Welcome to Gaia! ::

EDIT: Stupid double post. stressed Guess I'll turn it into something different... sweatdrop

Yes, it's true, a lot of magical girl series have similarities. Try Mahou no Princess Minky Momo, Creamy Mami, Hime-chan no Ribon, Super Doll Licca-Chan, or Akazukin Chacha. sweatdrop

Ohh..I didn't know Wedding Peach was licensed. No wonder we keep seeing threads about it. Is it on Adult Swim or something now?
Bchan
Xx-akiko-xX
i think wedding peach is better cuz sailor moon is OLD!!

Wow, that's a real good reason not to like a series stare

That and both series had video games on the Super Famicom (SNES in the West) console stare If Sailor Moon is too old for you, then how is Wedding Peach any different?
go saliormoon
crying Mmmmmmmm..... damn... is not easy stressed
Sailor Moon vs Weeding Peach....
I like mucho that anime...
i like wedding peach better
no because they came out at the same time in japan then sailor moon came over first so dont say that
I choose Wedding Peach because I don't like Sailor Moon... stare
I like them both. Yes, they both have some of the same themes, but they also have some of the people who worked on both series! Of course they're gonna look alike! Plus, Jama-P used to be evil, while Luna was good before the series started. There are 9 Sailor Senshi and there are 4 Love Angels (somebody told me it was 5, but I didn't see her yet...) In Sailor Moon, it's not until the absolute end of the series that we find out who was sending out all the bad guys (remember, Chaos was sending those other...uh, beings back through time). In Wedding Peach, we knew from the start that Rain DeVilla (crap, I've seen her name spelled so many ways xp ) is directing her generals to destroy the Love Angels. At least give it a chance and read a little before bashing it. That's what I did.
Because, you see, Sailor Moon was my first anime too.

Eloquent Genius

3,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
here i go again... anyways,

scream PEOPLE, DONT HATE WEDDING PEACH BECAUSE THEY LOOK ALIKE! YOU ARE INSULTING THE AUTHOR AND THE FANS WHO LIKE IT!!! scream

stare Im a certified wedding peach AND sailormoon fan. stressed Its TWO DIFFERENT anime that has TWO different stories. the only reason that it looks so alike is that the character designer was the same as Sailor moon's! gonk dont hate it because of what it looked like! please!!
DO NOT HATE THIS ANIME...

I love them both and i think that Naoko takeushi-sama would hate to see us Wedding peach and Sailormoon fans argue about this issue...

Some differences :

Sailormoon Main plot : about the moon kingdom (based on past life)
Wedding peach plot : about the war of good and evil

Usagi =/= momoko

Momoko WAS NEVER usagi! get it? there's a HUGE difference! gah... they are alike at some points... but try watching the story of Momoko... the story is pretty much different

Rei =/= Hinagiku

no... theyre not alike! look at the hair!!! sheesh... and rei practices meditaton... hinagiku practices martial arts... different things...

Ami =/= Yuri

wha???? who told me this? i dunno... but however... NO WAY! this two are NOT the same... ami is more intellectual than yuri who's mostly fasionable more than smart...

Take my word folks, but please dont judge Wedding peach. there's just more to it than that it looks a hell like sailormoon... (Tell the character designer she's made a BIG fight...) sad
It always bothers me to see magical girl anime always pitted against Sailor Moon. Wedding Peach looks similar to Sailor Moon, but most magical girl anime do, it's the genre. It's like saying Gundam is just like Robotech (take your pick of any of the three original series) or Rayearth even (the OVA) because there are giant robots in it. It doesn't make sense.
I don't like Sailor Moon anymore, I watched when I was around 4, so heck.
Anyway, I don't know anything about Wedding Peach, but I remember hearing people talk about it once, so I went to a place where the description was, and it did sound VERY similiar to Sailor Moon, whether Wedding Peach is a rip off of Sailor Moon, or Sailor Moon is a rip off Wedding Peach, I have no idea, I leave it up to you, but before you say anything, compare the dates of when they were released in Japan (not in the States, they normally release the most popular one first) so you decide, and even that does not mean anything.
I'd never heard of it before this thread. Once seeing those pics though... I agree with almost everyone else who posted.

I suppose I shouldn't judge it until I see it though. Not that I will ever see it. sweatdrop
SAILOR MOON ALL THE WAY

Clockwork Alchemist

34,775 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • ...to every story! 25
  • Low-Rank Private 25
Black_Rose69
SAILOR MOON ALL THE WAY

Could you possibly give reasons as to why you like Sailormoon more?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff