Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noble Shade

4,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Its taking forever, does anyone know when season 2 is coming out? I've heard a couple people say in Jaunary and some say March.
I heard due to budget issues , not in till 2016

Noble Shade

4,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Noble Shade 100
well thats sad.. Q_Q
ChiroSumazika

Bullcrap, there is so much merch for that show, they've got to be rolling in it.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
They just announced that the second season's been canceled... Budget issues, as Chiro mentioned.

Don't feel bad though... The live action movie's trailer looks awesome!

Devoted Wench

9,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
It's supposed to be coming out in 2016 but fortunately there's a ton of side stuff to entertain oneself in between.

-There's the spin off episodes showing what the cadets did during their training days.
-The two part OVA spin-off about Levi that's based on the visual novel that also has a manga series.
-The prequel manga, "Before the Fall" that's based on the novel.
-The gag chibi shorts that's about 9-10 episodes.
-The two live action movies.
-The visual novel detailing Annie's life as an MP; "Wall Sina, Goodbye".
-The novel going more in depth about Mikasa and Annie; "Lost Girls".
-The OVA showing the last moments of a Scouting Corps. member who successfully communicated with a titan.
-The gag spin-off manga that takes place in high school.
-The video games.

Besides what I've listed so far, there's probably a bunch of other stuff that I either can't remember off the top of my head or I don't know even exists yet. There are ways to keep entertained. I'm almost more excited to see what they pump out next since they're drilling that well for all it's worth.
D1g1t4l_Ash
ChiroSumazika

Bullcrap, there is so much merch for that show, they've got to be rolling in it.
welp thats what's I heard.
AtropaLubov
Its taking forever, does anyone know when season 2 is coming out? I've heard a couple people say in Jaunary and some say March.

I can't wait for season 2 of Attack on Titan! smile
ChiroSumazika
D1g1t4l_Ash
ChiroSumazika

Oh, I'm not trying to discredit you. I just think it's a yarn they're spinning to build on the hype. I mean l look at this!

Nanaran
-There's the spin off episodes showing what the cadets did during their training days.
-The two part OVA spin-off about Levi that's based on the visual novel that also has a manga series.
-The OVA showing the last moments of a Scouting Corps. member who successfully communicated with a titan.
-The video games.

They're is no way they're in need of more cash.
D1g1t4l_Ash
ChiroSumazika
D1g1t4l_Ash
ChiroSumazika

Oh, I'm not trying to discredit you. I just think it's a yarn they're spinning to build on the hype. I mean l look at this!

Nanaran
-The video games.

Just because something did "well" over here doesn't mean that it did well in Japan.
DanyTheMe
D1g1t4l_Ash
ChiroSumazika
D1g1t4l_Ash
ChiroSumazika

Nanaran
-The video games.

Just because something did "well" over here doesn't mean that it did well in Japan.

I think they're doing okay.

Shy Informer

ChiroSumazika

I could have sworn I heard 2015. Not 2016.
D1g1t4l_Ash
DanyTheMe
D1g1t4l_Ash
ChiroSumazika
D1g1t4l_Ash

Nanaran
-The video games.

I think they're doing okay.

Again, just because a show seems successful over here, doesn't mean it did that well back home. I'm not saying that the show wasn't a hit, it just wasn't hitting the kind of numbers to get renewed right away. Producing animation is expensive. High quality animation at a faster production rate is even more expensive. I'm just telling you why. I really don't see why you'd think that they would purposefully delay the release of a show that was profitable enough to prioritize in the first place.

Devoted Wench

9,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I'm highly doubtful that something as lucrative as AoT would have budget trouble as well. After looking around on-line I can't find any sources reporting the cancellation of season two. Only "he said, she said" here and there with no sources about the rumor which is all I think it is-a rumor.

AoT is INSANELY popular in its home country of Japan right now with products out the wazoo from action figures and supplementary material to an attraction at Universal Studios Japan and a "museum exhibit" where they have things on display from the series as if they were an actual part of history. Last I checked, the manga was also the number one or two sold book in Japan for 2014.

Until I see an official statement from Wit Studio or Isayama or something I think the cancellation of season two is just a rumor.

Merry Bachelorette

Just looking forward to the season 2 here. *watches the trailer*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas