Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alot of people wonder why anime endings suck so much. And I'll tell you what I think is the reason.
Endings are often inconclusive in Japanese stories to give a sense that things will continue even once the book is shut and it's all left up to the reader/fan imagination as to what happened. (Although trivial scholars are still in hot debate as to wether Japan was the orgin of the feared/revered/and/or hated fanfiction)
Another reason maybe because the Japanese have different outlook on the story antagonist.
In Western story's the antagonist (which in both Eastern and Western could even be the situation the protagnist is in) is introduced, combated, and defeated or subdued.
In Japanese stories it runs more like; the antagonist is introduced, combated, then a reason for the antagonist is given, but wether or not it's defeated or even subdued is uncertain. Sometimes the antagonist may just be too big for a mortal, or even a god, to overcome.
Thus the stage is set for something larger to occur, and may be once more left to the reader's mind.
Tenshi Matsumura
Alot of people wonder why anime endings suck so much. And I'll tell you what I think is the reason.
Endings are often inconclusive in Japanese stories to give a sense that things will continue even once the book is shut and it's all left up to the reader/fan imagination as to what happened. (Although trivial scholars are still in hot debate as to wether Japan was the orgin of the feared/revered/and/or hated fanfiction)
Another reason maybe because the Japanese have different outlook on the story antagonist.
In Western story's the antagonist (which in both Eastern and Western could even be the situation the protagnist is in) is introduced, combated, and defeated or subdued.
In Japanese stories it runs more like; the antagonist is introduced, combated, then a reason for the antagonist is given, but wether or not it's defeated or even subdued is uncertain. Sometimes the antagonist may just be too big for a mortal, or even a god, to overcome.
Thus the stage is set for something larger to occur, and may be once more left to the reader's mind.

Ol anime i've seen have a great ending eek eek
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP
How enlightening.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I think it depends largely on the anime.

Though I admit that many of them don't really have a very conclusive sort of ending. But I like it like that. There's something much more poetic about it because it mimics real life. Definitely appeals to people like me who considers great characters to be friends or companions for the time that I read or watch their story. I often wonder what happens to them long after I've finished the story.
Tenshi Matsumura

I think you're right when you say that they're inconclusive. Not that all animes end like that. But it is usually the reason I don't like endings of heaps of animes.
I think Ruroni Kenshin was like that for me. Also FLCL, just the fact that it ended.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff