Welcome to Gaia! ::

I recomend the classics of My Neighbor: Totoro and Princess Mononoke by the brilliant Hayao Miazaki (probally misspelled a few things). I also recomend the Vampire Hunter D movies, Saiyuke (based on a very popular legend called "journey to the west" wink , and, of course, the popular ones like Trigun, Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Ruroni Kenshin/Samuri X (they are the same thing). I hope this helps you out.
TRIGUN DBZ YUGIOH AND YUYU HAKUSHO !!!! they are the best of the best
Fushigi Yuugi!
some the best anime to buy are cardcaptors, love hina, love hina again, steel angel karumi, bubblegum cisis 2040 and trigun

Hove-La-Famila!

H.L.F2K4
Shaman King, definately. Cute characters, fighting, and alot of comedy ( Chocolove!) and all of the chracters are unique! Same for Yugioh, but that more fantasy. I also hear Tokyo Mew Mew is good.
i like dirty pair flash, thats wicked! heart 3nodding blaugh
Hmm....that's a good question. Here are a few recommendations:

Fruits Basket (Romance/Comedy/Fantasy), Inu-yasha (Romance/Action/Horror/Comedy), Fushigi Yuugi (Romance/Action/Comedy), Last Exile (Mystery/Action/Scifi), Record of the Lodoss Wars (Action/Fantasy), Naruto (Action/Comedy) Full Metal Alchemist (Fantasy/Scifi/Action/Comedy), Hellsing (Horror/Action), Cowboy Bebop (Action/Scifi), Chrono Crusade (Fantasy/Action), Planet Ladder (Fantasy/Mystery/Action), Princess Mononoke (Fantasy/Action), Magic Knight Rayearth (Fantasy/Action/Comedy), Card Captor Sakura (Fantasy/Action/Comedy), Trigun (Scifi/Comedy/Action), b*****d (Fantasy/Horror/Comedy), X/1999 (Fantasy/Action/Mystery), Slayers (Fantasy/Action/Comedy) and that's all I can think of right now....I know there are more.

I would also recommend that you watch these in subtitles, not dubbed. And also, some of these you might have to download, or go to a book store and purchase as manga. At any rate, enjoy!!
First off, I recommend getting a DVD player first, so you won't have to fight yourself over picking dub or sub. Plus your anime will last longer and won't get those annoying track lines.

Depends on your tastes and the kind of content you can stand.

Lupin is an old series but a good watch, it's one of those series where there's a lot of filler so it doesn't matter where you start as long as you watch the first episode to understand. Some parts contain graphic sexuality just to warn you.

If you liked Tokyo Movie Shinsha's animation with Tiny Toons or Animaniacs, then I also recommend getting or renting the Lupin movies such as Castle of Caligstro, Dragon of Doom, Fujiko's Unlucky Days or First Contact (sorry, I don't know if all these are domestic).

AIC's offerings can be classic, such as the original Bubblegum Crisis, Moldiver, Tenchi Muyo or Burn Up (not Warrior, Excess or Scramble, just the original). Mostly due to the visual style and good usage of color.

Series based on Rumiko Takahashi's manga can run for a long time and I'd only recommend finishing if you're that devoted. These series are Urusei Yatsura if you're into 80s vintage, Ranma 1/2 if you want sex comedy or Inuyasha if you want something epic. Of course there's also Rumic Theatre, Mermaid's Forest and Maison Ikkoku.

Also if you like fantasy or medieval settings, there's "Those who Hunt Elves", Lodoss War, Slayers, Berserk and the OVA adaptions of the video games Fire Emblem (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems) Ys and Legend of the Heroes (both Nihon Falcom). There's also Orphen but I got bored of that series quickly.

Actually, I'll make a list. Most of this stuff is licensed or stuff I haven't watched but was interested in watching and ranges from age group.

Azumanga Daioh (comedy)
Excel Saga (heppoko or parody)
Steel Angel Kurumi (historic fiction/comedy)
Please Save My Earth (drama/fantasy)
Full Metal Panic (action/comedy/drama)
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (drama)
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (sci-fi)
Naruto (shounen or adventure with young males in mind)
KareKano (licensed as 'His and Her Circumstances', a romance drama)
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu (comedy)
Scryed (sci-fi)
Love Hina (sex comedy/drama)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (sci-fi/drama)
Pretty Sammy/Magical Project S (Magical Girl)
GeneShaft (sci-fi)
Argentosoma (sci-fi)
Battle Athletes (Sci-fi/Sports)
Lain (Technological Drama)
Niea_7 (sci-fi/comic drama)
Tsukikage Ran (historic fiction/drama/comedy)
Rurouni Kenshin (historic fiction/drama/action)
Spirit of Wonder (historic fiction/drama)
Aoi Yori Aoshi (romance comedy/drama)
Hana Yori Dango (romance comedy/drama)

If you have bittorrent and a broadband connection, here are some fansubs of series I recommend

Aishiteruze Baby
Keroro Gunsou (Sergeant Frog)
Midori no Hibi
Uninhabited Planet Survive
Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak
Konomimi
i don't really know..not everyone likes the same...i like fun stuff like love hina and chobits.....and sailormoon that aren't really much but comedy....>.<...
SHAMAN KING scream
Love Hina hahaha This 18 year old becomes the manager for an all girls dorm its so funny!
looks like you have a huge list to chose from. saiyuki is a good one too.
i would suggest outlaw star, blue seed, love hina,chobits

The Committee Staff Noob

I would recomend InuYasha for my opinon, but Tokyo Mew Mew I seen ITSY BITSY parts of it and the voices are good, story line, good, etc. etc. Miyazaki stuff is OK, but I would recomend My Neighbour Totoro, its a classic and awesome Anime! Rayearth is aslo good, but not the greatest... Card Captor Sakura is another one that I like. I also like Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar, I haven't seen the Anime, but it looks great! biggrin
his and her circumstances , fushigi yuugi, fruits basket, witch hunter robin, somedays dreamer, angelic layer, weiss kruz, wedding peach, and comic party blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff