OMG! Duh, SAO is like the best anime ever! 0.39837398373984 39.8% [ 49 ]
No, its too over rated. 0.14634146341463 14.6% [ 18 ]
Sure why not? I've seen the first season already. 0.29268292682927 29.3% [ 36 ]
What does 'SAO' mean? 0.16260162601626 16.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 123 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11 >

Lonely Lunatic

I'm excited about this season. Less talk and more action at the very least

And I hope Tap continues his translations, ******** "official projects" take FOREVER to come out (ask SnW)

Invisible Member

6,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
So I found out not too long ago, but apparently Kirito is going have a girl model for Gun Gale. The girl with the long black hair that you see on the promotional poster, that is him. 3nodding

Invisible Member

6,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Heroic Hero

14,050 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Haunting Echo 75
neko cat warrior
So I found out not too long ago, but apparently Kirito is going have a girl model for Gun Gale. The girl with the long black hair that you see on the promotional poster, that is him. 3nodding

You mean the rare «M9000»? It was due to being a glitch, and can have him be mistaken as a female. But even then, he is nothing more than a pretty boy. xp

Besides, even though I am jumping on, I should note me personally... I am looking forward to the Caliber and Mother's Rosario arcs. Phantom Bullet is another 2 volumes long, Caliber is a stand-alone story that introduces the Cait Sith (Cait Sidhe in the English dub) version of Sinon. And Mother's Rosario is one I worry about because of its theme and how many will take it here. But for me, when I read that volume, I was actually tearing up. But for others, the introduction to Yuuki will point out that Kirito is not an overpowered character after all. 3nodding

Beyond that, there is the Alicization arc. And no clue beyond that, as I can only assume volume 15 caps off that arc. sweatdrop

Invisible Member

6,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
KUMA-NIN
neko cat warrior

You mean the rare «M9000»? It was due to being a glitch, and can have him be mistaken as a female. But even then, he is nothing more than a pretty boy. xp

Besides, even though I am jumping on, I should note me personally... I am looking forward to the Caliber and Mother's Rosario arcs. Phantom Bullet is another 2 volumes long, Caliber is a stand-alone story that introduces the Cait Sith (Cait Sidhe in the English dub) version of Sinon. And Mother's Rosario is one I worry about because of its theme and how many will take it here. But for me, when I read that volume, I was actually tearing up. But for others, the introduction to Yuuki will point out that Kirito is not an overpowered character after all. 3nodding

Beyond that, there is the Alicization arc. And no clue beyond that, as I can only assume volume 15 caps off that arc. sweatdrop

See, I don't know much about the arcs yet because I haven't yet read the light novels, but I 'm hoping that I soon will be able to. Anyways, I thought that the girl on the promotional poster was Kirito, but I guess its this Yuuki character instead. Either way, Kirito still looks like a girl with long black hair.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
well... emotion_eyebrow

Business Bunny

17,325 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sounds interesting...
idk man...

Lonely Phantom

KUMA-NIN

Besides, even though I am jumping on, I should note me personally... I am looking forward to the Caliber and Mother's Rosario arcs.

oh god mother's rosario. Made me really sad whenever I think about it. sad
I never gave the second part of Sword Art online a chance.. It just got so...annoying? lol Idk I do like the pairing but I don't like Kirito's character. If the character in the second one is less like him, then I'll watch it =/

Heroic Hero

14,050 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Haunting Echo 75
Kurosakii_Rukia
I never gave the second part of Sword Art online a chance.. It just got so...annoying? lol Idk I do like the pairing but I don't like Kirito's character. If the character in the second one is less like him, then I'll watch it =/

And do you know why Kirito became the person he appeared in both arcs? It's because his parents died when he was 1, he developed trust issues with his aunt and uncle turned adopted parents, and he still did not want others to experience this kind of pain. He made himself be seen as the villain just to protect other beta players from the trust issues he created. He watched all but one of the guild members he befriended die in an ambush, and their leader kill himself. All because he was afraid that telling them the truth would cost him a friendship and acceptance. Again, having him try to turn a 180 only to deepen his role as a solo player.

As for his relationship with Asuna, how are they not the perfect couple? She had noted that Kirito saved her from becoming her mother. That, and teach her that surrendering herself to what is expected of her. (For example: Asuna's mother warped Sugou Nobuyki by expecting more and more from him. And if Kirito was not in her life, she would be placed into another loveless arrangaed engagement.) And Kirito noted that Asuna became the strength he needed to fight off his inner weaknesses -- All because she said that she will do what it takes to not die. Everything that says that they were meant to be together, and even developed a classic budding to their romantic relationship.

Also, Kirito is a gamer. Offline, he is pretty much a Tony Stark (minus the arrogance, ego, and such). Online, he even said that the "caliber of his worth" was due to this his friends... Not just his need to be an epic gamer once again. So when he does what he does, he does it for those that matter to him (much like Ichigo does in BLEACH). 3nodding (Plus, also, Yuuki is more powerful than him. But she only appears in Mother's Rosario.)

Heroic Hero

14,050 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Haunting Echo 75
Xeganthy
KUMA-NIN

Besides, even though I am jumping on, I should note me personally... I am looking forward to the Caliber and Mother's Rosario arcs.

oh god mother's rosario. Made me really sad whenever I think about it. sad

I only cried because Yuuki became one of the greatest characters I have encountered in literature. Even though her condition grew worse because of discrimination, she never gave up or surrendered. And because of that, she became the «Absolute Sword», helped create history in ALO, and taught us that no matter how short our lives are... We have the power to make changes to our surroundings, and place a positive mark in whatever we want to do. 3nodding

Heroic Hero

14,050 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Haunting Echo 75
neko cat warrior
See, I don't know much about the arcs yet because I haven't yet read the light novels, but I 'm hoping that I soon will be able to. Anyways, I thought that the girl on the promotional poster was Kirito, but I guess its this Yuuki character instead. Either way, Kirito still looks like a girl with long black hair.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well... There is a Wiki to resolve that issue. 3nodding I'll refrain from posting it here as it contains spoilers. But if you, or anybody else, wants the link... I'll send the link to those who PM me. 3nodding

And Kirito looking like a girl? So did Robert Downey, Jr. when he was young -- I mean Reki Kawahara must have done it for comedic effects. Because atop of it being an issue for Sinon in the beginning, it is also jabs at how many JRPG heroes look like females. wink
KUMA-NIN
Kurosakii_Rukia

And do you know why Kirito became the person he appeared in both arcs? It's because his parents died when he was 1, he developed trust issues with his aunt and uncle turned adopted parents, and he still did not want others to experience this kind of pain. He made himself be seen as the villain just to protect other beta players from the trust issues he created. He watched all but one of the guild members he befriended die in an ambush, and their leader kill himself. All because he was afraid that telling them the truth would cost him a friendship and acceptance. Again, having him try to turn a 180 only to deepen his role as a solo player.

As for his relationship with Asuna, how are they not the perfect couple? She had noted that Kirito saved her from becoming her mother. That, and teach her that surrendering herself to what is expected of her. (For example: Asuna's mother warped Sugou Nobuyki by expecting more and more from him. And if Kirito was not in her life, she would be placed into another loveless arrangaed engagement.) And Kirito noted that Asuna became the strength he needed to fight off his inner weaknesses -- All because she said that she will do what it takes to not die. Everything that says that they were meant to be together, and even developed a classic budding to their romantic relationship.

Also, Kirito is a gamer. Offline, he is pretty much a Tony Stark (minus the arrogance, ego, and such). Online, he even said that the "caliber of his worth" was due to this his friends... Not just his need to be an epic gamer once again. So when he does what he does, he does it for those that matter to him (much like Ichigo does in BLEACH). 3nodding (Plus, also, Yuuki is more powerful than him. But she only appears in Mother's Rosario.)
Just because he somehow got a character development does not mean he's likeable....and it also does not mean everyone is obligated to like him because of his tragic past. And err...I said I DO like the pairing....=/....

Anyway, he may have confidence but that is a little overbearing especially with his attitude of wanting to do everything alone, because he is just that confidence in his own abilities. Kirito is nothing like Ichigo. Ichigo knows he's weak and he grows stronger after each resolves(and most recently his resolve was to except the Shinigami's duty), while Kirito's resolve was for Asuna and Asuna only. In this term and personality wise, Kirito does not resemble Ichigo. I'm not saying that strong feelings for the one you love makes your resolve weak, I'm just trying to point out that Kirito is selfish, ready to give everything up for Asuna and not think of the consequences. In other words, Kirito does not think of his actions and I just don't like those kind of characters. This is different from straight up stupid and impulsive characters like Lloyd Irving from Tales. Therefore, Kirito did not exactly grow in the series (at least to the part where I stopped watching).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff