Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
death note fans who think that it is the smartest thing ever written.

Extragalactic Cosmonaut

The "OMG!!! YAOI ISN'T HENTAI U BAKA!!!!" weeaboo types.
Yaoi is hentai stop deluding yourselves. (And inserting Japanese words into English speech is obnoxious. Improperly used at that, I might add.)
But what gets me most is when people glorify rape, sexism, abuse, racism, and even the holocaust within the fanbase. It's disgusting.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Mjjfan10
Yaoi is hentai stop deluding yourselves. (And inserting Japanese words into English speech is obnoxious. Improperly used at that, I might add.)
But what gets me most is when people glorify rape, sexism, abuse, racism, and even the holocaust within the fanbase. It's disgusting.

their is holocaust manga?
Jin_of_the_thunder
Mjjfan10

Sexy Nazis will always be a thing.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mjjfan10
I say like 2 japanese words. one being yata just cause i play a lot of japanese fighters where they yell it upon winning. *im looking your way chun-li*

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

NETORAREMAN
Jin_of_the_thunder
Mjjfan10

Sexy Nazis will always be a thing.

Is it possible to like the uniforms but not condone their practices or ideals?
NETORAREMAN
User Image

My dream girl emotion_kirakira

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Just_Oneofakind
People whining about fanservice....although it's been around since the 80s. Ranma 1/2, I'm looking at you.

It's been around even longer than that.

Anyway, I hate when "those people" act entitled and get pissed when otome games get licensed, as if we're not allowed to enjoy otome games. It's a very special ocassion for fans, and then they have to act entitled and b***h about it because these games were not tailor made for them. They get plenty, otome game fans should be allowed to enjoy what little we get.

Also, anime fans who disregard western animation really grinds my gears. Even the ones who say they like it but it's "never as complex as anime".

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
NETORAREMAN
User Image

User Image

Thanks biggrin . Now I know its not a taco...plus I actually imagine you looking like your sig whenever you post stuff.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Milady Alluca
People who think canon holds up any semblance of law in fanfiction and pairing play especially.
I dislike a lot about fandom and enjoy parts that can get someone made fun of pretty easily and that's why a lot of my fangirling is kept private with myself but whenever I see people whine about "X and Y are CLEARLY heterosexual males and X married Z-lady in episode 25! It's canon! WTF is up with these ******** fanfiction yaoi fangirls writing s**t about X and Y being gay."

Like...it's fanfiction. Did you miss the memo? They can do whatever they want and canon sexuality is really not the most important concern of a fanfiction writer. If anything ever fanfic is a proposed What If situation. Fanfiction draws from canon, it doesn't strive to be canon, that's kind of the opposite idea.

I dunno, I just get REALLY defensive for fanfiction, I've always loved those communities and the people involved and find a lot of opposition for it a bit uncalled for and if anything, so stupid to miss the memo and it draws back on the whole "you dislike this so much that you continually subject yourself to it to complain?" That's my soap box moment for the day.
TL;DR Fanfiction is meant to not follow canon, expecting otherwise is being dumb.

Yea fanfictions tend to stick a lot of characters with each other for little to know reasons. Two guys fall into each other in anime or manga. well clearly they like each other.

Hygienic Genius

People who demand to be represented just because one character may hint at a particular trait or may be of a certain ethnicity. If it's not happening, deal with it!

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
When fanmade couples don't make sense.(doesn't matter if rhe couple is straight, yaoi or yuri)

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nariana
People who demand to be represented just because one character may hint at a particular trait or may be of a certain ethnicity. If it's not happening, deal with it!
I don't understand this one. neutral
People who post threads in the AMC asking for outrageous gold payouts in return for designing avatars.

Hygienic Genius

Meta77
Nariana
I don't understand this one. neutral

Those underrepresented groups within the fandom who make petitions for characters to be made, get mad when other fans can't see canons straying from their current storyline or personality.

An example someone will probably get mad about: People always wanting there to be a gay character in Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. I always encounter people like this who think it's a travesty that all the characters are straight, despite the diverse cultures and backgrounds on the show. I'm not saying all people who support it and watch the show feel this strongly, but many I have met do, and it's really annoying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff