Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Informer

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
THE FEELS ;-; Kaneki noooooo sad

Assailant

The creator is going to start with a new series. Some people are assuming it's related to TG.

Some say here is hope for
Quinqueneki

Girl-Crazy Kitten

hoping for the best but expecting the worst, really.
here's a really good meta by rutilation on tumblr about why kaneki might be alive.
(it gave me hope post-tg)

Magical Lunatic

kuoco
here's a really good meta by rutilation on tumblr about why kaneki might be alive.

Holy s**t. I've been thinking the same thing too, except wow, that Tumblr post is more extremely descriptive and well-researched. What a great read. My only reasoning was that Arata and Kaneki were the only Full Kakuja that were captured by CCG and that for some reason, they managed to make like three quinque out of Arata so they must be farming him. lol

Dammit. I don't want to spend all day on Tumblr, but gonk
There is a sequel manga announced too biggrin

Friendly Informer

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
Well this makes me feel a lot better about the ending, mostly because of the owl cliffhanger. But Kaneki made me sad too. He was getting too messy though, thinking he could protect everyone by himself with no help from anyone else. I don't think that Kaneki is alive, honestly, because otherwise it wouldn't show him with his mother and all that. Though, that's only my opinion.

Friendly Informer

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100

Friendly Informer

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
"I'm truly convinced Kaneki will live, the more I think of it. This story, so far, has been as he described. A tragedy as written by someone else. And that's why I think revealing Takatsuki in this final arc and revealing her as the One Eyed Queen is so meaningful. If you think of it, everything that has turned his life into this deep, dark hole has been related in one way or another to Aogiri. I dunno about Takatsuki's full works, seeing how we'll probably never read them, but based on her love for Kafka and the mentions made throughout and whatnot, her style is one where it will all end in tragedy. It's as if she was controlling his life, and this would fit for the end of a book of hers. But at the end of this arc, Kaneki finally reached that peaceful inner middle ground, he accepted the inevitable and that alone seems to go against what we've seen of Takatsuki's works, and at that point, I feel he started writing his own story. And I feel that's what part 2 will be. Not a tragedy, but an epic. Kaneki will have to write his own story this time around instead of being led around through a story written by others.

Arima said no ghouls could get past v14, but I think at this point Yoshimura's words clicked with him, when all hope seemed lost. I think that, finally, it's truly sank in that he's not just a ghoul or a human and it's not just that he's experienced both, it's that he needs both. He won't doubt his own power like before Aogiri, but he won't lose track of who he truly is and be driven by that power like after. We'll see the true Kaneki.

Plus, we had a few mentions of Kokuria around the time he returned. The guy who was trying to prevent Vash the Stampede from killing Irimi in a really brutal way before coming up mentioned it, Amon said that's the only place Kaneki would be going was Kokuria, and based on the damage the CCG took from that disaster of a raid, they'll need as much as they can get when it comes to power. Another kakuja quinque farm would be ideal for them right now.

Then there's also how Amon and Kaneki want each other to live and try to keep each other's promise (even though Amon never said it out loud but in his mind he was asking Kaneki to live) and the narration at the end doesn't just sound like Amon or Kaneki, but as both of them.

“This world is… wrong.
This world is… WRONG. (Both Amon and Kaneki share those thoughts)
We are… (This is an interesting one. Could refer to humans and ghouls, or Amon and Kaneki who are the central point)
I have to eat. To eat is to steal.
I have to eat. To eat is to protect.
I have to eat. To eat is to lose.
I have to eat. To eat is to make a mistake.
(Those sound like both of them to a degree. I dunno how to describe it, but it feels like a back and forth between both)

My salvation is just to sleep and have a happy dream.
My salvation is…
___ …”

And that last part. Again, sounds like both of them, more like Kaneki though. Salvation being sleeping and having a happy dream? Not quite, it sounds insincere. It sounds like there's a realization of what that salvation truly is, and it stops before that. It's difficult, though.

We also have the facts being talked about at the end which have things that don't quite fit, and then Itori's "last laugh" line. She mentions that, but who ends up in those last scenes? Anteiku.They're broken now, they've lost a lot. But when this truly reaches a conclusion, it's not the clowns who'll get the last laugh, nor will it be CCG or Aogiri. It'll be Anteiku, who will finally be able to smile and laugh again. I know it.

Damn, this final chapter was powerful. Been thinking about it all day"

Magical Lunatic

Arata and Kaneki would be a pretty sweet team-up. Prison break, anyone?

And oh gods, the Kirishima family reunion will be so ******** feelsy.

Girl-Crazy Kitten

Tenchi Misaki1

Is there? I was under the impression that Ishida Sui had a new manga starting mid October, but we weren't sure whether it was a sequel or not.

Friendly Informer

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
kuoco

The whole thing with the tarot cards and Odin is probably the most convincing thing in there. I really don't want to give my hopes up though! Damn you Tokyo Ghoul! At least I was smart enough to read the manga instead of watching the anime. ;D

Girl-Crazy Kitten

Silentisra
kuoco

The whole thing with the tarot cards and Odin is probably the most convincing thing in there. I really don't want to give my hopes up though! Damn you Tokyo Ghoul! At least I was smart enough to read the manga instead of watching the anime. ;D

i actually liked the anime! i know quite a few people were disappointed, which i understand, but it was definitely enjoyable.

i'm one of those people who have difficulties understanding action scenes in manga, so seeing them animated helped me understand the manga better too! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
someone should tell me what happens at the end
kuoco
Tenchi Misaki1

Is there? I was under the impression that Ishida Sui had a new manga starting mid October, but we weren't sure whether it was a sequel or not.

From what i am led to believe he did announce a sequel, but i could be wrong D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces