Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Seeker

3,725 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Have you ever ask yourself: how much anime changed your life? 

For us an otaku, knows too well, that anime is not like a simple cartoon that is designed to merely entertain the watcher. Several anime masterpieces are created, not just to entertain, but to change people’s lives; they are made to give insights that moves the viewer’s heart. In your life what is the impact of this animes Have you ever ask yourself:how much anime changed your life?

share your story bout it  

Golden Spark

anime has blessed me of giving me a 2d goddess and i worship her every day
megami blessus animerica
For me, honestly it was Natsume Yuujinchou.
I wasn't the happiest kid around - I'm still not - but it reminded me that honestly, there are so many other people out there in the world who have it tougher than me.
And even though I know that Natsume is a fictional character, he's taught me so many things, like forgiving. And being nice to people, because you don't know anything about them or where they've come from. There's no reason to be mean to someone just because they have a disability, or they are different from you.

Aged Gekko

maid sama - this has changed my life to becoming more independent, strong minded etc
if i hadn't watched that anime, i would have not worked hard to get the grades i want
it also taught me that you dont need to have love a guy or have a boyfriend in order to be happy and it makes me confused why people are desperate for love at a young age

honestly if it wasnt for the host club (ohsch), tbh i wouldnt have realised who the hell i am.
that anime inspired me in many ways e.g. playing the piano
i learnt so many things just about life and friends in general that i can never ever forget. it has also taught me that you dont need to change yourself in order for people to like you

Ghibli films, mostly kiki's delivery service because it taught me to still keep having fun despite the fact that i'm getting older and will soon experience the 'adult life'
howl's moving castle b/c it made me realise that no one gives a ******** about your looks and there's more to adventures in this world, only if you look for it

k-on! taught to me to be grateful that i have a bunch of lovely friends that i've known for 5 years.

natsume's book of friends : exactly what Soujei said

and finally 'say i love you' made me realise that making friends is a lot harder than i taught and not everyone is going to meet your expectations or be your friend. it made me realise that some people are real dicks and that is something that i will have to experience and accept
Probably the entire Aria franchise. I watched it while my depression was essentially at rock bottom, and Akari's optimism made me more inclined to appreciate the people around me more and see the beauty in my surroundings. And even though the lessons of some of the episodes were pretty simplistic, they were still uplifting (ie: if you didn't make certain mistakes in life, you might've not discovered other wonderful things as a result). It's a really great series to watch when you're feeling down because it just makes you feel really hopeful and positive, pretty much.

Kawaii Shounen

Hate to admit but naruto was one of them,
at least hinata at that time, I related to her regarding her issues
being awkward towards people and the family.

Obsessive Warlord

bleach because i became a goddamn weeaboo and there's no escape

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Even though I already liked anime before/during middle school, nothing comes close to:

Tokyo Ghoul
Attack On Titan
Free!

Like srsly, I became a weeaboo again cause those 3.

Friendly Poster

4,525 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I guess I could go with Sailor Moon because she was the first anime girl who made me believe I could do anything. It didn't make me ashamed of being a little airheaded or loving to eat like Usagi. She still was a great person, great friend & had a great heart. It really stuck with me throughout my life.

Then DBZ has a special place because it taught me to never give up no matter what. Then a lot of Piccolo's words or wisdom like "You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are." It stuck with me.

Then also, I'm gonna agree with
bittersweet music

Hate to admit but naruto was one of them,
at least hinata at that time, I related to her regarding her issues
being awkward towards people and the family.

Naruto did have another big influence on my life for many different reasons.

Vermillion Phantom

13,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I was knighted by Bleach & Neon Genesis Evangelion

♫ There is something, that I ... ♫

User Image

Gundam Seed - for great plot for one thing - and also because of it's philosophy on fighting and war. I found that some of the quotes of what the main characters said to be inspiring, especially the one made by Lacus on the last few episodes. Watched the show since a kid, still one of the top for me.

And this I watched not too long ago, but have to say Inazuma Eleven. A kids anime, but has the usual emphasis on friendship, and also that will to never give up. Especially looking at the MC boy, the challenges he went through for a sport made me feel like my university days are nothing. Lol

User Image

♫ ... fear more than death
- T.F. Baam (ToG) ♫

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

One Piece began my 10-year-long-and-going-strong manga addiction. emotion_bigheart

User Image

Questionable Conversationalist

Sailor Moon definitely was an important life foundation blocks builder for me, but the show that has actually changed my life and perspectives and gave me eye opening moments was Revolutionary Girl Utena. While one of the best feminist shows I've seen, it's not JUST about girl power, it's about weakness, and growing up, and maturity, and healthy and unhealthy relationships, and how you see yourself and what you do to obtain your goals and how your relationships with those around you influence you and affect you.

Utena taught me you can have the best intentions and still be wrong. You can want and try to save someone from their demons - physical and emotional - but you ultimately CAN'T DO s**t for someone else. You can BE THERE, but you CAN'T BE THEM. Your gift and support can be to inspire them towards making their own choices (such as saving themselves from an abusive relationship), but you have to let them make and live through those choices themselves.

Also, you can be broken down and have everything ripped out from under your feet. You can give into weakness. You can be wrong or misguided or make bad decisions. But if you open your eyes, you can choose to grow from it and be a better stronger person for yourself and for others around you.

Utena taught me how to love myself and want to be better for myself and I've made little steps since the first time I watched it fully through about a year ago? And I think I've come a long way in my personal improvements and strengths.

also yay to the person that mentioned Gundam Seed - Neither Will Alone Nor Strength Alone Will Be Enough <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff