Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Phantom

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I can't choose such a hard decision for me, but I'd say wing, 00 and SEED/Destiny. All 3 have different meanings behind them, although they all revolve around war, its very interesting seeing the different characters that fight against it ^^
>Destiny
Get a load of this guy.

Proper answer is Zeta.

Pure-hearted Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I never been watch any gundams...

But I watch Gundam Build Fighters Try (is it still count as gundam?)
Well.... fanservices is good enough for me

Shame I miss the S1, as GBFT is S2...

Questionable Conversationalist

I'd preface with a joke about how Gundam Seed is terrible but I don't want to because someone else will come and say all those points anyway~

My favorite defaults to Gundam Seed, it's story wasn't anything special and for a time it almost comes off as just straight up "fighting is bad, pacifism is pure and good and ideal!" which is pretty lame but when you switch your focus from the story to mainly rest on the characters I found it much more enjoyable and that's when I became a member of the Seed cult and obsessively collect merchandise from it.

Kira Yamato is honestly a lot of fetish fuel for me and so was his crying...so...the only times he annoyed me was when his absolute stubbornness to fight when needed rivaled the annoyance of Umineko's Battler refusing to believe in witches. But Lacus Clyne and by extension Meer Campbell carried the series (and Destiny) for me.
I find Kira's break from timid slaughter machine by 'force' to calculated Kira Jesus Yamato interesting in an empathetic way because Kira came off as a way too sheltered kid (which makes sense because Caridad and Papa Yamato probably wanted to keep his entire existence on the DL growing up) forced into doing something he seriously doesn't want to do and goes against his neutrality and character and haunts him and breaks him...and in two years after Seed he's a quiet, serious knight of a soldier. He kind of breaks my heart, I wish I knew more about the teenage boy that liked computers and code and how he spent time with his friends and how he reacted to racism all before his innocence was taken away. Idk it's like 3am and I can't articulate my feelings as well for him.

But Lacus...oh boy.
She's just, she's a queen of layers that I came to appreciate more with time. You think she's just a vapid little girl but you fail to realize that despite her idol and celebrity status, she's the daughter of a very important politician and leader and in only a few months time manages to build her own military faction and sway soldiers to her side. She's had to have grown up with strict schooling and she's had to have built a charisma and persona and I feel her gentle elegant visage is constructed to suit those around her. She doesn't like violence, she wants to sway others with words and gentle actions. But the closer to the war she gets, she realizes that's not enough and she sits in the captain's chair of a warship, her boyfriend is an ultimate soldier who wrapped himself around the tip of her finger, she (debatable) becomes a stand in or the actual Chairwoman/Queen of a space kingdom, and manages to maintain a highly positive public image and relations. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing content to graze grass and protect the herd because she can and I love her for it.

And Meer...I just...I have so many feelings for Meer and all of them end with me picking her up and putting her in a safe warm place. Meer-Hate and slut shaming make me so sad, most people that dislike her don't seem to get her or to have even tried to. She wanted to try so hard, she wanted so badly to be important and to matter and she loved so much...it's Wakaba's episode from the Black Rose Saga all over again for me. Meer is just so tragic, I wish things had been different...from how it ended...

idk that's my nonsensical 3am sleep deprived ranting for some of the biggest reasons I care about Gundam Seed to call it my favorite. I am a trash princess, Gundam Seed is my tinfoil crown.

Beloved Sex Symbol

11,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
00 and Seed
Setsuna and Athrun need i say more
unawakaned
I never been watch any gundams...

But I watch Gundam Build Fighters Try (is it still count as gundam?)
Well.... fanservices is good enough for me

Shame I miss the S1, as GBFT is S2...

The whole series is uploaded, both seasons, on youtube for free by the official distributor: GundamInfo. You can watch S1 anytime.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

The UC timeline is my personal preference, and Zeta Gundam is my favorite. As an extension of that, Kamille is my favorite protagonist.
I just really enjoyed watching Kamille grow and mature as a character, he really came into his own.
I didn't expect to love Kamille as much as I did, but I was really touched by how much change he went through and all the strides he took despite the hardships.
I also enjoyed Zeta for the returning characters Char and Amuro. Char as Quattro the mentor figure was really interesting.
I was really drawn in watching Char struggle with this new identity and the expectations of others.
I felt like it was the height of his character development. He was still in a lot of ways that petty jerk from 0079, but it was interesting seeing him try to separate himself from "Char Aznable".
Even though ultimately, he couldn't and even after finally giving in and becoming the leader of the AEUG like everyone wanted... welp, we all know how that turned out.
Amuro's struggle with PTSD and what it means to be a pilot was also heart breaking... I felt so bad watching him try to step up and be that "hero" everyone expects a war vet to be.
His interaction with Kamille and Char was also really great, in meeting his "successor" as well as his "old rival".
I practically fell over backwards when Kamille essentially told Amuro to quit letting Beltorchika give him a** pats and take responsibility for himself. Fantastic.
Char and Amuro's conversation about Lalah was poignant too. You'd think one or the other would be over it but NOPE Lalah's still relevant and still a catalyst for bull s**t to come.

Zeta's side characters and love interests were largely weak and downright irritating, but the strong core cast makes up for it.
The politics were also largely interesting, and the villains were great. I love to hate 'em. Great great villains.
Also, the setting and music is to die for. Especially the sound track, uggghhhhh it's like magic in my ears.

And the fact that Zeta gave me Quattro, the best Char, and the Hyaku Shiki, the best MS, well... that's just wonderful.

Shopper

The only gundam i've really watched is code geass ;c

9,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
G Gundam- simple and genuine fun of the story, with the addition of the manly Domon; I enjoyed the tournament style battles the series had to offer.

Conservative Lunatic

My favorite gundam series is the 8th mobile suit team. Its a little on the short side but it feels to me as the best look at what fighting a war would be like for the average mobile suit pilot.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
00 because I like Setsuna
Build Fighters because the fights are awesome.
Build Fighters Try because of the fights as well.
I like anything UC.

The original - can't go wrong.

08th MS Team - I really enjoyed this one, as well as the characters. Shiro and Aina make a great couple.

0080 - I remember enjoying it, although it's been a long time since I watched it.

0083 - One of my all-time favorites. I liked the Gundams as well as the the struggle between Kou and Gato.

Zeta Gundam - great cast and character development, as mentioned above.

ZZ - I actually liked some aspects of it. Although is seemed a bit too lighthearted and silly, it has it's moments. The spark between Judau and Haman was quite interesting. I didn't care for Judau's Shanghai-La friends and the chaos they brought to the Argama and the character development was a little questionable for some characters as well, along with some minor plot holes.

Char's Counterattack - Legendary.

UC Unicorn - I really wanted more than the seven episodes. Liked the characters, especially Marida Cruz. Awesome soundtrack. The Kshatriya is one of my favorites.
G Gundam. That series had the most Gar characters ever (Master Asia particularly).

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Wing and Unicorn
I'm a big fan of gundam. But I would say 00 and origins caught my interest more then the others. The new one that just came out isn't too bad either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff