Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm sure most of you here have quite a collection of anime and manga stuffs.
But don't you ever think that you're spending too much money on it all?
Every time I come back from a little shopping spree, I can't help but feel guilty from getting so many things...
I think maybe in all the three years I've liked anime, I've spent more than $2,000 on it all!
How am I gonna live life if my obsession grows?! gonk

Discuss:
- Do you think the prices for anime/manga and related things are fair?
- Do you spend too much on it?
- How much has your collection cost you?
- ... And other stuffs. o.o
You're right, I've spent over 800$ on DVD's alone....
I used to pay full price for my anime all the time. How silly of me.

I buy online, either used or new at a much cheaper price than the usual $30 a DVD. I usually pay around $15 for a DVD.

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
I spend 2000$ on anime/DVD's and manga ..
.Ha.ru.ko.
I'm sure most of you here have quite a collection of anime and manga stuffs.
But don't you ever think that you're spending too much money on it all?
Every time I come back from a little shopping spree, I can't help but feel guilty from getting so many things...
I think maybe in all the three years I've liked anime, I've spent more than $2,000 on it all!
How am I gonna live life if my obsession grows?! gonk

Discuss:
- ... And other stuffs. o.o

-Yes, I think the prices for Anime and Manga are completely fair
-No, I spend an average amount of money, I don't go wild with it.
-Over the years, my collection has most likely cost around $300 Canadian.
ive already spent 200$ and i just started to buy it!
Things that have a cult following will usually be more than less popular or more mainstream entertainment. Example: The first Star Trek season is about one hundred dollars because there are plenty of Trekkies that are willing to pay that price for it. Most sitcoms, like Fraiser or Friends will only be 30-40 dollars a season.

Manga really isn't expensive at all. American graphic novles can be twice as much.
o yeah...i've spent housands on anime, manga, plushies, wall scrolls, posters, and anything else i can get my hands on the have my favorite animes on them!!!
ive spent 1000$ in Japan on manga, katana, and anime goods games also....
ive spent over 1000 dollars worth of anime stuff..... but only a few dvdz cuz there so darn expensive
I think everything is priced pretty fair (few exceptions).

It's not necassarily the prices of the items, it's just you going on a crazed "money" spree buying many many things.

I have liked anime/manga for about 6 years now, and I've only spent between 300-600$ all those years. Buying a manga every month or 2 isn't all that pocket money hindering.

In Canada (where I live) generally a manga is 20.00$ (including tax), anime DVD's range from 24.99-50$ (Boxsets are way above a 100$ usually).
(.Ha.ru.ko., your avatar is awesome.)

I think sometimes the prices are jacked up waaay too much. I think asking $10.00 for one non-color manga volume is too much. And I just bought a volume of 'Chrono Crusade' for a freidns B-day, which cost me $30. Kind of annoying, seeing as it only had four episodes on it.
Hoo boy, yeah. -_-
Well over $1000, I'm sure.
I actually added up everything I bought within the last four years and it cost me a little over $5,000. O.o
It does cost too much, but there's an easy solution.
They need to make stuff cheaper (and I need to start buying off eBay or something sweatdrop )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff