tell and more awesome to get through.

He really did care about Simon, though. The whole reason he believed so much in him was because he had this inferiority complex. He used bravado and over-confidence to mask how afraid he was, being just as afraid as everyone else.

He did all this to show Simon how to man up and realize his potential, because Kamina knew that he wasn't the one for the job.

He didn't believe in himself, so he lacked any spiral power, so he believed so strongly in Simon so he could have faith in himself in a backwards way.

The way he presents himself makes him seem like a distant d**k, but he really has the best intentions, though he goes about them in weird ways. Like how he comes back and saves everyone in the end.

Sorry, I didn't mean he was a d**k to Simon. He's a d**k to everyone else. He really doesn't lead the Gurren Brigade, so much they follow him and his manly charisma. He's more interested in finding his dad and going on wacky adventures with Simon than actually saving the world. Everything else I absolutely agree with.

I don't think he is so much a d**k as much as he is not really thinking about the other people when he does things. He just does things spur of the moment without thinking of consequences.

Kamina didn't really want to save the world, he just wanted to find something challenging to do and then just do it and see what happens,but everything else I agree with.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Huuballawick
Virgil_Ashwood
Huuballawick
Virgil_Ashwood
So As I Pray

I don't think he is so much a d**k as much as he is not really thinking about the other people when he does things. He just does things spur of the moment without thinking of consequences.

Kamina didn't really want to save the world, he just wanted to find something challenging to do and then just do it and see what happens,but everything else I agree with.

That's kinda the definition of being a d**k though.
finally someone agrees that samurai champloo's ending was very unsatisfactory. there probably wasn't any more they could do with it since, you know, fuu achieved what she sought out to find.

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Naruto didn't end yet, but I don't care. I would bring Neji back to life and kill off Tenten. She's useless.

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Winniwyn
Huuballawick
Virgil_Ashwood
Huuballawick
Virgil_Ashwood
So As I Pray

That's kinda the definition of being a d**k though.

He wasn't ignoring everyone else intentionally, which would constitute him being a d**k. He was so caught up in his bravado that he lost sight of everything else, but when Simon snaps him back into it, it shows that he was just really not paying attention and letting his fighting spirit get the best of him.

If he was really a d**k, he would intentionally ignore everyone and only see to his own benefit, but he helped out everyone else all the time. It's just when it came to battling, he got lost in the heat of battle. Not that he was being a d**k.

Profitable Businesswoman

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Huuballawick

I didn't like the fact that Kamina died in Gurren Lagann at all. That ruined it for me, but it was something that pressed the story forward. It still made me really sad. I would have kept him alive, but just severely wounded and unable to fight for a while. Also Nia.

Gurren Lagann:
I didn't enjoy Kamina's death either, and then they just added Nia in there to replace him. He could have at least lasted 10 episodes. And at times, I found Nia really annoying. And with Kamina's death, Yoko really didn't have anyone...

Anohana:
Let's see... I also wasn't much of a fan of Toradora. I felt like they rushed a bit on the ending.

Free!:
Another ending to a great series was rushed.
The entire second half of Tiger and Bunny.

Just erase it, for the love of all things holy.
~~~✯~~~User Image ~~~✯~~~

07 Ghost: The ending is was very rushed and quite random.
Teito disappeared for 2 years and was reincarnated. It was just so...out of nowhere.
This series had so much potential for a great climactic ending, but it seems the author just gave up at the last hurdle.
Descendants of Darkness: While the events leading up the the ending were fantastic, it ended up leaving with a "what happens next" scene.
I understand that the manga is not finished and was on hiatus for a while, but I still would have liked to see something that you could call a proper ending.
Maybe a heart to heart between Tsuzuki and Hisoka? At least it would have left off with a feel good factor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
.hack//Sign
They should've have showed the final battle
surprised I haven't seen Evangelion posted yet.

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
RayearthNinja
surprised I haven't seen Evangelion posted yet.

It's sort of an unspoken fact that Evangelion had a bad ending. Nobody really needs to point it out.

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
Even though it's not an anime, it's still Anime-styled.

Corpse party.

We may never know, right now, that is, if anyone who died will come back... Sakutaro should stay not creepy, though.
How it should end (Assuming): The Original PC Ending - with everyone alive.

Anime-wise...

I will have to say School days (of course), even though I NEVER seen it, but heard about the ending.
How should it end: School days : The pretty much Good Ending without any blood, gore, violence or any other Bull crap edition

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
There was an anime movie out a few years ago called Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic mirror. It was a pretty bad movie, but the worst thing about it was easily the ending.

You want to see my rant about this piece of work, and what I would have done to change the ending, you can find it here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff