Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Associate

How hype are you all?
adequately.

but I would have preferred Hell's Kitchen grumble grumble grumble.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Not at all because the manga is meh at best.
never read the manga
can anyone give me a review?

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
eocoz
never read the manga

It's a cooking manga.

What makes this unique from other cooking manga are the characters' reactions to eating Souma's cooking--usually transported away in ecstasy. There is nudity, though nothing explicit. Other chefs' cooking cause other reactions. Your mileage may vary.

Another thing that makes this cooking manga unique is the fact that the ingredients and techniques are real world. There is some exaggeration here and there, but for the most part, the recipes and subsequent dishes are possible given enough time and money. You're not going to get the insanity or sheer impossibility of say, Iron Wok Jun or Toriko.

The stories are structured as matches between individual chef students. Two different cooking styles approaching a known dish and a panel of judges taste-testing. This is broken up with the occasional background story on a chef student. Because the cast is in different years, not all compete at the same time or against each other. So the match-ups are always different.

The focus has stayed on cooking so far, no drama beyond competing. No love story derailments. No world domination plots. Just cooking.
Urd Tanzanite
eocoz
never read the manga

It's a cooking manga.

What makes this unique from other cooking manga are the characters' reactions to eating Souma's cooking--usually transported away in ecstasy. There is nudity, though nothing explicit. Other chefs' cooking cause other reactions. Your mileage may vary.

Another thing that makes this cooking manga unique is the fact that the ingredients and techniques are real world. There is some exaggeration here and there, but for the most part, the recipes and subsequent dishes are possible given enough time and money. You're not going to get the insanity or sheer impossibility of say, Iron Wok Jun or Toriko.

The stories are structured as matches between individual chef students. Two different cooking styles approaching a known dish and a panel of judges taste-testing. This is broken up with the occasional background story on a chef student. Because the cast is in different years, not all compete at the same time or against each other. So the match-ups are always different.

The focus has stayed on cooking so far, no drama beyond competing. No love story derailments. No world domination plots. Just cooking.

wow a non action manga without drama or love?
seems like a good read i'll give a try
thanks for informing me smile

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Albinus of Angers
adequately.

but I would have preferred Hell's Kitchen grumble grumble grumble.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Are we talking about the Hell's Kitchen manga with Dogma and Satoru? Because I'd go for an anime version of that, definitely.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "
A Wandering Houngan

Yep! Woulda been great crying
Maybe if SnS sells well we'll get it, idk what it's popularity is in Japan comparatively though.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Albinus of Angers
A Wandering Houngan

Yep! Woulda been great crying
Maybe if SnS sells well we'll get it, idk what it's popularity is in Japan comparatively though.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| It definitely would have been great. sad Oh well, maybe in the future.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces