Welcome to Gaia! ::

People who let a fan base influence their experience or opinion of an anime or other media are the annoying ones.

9,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
Going to agree with others here and say you shouldn't base whether or not you like an anime based on the fandom but instead base it on what your opinion of the series is.

Tipsy Gawker

I watched up until episode 10 stare

I found that I enjoyed the not-so-main-characters more than the ones that the story actually followed. The character designs were nice too. The main characters... not so much. I just found the interest peaked in the beginning and it slowly dwindled for me but I can respect someone else's enjoyment out of the series. heck, I enjoyed it and was even thinking of cosplaying from it for a few episodes.

What annoys me is all the Kirito (insert some other word because the username Kirito is already taken) person that wants to BE the character in MMOs like WoW and Guild Wars.

And yes, most of the people playing as a Kirito clone do refuse to join guilds cheese_whine
I play on RP servers and I've actually had someone party with me and RPed as him : emotion_facepalm :

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Tranquil Fury
SAO is a good show. Of course there's going to be annoying fans, but there's decent ones too. You just don't notice the normal fans because the annoying ones attract more attention, deal with it. smile

This. I'm a fan of SAO and I am hardly even vocal about it. Plus, I watched it for the MMORPG plot, not the characters. I cared more about them clearing the game than Kirito and Asuna's relationship.

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Tranquil Fury
SAO is a good show. Of course there's going to be annoying fans, but there's decent ones too. You just don't notice the normal fans because the annoying ones attract more attention, deal with it. smile

Thank you. I loved the show. I'm a normal fan. But it's over and I've moved on.

4,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
Series started off great, then you get in to the love stuff and it becomes less about fighting (which is why I started it) and more about love. Just gets dull after a while.

Devoted Explorer

Wanderfall
And so are the little bitches who keep complaining about them.

^^^^^^^^^^

Newbie Noob

This show was great......at first then after a while it lost the sense of "You die for real!!" and just become a harem/romance series.
Honestly,this show cant decide whether it wants to be an action or romance or harem or incest or stuff because the action was amaaazzziing.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
N01Sanku
This show was great......at first then after a while it lost the sense of "You die for real!!" and just become a harem/romance series.
Honestly,this show cant decide whether it wants to be an action or romance or harem or incest or stuff because the action was amaaazzziing.

It was written that way. The anime just followed along with what's in the light novel.

Newbie Noob

Sakura Parfait
N01Sanku

It was written that way. The anime just followed along with what's in the light novel.

The light novel is much better.Honestly in the LN even the crappy ending to the whole sword art online game where the "I dont know why I killed THOUSANDS of people" kinda sorta antagonist(Well..he did save Kirito) shows up is made epic.
Followed?Yep,it did follow while leaving great scenes in the LN and omitting it.Which was sad...
Spiral Knight
Woah, woah, woah! Can we get to the real issue here, since when has Ah! My Goddess, been considered "Middle of the road"?
Well, by "middle-of-the-road," I don't mean lacking in quality, I just mean not as revered/popular as the HUGE animes like Madoka Magica, etc. Ah! My Goddess is one of the best romances ever, IMO.

And guys lol, the fanbase hasn't influenced my opinion. It's like a little kid yelling into your ear for his favorite team when you're watching a baseball game.

I'll also agree that the main characters aren't terribly appealing. At least, aesthetically, but that doesn't really matter.

Loved how the story was going, as well. EX: how Kirito quickly advances in level and defines himself as a solo player, instead of being a powerless male lead as are in far too many anime these days. Asuna is also pretty cool. I think she's equal to power in Kirito in the beginning, at least.

Shy Sweetheart

A guy I follow on twitter repeatedly posts screencaps and fanart of the female lead being tentacle raped. Because of that my urge to check out SAO is zero.
its a timeless problem

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The whole SAO story felt a bit like author self gratification. All girls must fawn for Kazuto/Kirito... It was rather juvenile. I mean the whole sister/cousin fiasco was a terrible writing choice. What kind of inconsiderate human being would fawn over and try to steal the boyfriend of someone who is in a coma like state? That's some high level selfishness...

I feel like I watched the show for the animation and soundtrack more than for the plot itself.
Soreiyu
The whole SAO story felt a bit like author self gratification. All girls must fawn for Kazuto/Kirito... It was rather juvenile. I mean the whole sister/cousin fiasco was a terrible writing choice. What kind of inconsiderate human being would fawn over and try to steal the boyfriend of someone who is in a coma like state? That's some high level selfishness...

I feel like I watched the show for the animation and soundtrack more than for the plot itself.

the beginning was promising though :T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces