Welcome to Gaia! ::

Here it is, folks. I just hope it lasts. A thread to discuss everything form the Super Robot series to Gundam to RahXephon. Discuss and compare storylines, model kits, "the marketing monster", and anything else you can think of. Post your favorites and least favorite, but always explain why, especially when you decide to make negative statements..

If this thread decides to be prosperous, I will update this first page with all sorts of lists and whatnot.

I'm in a hurry at the time being, though, so just have fun! 4laugh
I'm wondering if the Evas ( from Evangelion) can be considered mecha since they're part machine but also part biological entity?

If they are, I would have to say those are my favorite, simply because of the the fact they're a mesh of living and artificial.
i like gundam seed and destiny because the fighting is cool and it has a good storyline
Why is it that the only 3 mech-type animes i've seen begin with G? Godanner, Gaogaigar and Gundam something? Maybe it's just coincidence.
Personally i find that there has been many great Mecha-series out there. The first one i saw was Evangelion(yes i think it should count as mecha). It had a great storyline eaven tho it was expressed in a weird way sometimes. Great characters and lots of great conflicts which had me twisting sometimes(gdammit!! fire shinji fire!!).

The second mecha i saw was GundamX...didn't finish it tho...but it seemed nice. Following that one i was Gundam SEED. Great mecha with great characters and storyline. They really built the story in a great way which really made you feel for the charachters and really grasp their background aswell. I very much like the gundam series for their well made mecha. I've seen reference pictures on the internet where people have scanned model-building-manuals which are very detailed. One thing that suprised me was how versatile the mecha in Gundam SEED was. Loads of different equipment and types. Gundam SEED is definately one of my personal favourites.

Of course i also watched Gundam Destiny which i can only say the same thing about. It is also up there amongst the top 5 mecha.

Actually before this i watched Full metal Panic and Full metal Panic Fomoffu. Great story and hilarious characters. At first it seemed pretty flat but as the story developed the characters grew more and you got a better understanding of Souskes rigid personality and Chidori's brutal ways. The mecha in this series are one of my favourites. Altho Gundam SEED and Destiny offers a lot of different mecha. I feel that the mecha in FMP(Full Metal Panic) and FMP:fomoffu offers more credability and a more realistic design.

and if i am to continue i would name Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex as the no.1 in mecha and in top 5 i would also name Macross: Zero. And to write why they are good is gonna take forever. blaugh
These animes scream massive ownage:

Getter Robo
Getter G
Shin Getter Robo: Final Days of the World
New Getter Robo
Brave King Gaogaigar and GGG Final
Top O Nerae!! Gunbuster
Space Runaway Ideon
Gear Fighter Dendoh
Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Mazinkaiser
Super Beast Machine Dancougar

And with the new Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 coming up (still don't know why Gundam SEED and Virtual On shows up in the game), I am awaiting the return of a few certain robots:

SRX
Cybaster
Granzon
Astranagan
eraser122
These animes scream massive ownage:

Getter Robo
Getter G
Shin Getter Robo: Final Days of the World
New Getter Robo
Brave King Gaogaigar and GGG Final
Top O Nerae!! Gunbuster
Space Runaway Ideon
Gear Fighter Dendoh
Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Mazinkaiser
Super Beast Machine Dancougar

And with the new Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 coming up (still don't know why Gundam SEED and Virtual On shows up in the game), I am awaiting the return of a few certain robots:

SRX
Cybaster
Granzon
Astranagan

It's always a pleasure to find a Gaian who has been touched by Go Nagai. ^^;
Vadalios
I'm wondering if the Evas ( from Evangelion) can be considered mecha since they're part machine but also part biological entity?

If they are, I would have to say those are my favorite, simply because of the the fact they're a mesh of living and artificial.

Considering how many times it appears in the Super Robot Wars games... I would consider it a mecha.

Despite being part-organic, it's still a machine that has a pilot.

eraser122
And with the new Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 coming up (still don't know why Gundam SEED and Virtual On shows up in the game), I am awaiting the return of a few certain robots

I'm awaiting the return of Masoukishin and SRX/Astranagun too. smile

As for Gundam SEED... It was by popular demand, mainly, in addition to the fact that the Universal Century is played out completely and they need to do something new. I'm certainly not complaining about SEED's presence. smile

Plus... Fukuda seems to be an SRW fan. Dendoh and SEED were seemingly custom tailored to be in SRW. xd

Virtual On seems to have been the idea of Terada (the producer). He liked the games and novels and had imagined it playing a role in the final SRW in some way.

Some people think the Tangram System (or whatever) from VOOT will play a role similar to that of the Crossgate Paradigm Drive from SRW alpha (which Helmhoz, Yuuzes' Judecca, and Astranagun all have in the game, allowing them to instantaneously warp to another location)
User Image

Urg, far too makeshift. xp
Why for no speaking of Big O
I like Full Metal Panic. It has your normal mecha battles and a story of an average high school girl's life.
BlackSeiryu
Why for no speaking of Big O

I thought Big O was wonderful. It never usually surfaces in my mind first, for some reason. 3nodding
Yeah It gets that alot for some reason.But has any one seen Overman King Gainer I here it's good
Night Rain55
I like Full Metal Panic. It has your normal mecha battles and a story of an average high school girl's life.

You might also want to give the lesser-known Brigadoon a try. It was cute.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff