Welcome to Gaia! ::

Y'know incest in Anime is cool, I like it, I've been into Anime since I was 14, anime is cool, and so is incest in Anime. smile
For me, the same laws apply. Incest is a no-no, along with ***** and bestiality.
I hate loli/shota-con. I don't like judging people for their interests but hentai of any of the above disgusts me..

Aged Noob

Real Life: No
Anime: Hot~

If she was my sister I'd totally bang Sora Kasugano.
Once upon a time in a certain anime, cant say I remember which one, may have been multiple anime, it was said that those who don't have siblings are into the idea.

Kinda wonder how much of that is true considering I have no siblings and I've never objected to the idea.
But then would my mind change if I did get a sister? and then what I said earlier may have never even crossed my mind.

High-functioning Sleuth

As long as nobody is getting hurt, I don't see a problem with it.

Dapper Genius

Incest does exist in Japan. Well, between cousins it's socially acceptable.
But even so, it's a world-wide fetish for many people. To each their own.

Invisible Streaker

16,475 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
`

I think in any story where they're designed to have them be able to get together makes incest acceptable.
It's not limited to just anime.
✖

Shy Conversationalist

I find it to be rather disturbing, both in anime and in real life. I tend to shy away from anime that involve blood brother/sister romance. Some anime do pull out the "not related by blood, just grew up together" card, and that's fine. But in Vampire Knight, for example, when the two undoubtedly share the same parents, it's just completely gross to me. To each his own.

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
It's a forbidden love of Romeo and Juliet but most "incest" series they aren't even actual brother and sister they're usually cousins or something which is more common than you'd think (plus in japan if you're cousins you can marry) or the sibling is adopted, I've only actually heard of / seen very few ACTUAL incest series.

for example Oreimo and Angels Sanctuary

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
hell, yeah japan is down with the incest. Its like mandatoroy what your first girlfriend/boyfriend to be your sibling over there.

Ruthless Businesswoman

9,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
i never think of it that way. even in anime i never think of the most serious topics as like actual topics.

like in anime beating up a female, *****, and dating a headless horse woman are all relatively normal and nobody questions it.

i find it so funny too because from bits and bobs I pulled from this thread it's practically the exact opposite of how incest is viewed by arabic/desi people.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I'm okay with it, as long as the series in question follows four simple rules:

1: Take the project seriously.

2: Make the characters and their relationship believable.

3: Address the societal consequences.

4: They have to actually be related.

Mostly, incest anime has a problem following rule 3. Kiss X Sis, however, violates all four of them within its first two episodes.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
amigobear v3
hell, yeah japan is down with the incest. Its like mandatoroy what your first girlfriend/boyfriend to be your sibling over there.

That's correct as far as cousins are concerned, but siblings are still a touchy subject for them.
i don't like it but i don't have to watch it. i'm also not the anime's target watcher

Blessed Friend

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I think in anime anything goes since a lot of people embrace it. So yes it's okay in anime that's why there is a lot of manga and anime about it.
Ever since "Frozen" became so mainstream and popular, well... xD you can definitely say that. Even Kill La Kill got into the "trend"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff