Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Tycoon

Hoc cor mei metum atrum lacrimat...

Try it. It's one of the most popular series for a reason.
Whether you like it or not, that's up to you,
but if you have time, it wouldn't hurt to try a few episodes.

Or, if you're looking for something more recent,
you can just skip the anime, and jump right into the Rebuild movies.

...atqui animus meus insaniam sanguinat albam.

Cheery Loiterer

11,850 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Marathon 300
So As I Pray
the series should've been about Gendo Ikari

'nuff said

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
You have to watch the series, the movie end of evangelion, and the rebuilds. Basically all of it. Get a real good mind rape in there. Every anime fan has to watch it at least once.
Some of my friends are huge fans of it, but it does nothing for me personally. It may just be due to the fact that I'm not big on anything with giant fighting robots, but I'd like to think the main character's overall attitude turned me away from it.

Probably worth watching the first few episodes though, too see if you get anything out of it.

Drawdle's Husbando

Just watch the new films.

The Committee Staff Sex Symbol

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Its been a LONG time since i've seen this series. Back then i though it was good but that was because it was on adult swim and i wasn't and experienced anime viewer back then. Its awesome if its one of the first animes you've ever watched and you don't have alot of knowledge about other better anime. But all in all it was ok but WAY over rated. The ending was a big slap in the face, not in a bad way but not good either. In my opinion if you like ******** genre anime you should go for it too but its your decision.

Dapper Ladykiller

Jackie-senpai
Eltiana
Hated Eva, despite it being a classic. I don't think the series has a single likeable character, which really killed it for me.

I actually liked Misato....although after her, the closest thing is Rei, and that's only because she has no personality.

Same here, I only liked Misato. Unlikable characters doesn't stop them from being interesting, though. The series is weird and overrated. But it's not like it's not worth your time. 3nodding

Devoted Explorer

So As I Pray

the series should've been about Gendo Ikari

User Image

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
sinfully_cute
Jackie-senpai
Eltiana
Hated Eva, despite it being a classic. I don't think the series has a single likeable character, which really killed it for me.

I actually liked Misato....although after her, the closest thing is Rei, and that's only because she has no personality.

Same here, I only liked Misato. Unlikable characters doesn't stop them from being interesting, though. The series is weird and overrated. But it's not like it's not worth your time. 3nodding

Except I didn't even find most of the other characters interesting.

Dapper Ladykiller

Jackie-senpai
sinfully_cute
Jackie-senpai
Eltiana

Meh. I marathoned it all in one night with friends when I was like 14, and haven't watched it since then. It was interesting at the time, for what that's worth.

OP, if you want positive memories of Evangelian I suggest you do the same. Marathon that b***h, preferably with a large group.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
sinfully_cute
Jackie-senpai
sinfully_cute
Jackie-senpai
Eltiana

Meh. I marathoned it all in one night with friends when I was like 14, and haven't watched it since then. It was interesting at the time, for what that's worth.

OP, if you want positive memories of Evangelian I suggest you do the same. Marathon that b***h, preferably with a large group.

Yeah I could see them being interesting if you were 14 years old, but I watched it when I was older and it just wasn't entirely my thing. Its my husband's favorite anime series though, and I'm still willing to give the rebuild movies a try but I'm kind of just neutral towards the original series. I appreciate its value for what it was and what it meant to the anime industry as a whole, but its not nessecarily something that appeals to me in particular.

Dapper Lunatic

I would say watch it, it is okay. I find that most of the people I know either love it, or hate it. So far the rebuild series is good though. If you do not want to marathon it (which is a good suggestion), and just get a taste for the series it would be an okay place to start. Personally I would suggest gunbuster and diebuster more, but that is just a personal opinion.
Forever_Weird
I'm trying to find some different anime/manga series to get into, to expand my horizons. I've thought about it, and I wanted to give Neon Genesis Evangelion a try. For some reason, I've never been able to watch this, and a lot of people online keep talking about it.

Do any of you think it's any good? What can I expect from this series, in general?

Yeah It's a pretty good anime (some people argue one of the BEST)

though it is abit slow to start off with but it picks up a little a few episodes in also....

~SLIGHT SPOILERS~

The ending is abit of a mind feck D:

Familiar Hunter

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Personally, it was boring, confusing, and the main character was a whiny looser who i do not remember ever redeeming himself.

only cool part:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Space Runaway Ideon is WAY better than Eva. In fact Eva ripped off this series.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff