Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime=japanese animation

thats all there is too it. Most well known anime follow the big eyes, wierd/perfect hair, and wild actions but really, anything cartoonish made by the japanese is anime. I suppose anime style would just be big eyes, perfect bodies, and etc, whatever you seen in regular anime.
ipanema
Ey3Saw
Interesting post. I would like to note that anime and manga have developed different trends in clothing and hairstyles similiar to real life. Look at something like Cowboy Bebop. Spikes hair looks retro doesn't it? Not really in the cowboy western sorta way, but more like 80's early 90's hairstyles used in anime. I think this plays a major part in why different manga artists art looks so similiar in the end, when comparing to say, western animation.

I was under the impression that the very unrealistic hair styles and hair colors found in anime were a device to help differentiate the characters from on another because they tend to look so similar?

That is true, but was well away from my point. Sure they are unrealistic but that follow a trend, which does actually make the styles look similiar at any time period. If so much focus was on unrealistic hair and eyes to convey difference between characters they could do sooo much more. Actually I'm gonna use the Bebop example again, because each character and is quite distinct, however what they wear and how they look are completely exclusive to their own.

I think of gone of point here though, as I'm talking about within anime rather than seperate anime artists... ah well sweatdrop
one of the big diffrences between american and japinese anime is that there is more to japines anime plot lines than to most american plot lines
I've always thought that anime was classified as animation that comes from japan...
Nothing because is unpredictible.
Generally, it's anything animated from Japan.
i think the difference in Japanese and American animation is those indicators they use for certain things happening to the characters. For example, the American cartoons use lightbulbs over their characters' heads as an indicator that the cartoon has an idea, or when stars float around a head meaning a head injury followed by confusion. In anime, they have the sweat drop to show exasperation and the vein to show anger.
wow really long posts
~bump~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas