Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Genius

7,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Well it just came out about a month ago and so far there are only 4 episodes. So far I really like it and its very interesting.... Its practically about

Yuki Sanada is a high school boy who lives with his grandmother. His grandmother's job causes them to have to move around Japan constantly, making Yuki unable to form any lasting friendships or helpful social skills. Whenever he is afraid or nervous, he makes a hideous face that causes others to think he's angry. Upon their arrival to the island of Enoshima, he meets a strange boy named Haru, who is a new transfer student as well and claims he's an alien. While out walking, Haru carries a fish in a bowl on his head and shoots people in the face with a strange water gun. Haru somehow persuades Yuki's grandmother to let him live with them in their large new house, making Yuki uncomfortable. The two also meet a secluded young fisher, Natsuki Usami, nicknamed "The Fishing Prince". An Indian boy named Akira watches Haru from a distance with his duck Tapioca.

It really reminds me of Mawaru Penguindrum mostly for its art style and uniqueness. And kind of like kimi to boku.

I dont know if that many people watch it yet but if you do id love to hear what you think lol

User Image

Dapper Ladykiller

Eh, it's not nearly as awesome as Mawaru Penguindrum. I like it, but Haru annoys the s**t out of me. sweatdrop
♠ Haven't watched the last episode, but so far I really like it.
If this was any other anime, most of the characters would be incredibly annoying, but they seem to mesh really well for some reason and I find them even endearing

btw your T&B signature is incredibly adorable

though I don't get why Tiger has red hair
So far so good! I quite like it, and I'll definitely continue watching. 3nodding
i like it a lot so far. i've never heard of a fishing anime before but i really like how this is going. the animation is pretty awesome, especially the way that water is animated when yuki is making that crazy face, haha.

Distinct Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
So far I really like it. I don't usually gravitate towards cutesy anime, but for some reason this anime has received my attention. I like the humor in it, and I have a feeling it's going to be quite interesting. I'm not completely sure though, how an anime about fishing got my attention. XD

Oh and I really like the art style they use, it's refreshing.

And of course Haru is the cutest thing ever! XD
I love love love LOVE it~

Tipsy Receiver

10,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Did anyone else have a strong sense of the Katamari Damacy animation style at the begining of the anime?

And yes, it reminds me of Mawaru Penguindrum a lot..However, less emotionally damaging. If anything, it's kinda like Natsume Yuujinchou in the aspect of learning about friendship and knowing the world is not what you think it is n///n

Distinct Dabbler

I thought I wouldn't watch an anime about fishing but it's better than I thought. That water pistol is really handy!

Clean Genius

Definitely one of my favorites already.
It's so cheerful and the characters are easy to relate with, so I enjoy it a whole bunch. Well made SoL's are always good. Not to mention some scenes actually made me cry. But that's 'cause I'm a major crybaby anyway, haha.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
When I saw the trailer I was sure I'd watch Tsuritama...

...but I'm kind of disappointed :/ It's not even nearly as hilarious as I have expected, the main character's face can get really fugly, and it's not that deep either [though I've only seen one and a half episode]. And Haru's annoying.

Though the opening end ending I love! <3

Invisible Genius

7,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Colonel Gabrielle
When I saw the trailer I was sure I'd watch Tsuritama...

...but I'm kind of disappointed :/ It's not even nearly as hilarious as I have expected, the main character's face can get really fugly, and it's not that deep either [though I've only seen one and a half episode]. And Haru's annoying.

Though the opening end ending I love! <3

User Image

Eyup. The face is pretty weird.. I thought they could have left it out but it must have a purpose i guess.

User Image

Tipsy Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
It's so bright and colorful, and pretty comical at times. Can't stop watching it.

Hilarious Codger

I am unable to read your post because of the truly obnoxious font you are using.
Sure I could highlight it and squint my eyes really hard and make an attempt to read it but frankly it would make more sense for you to post in a way much easier to read.

Seriously.

As far as this anime goes it's alright. Not really great, just alright.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff