Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sorry for the influx of threads on my part but I thought we could use more discussion.

Yes. 1 100.0% [ 97 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away definitely hold up. I haven't watched Inuyasha for a while but if it wasn't for the filler that show could have been good. DBZ is good as long as it's uncensored original version. Trigun wasn't as good as I remember it to be. I remember watching the first couple episodes as a young kid and being incredibly moved by them. In retrospect it's rather sub-par in comparison to other anime that I like.

Liberal Gawker

The first anime series I fully watched was Sailor Moon. I admit, I have a lot of nostalgic love for it because I remember my Sailor Moon lunchbox that I carried around every day. I rewatched the dub and it held up better than I was expecting.

My oldest brother loved Dragon Ball Z, and I just couldn't get into it. Still can't. I love the art style, but I just don't like the pacing.

beloved's Subordinate

Girl-Crazy Rabbit

Death Note! Finished rewatching that the other day.
Younger: "Light!"
Now: "DIE LIGHT YAGAMI! You killed L!"

Other than that, I don't rewatch many, DBZ I could probably watch again...

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
I absolutely loved Samurai Pizza Cats as a kid. Loved it. Then a few years ago I went to an anime con where they had a room set up just for marathoning it. Did not hold up. I shouldn't have been surprised- it is a children's show after all. Dragonball Z on the other hand has massive replayability for me. They're very different shows, but I watched them as a kid all the same.
the first anime i ever watched, in japanese, knowing it was anime was cardcaptor sakura when i was like 10.

i still love it and i'm totally gonna re-watch the series! biggrin

ThyOneGuy's Oppa

Digimon series 1 & 2
Re-watched it a few weeks ago and man I still love it

Sailor Moon
There's a lot of hate for the dic dub and while I understand it. It still hurts a little because when I was 6 it was all I knew so regardless of what people think it will always hold a little place in my heart. Whenever I hear "the power of love" from sailor moon I just feel so nostalgic.

Cardcaptures &Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
Next to the Sailor Moon senshi, Sakura was my second favorite magical girl! The best part to me was there was no transformation her friend just made her outfits and told her to wear them while fighting!
Oh man that tie in between Tsubasa & Cardcaptures just made it even better. Alone though Tsubasa holds up extremely well. The last few anime episodes made me angry but the ova's fixed everything.

Dragon Ball Z
Man I was always so happy when I watched that. My favorite part was when Oolong stops Emperor Pilaf from wishing to take over the world and wishes for womens underwear instead.
I tried to get into the new series but I just couldn't. I still watch it every now and again but I don't really understand to much and Goku being an adult makes me feel aged.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Loved it then love it now. It stands the test of time epicly. Shinji's still a little b***h but hey I love him because of it. Rebuild is just SO AMAZING!! Evangelion 3.33 hurt my head a bit tho eek

Yu-Gi-Oh & Pokemon
I was such a retard I had the chaos duel disk and everything. Yu-Gi-Oh held up well. Though anything after GX is just no. I tried to watch 5D it was to stupid YOU DO NOT DUEL ON BIKES! scream
Mostly just watched Pokemon. I don't know how I feel about it after Misty, Brock, and May left plus with all the voice changes I just couldn't watch it. Its to overly animated anymore.
The games though I'm all about emotion_dowant

Monster Rancher& Medabots
MY LIFE WHEN I WAS 7. The nostalgia when I re-watched it was intense. It held up well I still adore both.

Tokyo Mew Mew
The english dub was horrible emotion_0A0 It did not hold.
The Japanese one did tho emotion_kirakira
Preferred the manga in the end.

Death Note
It stands. Lights actions are a bit over the top but its still good.

Pretty Cure
It stands strong!
They keep making'em so I keep watching'em emotion_c8
I can't even watch the original version of Dragon Ball Z anymore. Between the filler, the endless trash talking/power-up scenes, and the crappy dub, Kai is just better in every conceivable way.

Tipsy Duck

The first one I ever watched to the end was Fruits Basket. It's also the first manga I ever read. It was my gateway to anime and manga in general. I love that series with all my heart. Never gonna get sick of it, it's amazing stuff.

In a relationship with Golden Captain

Perfect Citizen

Spooky Wasabi Princess

User Image

Another person who remembers Samurai Pizza Cats emotion_kirakira I used to love that show, too!

But on to the topic…

My favorite anime was always Sailor Moon and it will continue to be so. I know it’s got some major flaws and that the plot line in the anime gets pretty convoluted once it passes the Dark Kingdom story arc.

I recognize that it only holds up well in my eyes simply for the nostalgia factor. I’ve had a really difficult time getting into other magical girl anime that have pretty much the same formula.

~User Image~

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
II Chibi Usa II
Spooky Wasabi Princess

User Image

Another person who remembers Samurai Pizza Cats emotion_kirakira I used to love that show, too!
~User Image~

How much did you want to be Pururun/Polly? I thought she was so cool and beautiful, haha! I guess the character design for her wasn't so bad. The guys though- they look a bit dodge. I guess it's the cat-face?

In a relationship with Golden Captain

Perfect Citizen

Spooky Wasabi Princess

User Image

I was actually so confused on why she had such a different face than the boys XD In fact, all of the girls had more human faces than the males and it just perplexed me. I wanted everyone to look like kitties.

I still loved her though… it’s been such a long time that I forgot her name. Thanks for bringing it up.

~User Image~
I'd like to think Tenchi holds up fairly well.

Fanatical Giver

15,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I would probably talk about Yu-Gi-Oh, but I can't really say I ever actually got out of liking it. (haven't seen much of the spinoffs) So there's no real nostalgia factor there.

I did start rewatching Sailor Moon. I had to switch to subs because apparently since I had last seen it, the english voice cast was just... bad. I still really liked it, but the site where I was watching it, moved/was taken down, and I lost my place. And there's a lot of episodes and I'm lazy.

I'll rewatch Gravitation every few years and I always fall in love all over again.

(except for sailor moon, a lot of anime i got into was when i was a teenager and i'm only 23 now, so maybe that's not enough time for nostalgia to kick in)

Dapper Ladykiller

Rurouni Kenshin and Berserk still haven't been surpassed in my eyes. And everything else... eh....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff