Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Explorer

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Gender Swap 100
I read quite a bit of the manga but i think I'm going to drop it. I dropped the show after a few episodes too.

I'll spoiler why it sucked.

As the the anime, they censor all the gore. At first I was just going to deal with it, accepting it as an artistic choice. But blurred out stuff? Black bars covering up gore? What the hell?

As for the manga and the anime, I was interested when Kaneki first became a ghoul and it was interesting watching him cope with it. I felt really bad for him when he was discovering that he couldn't eat anything anymore. I felt good that he found a haven where he could actually get support as a half ghoul, half human. I liked seeing his struggles as he, a human, got thrust into living as a monster. And then everything went to s**t.

It's like the author said, "******** it!" and just turned him into a generic white-hair. It's like they just wanted to change him but instead of making it gradual character development they just shoe-horned in the new Kaneki and erased the old one. And what problems is white hair Kaneki having? What struggle is there now? NONE.

He has no trouble with anything now. He's not afraid of anything or anyone. He'll eat people all day long and not think anything of it. Before, Kaneki stood out in the show as the focal point. He was a stone in the chaotic river that was the plot. Now he's just like any other ghoul. He blends in with it just like any other character. There is no struggle anymore. I have the same problem with Kusanagi from GITS; she may be in a gun fight with robots and super cyborgs. But what danger is she in? NONE. She doesn't even feel pain.

Being bad a** literally makes Kaneki boring.

There's still problems with Kaneki after he went all "Kaneki badass mode!" Oh...Gourmet.
Don't want to go into too much detail XD

1) i suck at explaining
2) i'd probably spoil everything

Anyways...

User Image

User Image

User Image

Lonely Lunatic

comettraffic
Metal Fennrir
Meh. Not good. Couldn't finish it, it was unbearable to compare it with the manga.
Will finish the manga, tho.

User ImageI haven't seen the anime. Is it anything like blood C and Another?

That sig... I must know the title of that anime haha

Nothing close to Blood C nor Another. Nothing at all

Plastic Nee-san

Shy Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
I kinda stopped at the 8th episode but so far, It's AWSOME! I would like to thanked my friend, Angela for suggesting this anime :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff