Yes 0.58823529411765 58.8% [ 10 ]
No 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
1 2 >

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
(This is just a fan rant, so I don't expect people to agree with me)
Just watched episode 10 of Sword Art Online. The day before I was reading the Light Novel, then I watch the new episode today.... I was upset. The epsiode just bunched up 3 or 4 chapters and was just felt so rushed to me. I know that the anime doesn't keep to the real story, but I was hoping that it would just not be so rushed.

With the fight between Kirito and Heathcliff, I was expecting it to be dramatic and so awsome, but it was cool, but what upseted me was how short it was.

Then Kirito telling Asuna about the guild he was in The Black Cat, it was like a quick sum up, but it is a real important part to Kirito's charater and he is suposed to be real guilty about not able to save any of them.

I was expecting Kuradeel to be so much more crazier, but they had that kiss sene that I was hoping for and it was cute, so a cheered up some

The last thing (and the most upsetting to me) was the part were the chapter 16.5 comes in. Being a KiritoxAsuna fan that moment was suposed to be the OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! moment that I've waited for, but then that was flushed down the toilet when it was as if they people who worked on the episode just threw it in there just to put it in the episode. scream

I know that when a series becomes an anime, that it won't live up to the manga/light novel, but I thought that this was just a let down from what I read in the light novel, but I still want to watch the series.

Ihallaw's Significant Otter

Dedicated Capitalist

So watch the damn series.

SAO anime, manga, and LN all suck, IMHO.

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
42rd
So watch the damn series.

SAO anime, manga, and LN all suck, IMHO.

I will admit, the manga does suck and the art in the manga is bad

Devoted Explorer

I think the Kirito and Asuna scene in scene was terribly written. And honestly it looked even worse in the anime. Like cmon, Kirito what the ******** we're you asking for when you asked to share a room with her? A sleepover? And Asuna ******** strips down and then says 'D-Dont look'. Horseshit and i dont even recall that being in the lightnovels? Was that in the lightnovels? I dont even know, man.

Everything else i didn't have necessarily a problem with. I mean we'd be complaining that it'd be too long if it actually didn't get to the point. I didnt want half of the episode being Kirito fight Guildleader. I mean it got to the point with some decent animation soo no complaints here. And the other scene? How were you going to span that out? More Flashbacks? :l I guess i might understand if i actually read through the lightnovels, but as someone who is ignorant of the lightnovels its just fine.

Gracious Tycoon

DimiDizy6d
I think the Kirito and Asuna scene in scene was terribly written. And honestly it looked even worse in the anime. Like cmon, Kirito what the ******** we're you asking for when you asked to share a room with her? A sleepover? And Asuna ******** strips down and then says 'D-Dont look'. Horseshit and i dont even recall that being in the lightnovels? Was that in the lightnovels? I dont even know, man.

Everything else i didn't have necessarily a problem with. I mean we'd be complaining that it'd be too long if it actually didn't get to the point. I didnt want half of the episode being Kirito fight Guildleader. I mean it got to the point with some decent animation soo no complaints here. And the other scene? How were you going to span that out? More Flashbacks? :l I guess i might understand if i actually read through the lightnovels, but as someone who is ignorant of the lightnovels its just fine.
Hoc cor mei metum atrum lacrimat...

The "D-Don't look" part was in Chapter 16, right before the infamous Chapter 16.5 (all in Volume 1). I haven't watched the anime, but from what I've heard, they're mixing Volumes 1 and 2, and rearranging the events in semi-chronological order. Volume 2 is entirely comprised of side-stories from the past.

...I've never really understood the large amounts of praise that SAO's anime has gotten. I mean, the light novel's mediocre at best, and from what I hear, the anime's a chopped up and condensed adaption of the light novel. It's an exciting story as cliche as it is, but it doesn't have much emotional depth.

...atqui animus meus insaniam sanguinat albam.

Devoted Explorer

Sunny Sanity
DimiDizy6d

The "D-Don't look" part was in Chapter 16, right before the infamous Chapter 16.5 (all in Volume 1). I haven't watched the anime, but from what I've heard, they're mixing Volumes 1 and 2, and rearranging the events in semi-chronological order. Volume 2 is entirely comprised of side-stories from the past.

...I've never really understood the large amounts of praise that SAO's anime has gotten. I mean, the light novel's mediocre at best, and from what I hear, the anime's a chopped up and condensed adaption of the light novel. It's an exciting story as cliche as it is, but it doesn't have much emotional depth.

I'll admit, i give SAO a lot more credit than it deserves. Maybe it's just a personal taste for me since i enjoy mmo's and its pretty relateable for me? Also to count, the animation is pretty solid, staying true to the fact to the MMO's appearance and not halfassing or bullshitting any animation from what i see. It does tell a pretty good story for the most part(fromwhatiknowanyways), though the only thing that really moved me was the Black Cats Death, and even then i don't think much about it unless its reminded. Its a fine to me, and i don't see anything that's notably wrong with the series except for how they presented chapter 16 in anime/lightnovels/whatever. I still am a fan of Kirito/Asuna but, just...okay.

Though from a observers point of view, the only people who are mostly bitching about the anime are people who speedreaded through the lightnovels after the series started airing. :/

But i do agree with you, its no legend. If anything its just a fad? haha

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Forewarning, I haven't watched Episode 10 yet.

The actual fight between Kirito and Heathcliff barely lasts 5 minutes. Only about a paragraph worth in the Light Novels (but filled with tons of explanation). I expected it to be rather short.

Chapter 16.5 is smut. And doesn't do anything to the story. It's so easily ignored that there's no difference whether someone has read it or not.

And that's really all I have to say.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Quote:
The last thing (and the most upsetting to me) was the part were the chapter 16.5 comes in. Being a KiritoxAsuna fan that moment was suposed to be the OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! moment that I've waited for, but then that was flushed down the toilet when it was as if they people who worked on the episode just threw it in there just to put it in the episode.

do you honestly expect them to animate that? If they had animated that, they would have had to up the rating since chapter 16.5 is basically nothing but smut

I do have to say that I don't like how rushed the anime is going.

Gracious Tycoon

DimiDizy6d
Sunny Sanity
DimiDizy6d

I'll admit, i give SAO a lot more credit than it deserves. Maybe it's just a personal taste for me since i enjoy mmo's and its pretty relateable for me? Also to count, the animation is pretty solid, staying true to the fact to the MMO's appearance and not halfassing or bullshitting any animation from what i see. It does tell a pretty good story for the most part(fromwhatiknowanyways), though the only thing that really moved me was the Black Cats Death, and even then i don't think much about it unless its reminded. Its a fine to me, and i don't see anything that's notably wrong with the series except for how they presented chapter 16 in anime/lightnovels/whatever. I still am a fan of Kirito/Asuna but, just...okay.

Though from a observers point of view, the only people who are mostly bitching about the anime are people who speedreaded through the lightnovels after the series started airing. :/

But i do agree with you, its no legend. If anything its just a fad? haha

Haha, not being too subtle with our accusations, are we?

Again, I haven't watched a single episode of the anime, so I'm basing everything off of what I've heard from others. There are some instances where quality voice acting and detailed animation can help an anime gain popularity even when the writing isn't noteworthy (Guilty Crown).

I also enjoy MMOs. It's what attracted me to Sword Art Online in the first place. I've even played part of a single player video game series centered around a fictional MMO...

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» I fell behind in the anime because I lost interest. The plot wasn't as thrilling as I thought it would be, though the art was nice. I didn't find much appeal to the characters either, and the KiriAsuna pairing just turns me off.

Needless to say, they obviously wouldn't animate the smut chapter. The anime itself isn't hentai, so why would they include that? It doesn't make sense. And I think it's better that they don't animate it to be truthful. From what I've heard from people, it sounded really bad anyway.

" I did everything you asked! "

Devoted Explorer

Sunny Sanity

Again, I haven't watched a single episode of the anime, so I'm basing everything off of what I've heard from others. There are some instances where quality voice acting and detailed animation can help an anime gain popularity even when the writing isn't noteworthy (Guilty Crown).

I also enjoy MMOs. It's what attracted me to Sword Art Online in the first place. I've even played part of a single player video game series centered around a fictional MMO...

Pfff i'm just telling it how i think it is lol I probably should have mentioned that my accusation wasn't directed at you or anything. i'm essentially basing it off of what i'm seeing on tumblr. Other than the gifs of the same scenes like a thousand times, people on the tag are constantly comparing the anime to the lightnovels Monday-Friday. confused

Alsoslightlyofftopic, that game does sound interesting though, what is it called? ._.
SOMEFORMOFMMOGAMECEPTIONIMNOTFUNNY

butofftopicevenmore, was Guilty Crown really that bad in terms of the story? ._. I only watched like the first episode and it didnt catch my attention at all other than the fact that it looked flashy.

Gracious Tycoon

DimiDizy6d
Sunny Sanity

Pfff i'm just telling it how i think it is lol I probably should have mentioned that my accusation wasn't directed at you or anything. i'm essentially basing it off of what i'm seeing on tumblr. Other than the gifs of the same scenes like a thousand times, people on the tag are constantly comparing the anime to the lightnovels Monday-Friday. confused

Alsoslightlyofftopic, that game does sound interesting though, what is it called? ._.

butofftopicevenmore, was Guilty Crown really that bad in terms of the story? ._. I only watched like the first episode and it didnt catch my attention at all other than the fact that it looked flashy.

I know. I assumed that it was directed toward the person toward the OP.

It's .hack. I've only played the G.U. games.

For Guilty Crown, the characters were inconsistent and changed personalities on a whim. Also, the plot just jumped from one place to another and the ending was slightly reminiscent of a Deus ex Machina in the sense that it ended with a twist that left me with an unsatisfying explanation for events. Buy anyway, the music, animation, and voice acting are top notch. Also, I wasn't comparing Sword Art Online's story to Guilty Crown's. Sword Art Online's is more consistent with itself.

Devoted Explorer

Sunny Sanity
DimiDizy6d
Sunny Sanity

I know. I assumed that it was directed toward the person toward the OP.

It's .hack. I've only played the G.U. games.

For Guilty Crown, the characters were inconsistent and changed personalities on a whim. Also, the plot just jumped from one place to another and the ending was slightly reminiscent of a Deus ex Machina in the sense that it ended with a twist that left me with an unsatisfying explanation for events. Buy anyway, the music, animation, and voice acting are top notch. Also, I wasn't comparing Sword Art Online's story to Guilty Crown's. Sword Art Online's is more consistent with itself.

Oh, well OP too i guess, can never forget about OP (wait wasnt she complaining about how they skipped over chapter 16.5 or something? I completely forgot.)

And i see. Admittedly i haven't even attempted to get into that oddly enough either, though i have friends who read it all of the time. One day i'll throw myself into that, one day.

And i thought so, the moment i saw the MC shove his hand into the girls chest for a sword or something i kinda just stepped away because nothing ends well with a beginning like that. :S Cant say it isn't on my maybe list though, I always might just watch it to see now nice it looks...
It had a lot of downsides, but a lot of cute and cool high points as well. I was severely disappointed at how short the battle between Heathcliff and Kirito was. Seriously disappointed. I feel there aren't nearly enough fight scenes, and I was sad that Kirito lost to Heathcliff, as well. He's portrayed as such a kick a** character, but I guess even he has to lose a few.

Kuradeel. Man. Kuradeel's scene was ******** crazy! I knew he was kinda ******** up when we first met him, but man! I never expected him to be a PK'er and in Laughing Coffin's guild. It's sad that he PK'ed that Scottish looking guy, and I was worried he'd kill Kirito, too. Good thing Asuna came at the last second, to save him. It was a shock to see Kirito sacrifice his hand, and then become a PK'er, himself, to save Asuna, when Kuradeel turned on her. Kuradeel got what was coming to him.

The scene where they embraced, after, and then kissed, was so touching. I wasn't expecting Kirito to make the first move. And it was pretty funny to see Asuna misinterpret Kirito's "spending the night with her" as "wanting to take her to bed". Kirito's bashful/ nervous expressions were cute and priceless! Why the unholy ******** are you so damn cute, Kirito?! I actually thought they were going to go all the way, before he innocently cleared up any misconception Asuna might've had. His reaction when he was just about to get uppercut into orbit by Asuna was cute, too.

The scene where he was watching Asuna sleep, after that, and getting closer to her, emotionally, after waking her up, was cute. And the proposal was omg surprising! And cute at the same time. It's so sweet Kirito's finally getting getting his feelings for her out in the open. But I do feel that that, too, was a bit rushed. The series should've been longer, with more sweet and tender moments between them, emotional bonding, ect, before he proposed a marriage.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Wait??...WAS THERE A HENTAI SCENE IN THE MANGA??... O_O

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers