Fanboy 0.17083946980854 17.1% [ 116 ]
Sane 0.41826215022091 41.8% [ 284 ]
Total Votes:[ 679 ]
This poll closed on April 9, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

KDASH4000

Tip Number 5:
Lay off the Yaoi and Yuri!! Now, I have nothing against gay/lesbian relationships, in fact, I am bi-sexual my self, but if the creator of an anime or game wanted to have his/her characters displayed in such ways he/she would have done so him/her self! Dont disgrace the anime or game with the moronic pairings of it's characters...I mean...since when would Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami make a good couple!? Because they are enemies!? HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK!?

Opposits attract, somepeople whor exact opposits make great couples.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
*adds one more name to the list of intelligence in A/M/C*

Well done, well done. Unfortunately, most of the people that need to see this message will never read it.
Lord Volk
KDASH4000

Tip Number 5:
Lay off the Yaoi and Yuri!! Now, I have nothing against gay/lesbian relationships, in fact, I am bi-sexual my self, but if the creator of an anime or game wanted to have his/her characters displayed in such ways he/she would have done so him/her self! Dont disgrace the anime or game with the moronic pairings of it's characters...I mean...since when would Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami make a good couple!? Because they are enemies!? HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK!?

Opposits attract, somepeople whor exact opposits make great couples.

Well, yeah, it is commonly known that opposites make great couples, but not when one of them wants the other dead! I definetly should have been more clear with that tip....heh, sorry

I am glad that I could make you happy Keels and btw, anyone that cares to speed up this convo with me can just talk to me on AIM
............i dont really no wut 2 say sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop ....but i LUV anime heart heart heart heart heart ...(hey look the rhymed!!!lol... blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh )

Original Lunatic

... well... I believe people can say whatever the hell they want... if you like certian types of anime... that's fine.. some don't .. some do.. and if you want to say Japanese sayings.... that's fine too..... - - just PLEASE know how to use them properly.... if you say "kawaii" in front od a japanese person .... they're gonna look at you and inwardly theil just say ("what the hell is wrong with this kid.. are they MOCKING us?" wink ... - - .. just say "cute" ..
lilangeldevil
............I dont really know what to say sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop ....but I LOVE anime heart heart heart heart heart ...(hey look, that rhymed!!!lol... blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh )

Above is a perfect example of a fangirl....I also went ahead and corected the spelling of this person's post...

Aura Ishtar
... well... I believe people can say whatever the hell they want... if you like certian types of anime... that's fine.. some don't .. some do.. and if you want to say Japanese sayings.... that's fine too..... - - just PLEASE know how to use them properly.... if you say "kawaii" in front od a japanese person .... they're gonna look at you and inwardly theil just say ("what the hell is wrong with this kid.. are they MOCKING us?" wink ... - - .. just say "cute" ..

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if a Fanperson just went to Japan would get beat up pretty quick, since, you know, according to anime all Japanese can bust out super mega blasts and slice you in half with a sword that hasnt been used for thousand's of years.
I would cry out "labels are for soupcans" but such a trite statement would only recieve backlash.

There are plenty of non-fanpersons who are absolute idiots. Let's be equal oppurtunity elitists here.

While you made a valid point about the language switching (some of the words don't really translate to English, like seme, but running about saying Aishiteru is quite silly) I disagree with you about the fan pairings.
that guys right i hate people who start talking in a mixed language it makes them look stupid plus i like pie!
Good Stuff... eek
Dasern
I would cry out "labels are for soupcans" but such a trite statement would only recieve backlash.

There are plenty of non-fanpersons who are absolute idiots. Let's be equal oppurtunity elitists here.

While you made a valid point about the language switching (some of the words don't really translate to English, like seme, but running about saying Aishiteru is quite silly) I disagree with you about the fan pairings.

Yes, your are right, there are many non fanpeople here that act like complete morons as well, I shouldnt have restricted this to only fanpeople being morons...now, about the pairings thing, I really need to clear up what I was saying...

Now, I agree with "Love is Love" and other statements like that, but when you take a character and pair him/her up with a character that wants them dead just infuriates me, in the real world, no person would want to be paired up with someone that was a killer unless they truly loved them, and last time I played The King of Fighters, all of Iori's win quotes were directed to Kyo, saying that he was going to kill Kyo, or that he doesnt want to die until he kills Kyo, Pairings like that just dont make sense and frankly, if I were the creator of two characters like that and found out there was Yaoi fanfics and such about them, I would be a bit dissapointed in my fans...anyways, I'm sorry about any missinterpretation. And thats a cool sig btw, I saw another one that I liked addressing President Bush.
KDASH4000
Ok, I am a pretty big fan when it comes to Anime and Manga and any other type of media from Japan...but you fangirls and fanboys seriously need to use my advice from now on....

Tip Number 1:
Don't ever...EVER say the word or carry out the action of a "Glomp"
For one...the word is hideous...and also, you might as well join the football team and use these "glomps" because they seriously can hurt someone!

Tip Number 2:
If you speak any language...only speak in that language...dont mix in different words....
ex: Hello, I am a creepy fangirl, arent I "Kawaii"!?
NO! Dont use Japanese words in English sentences! Your butchering both languages and making yourself sound like a confused monkey.

Tip Number 3:
Tone down on the emoticons...only use them in forums like these...otherwise people are freely able to create their own hell spawn emoticons like so....

0_0==$%$#@%$#@%$#@5324435@#%$#@%3

That would be "Please help me, my arm has exploded and my eyes are next!"

Tip Number 4:
Learn about actual Japanese history before making yourself look like a moron...an example of one of these morons would be this girl I know...anything she's seen in an anime must have happened in Japan in her little world...

Tip Number 5:

In Conclusion
Please stop the existence of Fangirls and Fanboys...in other words...dont let Anime take over your life and make you stupid!

...Shut up. You're a loser who likes to state his opinion in a vulgular way just to piss people off. Go home and leave Gaia forever.
I think that you should let people act how they feel like acting. If you don't like fangirls or fanboys, just ignore them and move on! We have fun acting this way, so I don't see the big deal.

Most of us don't act this way in real life, actually. stare
Personally, I couldn't care less about fangirs or fanboys. And I don't think that you should care either. If you hate them, ignore them. Its not that hard.
You make excellent points, I commend you on your efforts. But you shouldn't lecture people y'know!! biggrin
KDASH4000
Dasern

Yes, your are right, there are many non fanpeople here that act like complete morons as well, I shouldnt have restricted this to only fanpeople being morons...now, about the pairings thing, I really need to clear up what I was saying...

Now, I agree with "Love is Love" and other statements like that, but when you take a character and pair him/her up with a character that wants them dead just infuriates me, in the real world, no person would want to be paired up with someone that was a killer unless they truly loved them, and last time I played The King of Fighters, all of Iori's win quotes were directed to Kyo, saying that he was going to kill Kyo, or that he doesnt want to die until he kills Kyo, Pairings like that just dont make sense and frankly, if I were the creator of two characters like that and found out there was Yaoi fanfics and such about them, I would be a bit dissapointed in my fans...anyways, I'm sorry about any missinterpretation. And thats a cool sig btw, I saw another one that I liked addressing President Bush.

Thank you very much for liking my signature. The addressing President Bush one was also quite lovely.

The main problem I see with going against the pairings are that ALL fanfictions in some way will go against the characters. They wouldn't have the same speech pattern, the same dislikes, etc. no matter how hard the author tried to make their work in the image of the anime. A pairing is just a logical extension of this trend. It must be touching for the creator to see that the fans have loved their characters so much as to pair them together, and devoted the amount of time needed to do so. Also, its free publicity. There are certain people (Anne McAffery, J.K. Rowlings) who have specifically stated that no such pairings should be allowed. In that case, I think it quite low for someone to go against their opinion. However, in cases of anime, where few of the creators have come out against it, I think it's a nice stress-relieving and thoroughly amusing manner to show your appreciation for a series.

And at the very least, it's much better than putting together real people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff